PDA

View Full Version : Life sign mares

Greg Hando
07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
What stallions do people consider a good cross for his mares and what has his mares crossed well with in the US and Canada all help appreciated

mightymo
07-22-2011, 04:10 PM
What stallions do people consider a good cross for his mares and what has his mares crossed well with in the US and Canada all help appreciated

I do like the idea of going to American Ideal to get the double up of Three Diamonds.

In America, LS mares have crossed particularly well with Cam Fella line stallions in Bettors Delight, Cams Card Shark, Camluck and Four Starzzz Shark. Has also had pretty good sucees with Western line stallions in Western Ideal, Western Hanover and The Panderosa.

To date, only had fairly limited success with Artsplace line stallions. Too much Abercrombie???

mango
07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi Mightymo

I like the American Ideal cross and as you said the double up of Three Diamonds but also due to American Ideal being by Western Ideal is a plus for.

smithy
07-22-2011, 04:45 PM
i'd say we need more info on the mare...size..speed... toughness..confirmation... relatives that are handy

mango
07-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I think it was just a question in general and Winston was just asking what is the best cross with Life Sign mare's so far over in the states and what Stallion's would suit pedigree wise. Yes of course all other info will come into play but if he can narrow it down to say 6 stallion's on what has crossed well with L-Sign mare's and what looks good on paper then look at speed and conformation and so on.

smithy
07-22-2011, 05:37 PM
kk i thought he wanted advice on a mare he owned

mango
07-22-2011, 05:46 PM
If he has a mare in mind well yes more info for sure but you can narrow it down pretty quick by looking at golden crosses and pedigree's and then price, time and money won and whether it is to race or sell there's a heap of thing's to look at.

Greg Hando
07-22-2011, 07:33 PM
There is 4 mares from varying families all are black type just wondering generally which sires or sire lines are clicking in the US

mightymo
07-22-2011, 09:26 PM
There is 5 mares from varying families all are black type just wondering generally which sires or sire lines are clicking in the US

I hope they are not all Life Sign mares!:):)

Greg Hando
07-22-2011, 09:32 PM
No not all 4 the mares are
Lifes Destiny, Thankheavenforlife, Sarah Topaz and Danerky any help appreciated

Love Of Courage
07-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello Winston,

I have a nicely bred Life Sign mare also and the stallion that stands out to me is American Ideal as this gives a 3 x 3 to Three Diamonds. As has been pointed out previously by several of our well informed posters that as Life Sign progeny are grinders, stallions with high point to point speed are best suited such as American Ideal. I have a very nice yearling colt by American Ideal so I know he can throw a nice foal.

Curious you mention Lifes Destiny as I have 2 half sisters to this mare and have followed her career very closely. I did enquire about her and was offered this mare whilst she was in the Surrogate mare ( Embryo Transfer ) but thought that the price was way too high. She was bought my Ian Dobson for $ 12,000 at an APG sale. She has obviously been onsold since then. This family seems to cross well with sons of Abercrombie ( Golden Greek & Life Sign ).

Would like to hear any more regarding Lifes Destiny and future plans for her !

Regards,

Sue