View Full Version : you better start watching VALLEY of SIN

richard1955
01-15-2017, 04:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOdOhB9It1M&t=183s

He is something "special !!

R DuCHARME

richard1955
01-23-2017, 04:07 PM
I can't fault VoS or Wilbur. Going out from the outside post would have just resulted in a "speed duel" to the quarter in 27 sec. But once the leader backed down the half to a 2:05 rate ? even VoS couldn't go from last to first AGAIN

I won't complain about finishing a closing 2nd.

He still trotted his last half under 56 secs. I have NO doubt VoS can trot under 1:54 or 53. But that happens when the "fractions" set up right. NOT a half in 59.2

They might be trotting faster on the mile track ? But why should we "move" him ?
Meadowlands races for LESS $$$, and Yonkers can be a bit crazy for the $$$$$

As long as we can ? We will keep VoS where he is @ The Meadows, and avoid the winter shipping / training problems.

Hopefully the Race Sec can keep this race "alive" till the BIG races happen later in the year.

Don't take your eye off this horse. Just because he isn't racing at Yonkers or The Meadowlands ? doesn't mean he couldn't !!.

Richard DuCHARME

richard1955
02-01-2017, 04:07 AM
Unpleasant seeing that "BL" appear in his charts last stat. But I am not surprise ? Sort of been expecting it ?
Valley of Sin was the only horse in the race that wasn't already racing on LASIX. The vet "rated" the bleeding a 4/10
So, it could have been worse.. Racing in winter is always risky. The cold puts extra stress on their air ways. Rues say we sit a week, so
hopefully we can get back on track in a couple starts. I just hope the "Racing Gods" agree to let VoS have his chance in the
BIG races later this summer.

richard1955
02-01-2017, 04:14 AM
Very impressive. I watched from the paddock (as a guest) the year Dimitria (who Quick Work beat @ sovalla) won Prix de Amerique. And a horse we exported sired Queen L

The best thing was to see the excitement, and high level of fan support trotting has in europe. Hopefully
Valley of Sin will bring us back on the Europe Stage (racetrack). We have already had "buying" inquires from a few countries.

RD

(2 words on Bold Eagle did not seem like a thread about him)