PDA

View Full Version : Forum Stats

admin
08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
As this forum has been chugging along nicely for a number of months I thought members here would be interested in seeing some stats.

We are currently approaching 350 members with nearly all of that number having made at least one post. Triple V is tops on posts with Mango very close behind, both having made over 1000 posts. Good work :)

In terms of visitor numbers we are seeing monthly traffic of 10,000 visitors each month, each visitor on average views 7 pages/visit, making monthly page views of 70,000.

As is pretty obvious we're heavy on the Aussie users, and I've noticed a trend in other harness racing media of referring to Harnesslink as an Australian harness racing site, which is a little annoying. (For those that don't know we are based in Drury, a small horse-centric suburb of South Auckland, NZ.)

As always, there's room for improvement so if anybody would like to see any changes just let me know here or via PM.

aussiebreno
08-03-2011, 04:03 PM
In some sad news I've heard along the grapevine that the families of VVV and Mango have filed missing persons report. My advice would be to check the office :p

triplev123
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Estrogen Castle here Breno. Master Chef & Project Runway on the TV 24/7. It's the only bit of peace I get. :rolleyes:

mango
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
No need to file a missing person's report on me my family know i'm at work lmao.

triplev123
08-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm 36 in front of you Mango. Watch my arse as I disappear into the distance.:rolleyes:

Flashing Red
08-03-2011, 05:54 PM
As is pretty obvious we're heavy on the Aussie users, and I've noticed a trend in other harness racing media of referring to Harnesslink as an Australian harness racing site, which is a little annoying. (For those that don't know we are based in Drury, a small horse-centric suburb of South Auckland, NZ.)

Typical Kiwi with a chip on their shoulder! lmao j/k :)

mango
08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah mate i've hooked the spot lights up so i can see you a bit longer.

mango
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Typical Kiwi with a chip on their shoulder! lmao j/k :)

Tell the truth Flashing your serious.

Flashing Red
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Tell the truth Flashing your serious.

lol you nailed me! :)

No, in all seriousness, it's just the usual Kiwi-Aussie rivalry! :) Just like it use to peeve me off in the USA, they check and confirm your gear every start (someone walks around with a clipboard) when they called my white neck straps "New Zealand neck straps". I tried to tell them that they were from Australia not New Zealand so that would make them "Australian neck straps". They ignored me. lol.

aussiebreno
08-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I've breen trying to claim Dexter Dunn as Australian over the last few days!

triplev123
08-03-2011, 11:00 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I hope he at least arrived with flowers & took you out to dinner first. ;)

Flashing Red
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
lmao! Bet that rubbed some the wrong way! Just like a number of NZers I know think Australian's can't claim Phar Lap as their own. hehehe :)

admin
08-04-2011, 04:01 PM

No, in all seriousness, it's just the usual Kiwi-Aussie rivalry! :) Just like it use to peeve me off in the USA, they check and confirm your gear every start (someone walks around with a clipboard) when they called my white neck straps "New Zealand neck straps". I tried to tell them that they were from Australia not New Zealand so that would make them "Australian neck straps". They ignored me. lol.

I was in Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while :)

aussiebreno
08-04-2011, 04:12 PM
I was Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while :)
Hahahaha classic. Or is that hehehehe clissac....

triplev123
08-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I was in Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while :)

Hahahahaha. You'd be amazed by the amount of luggage out of LAx that gets labled up to go to Austria...instead of Australia.

Flashing Red
08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: I hope he at least arrived with flowers & took you out to dinner first. ;)

Can't believe I missed this you perv!!

Flashing Red
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM

I went to a drug store in Jersey and was asking where I would find the Ichthaomol (sp?) for one of my horses that had an abscess... anyways after telling her all about this filly, she had a blank look on her face and then said to me "I love your accent!" The thing is she didn't take in a word I had to say and I had to repeat myself all over again. lol. I got the "are you English" a lot too. It's funny I don't think Aussie and Kiwi accents sound English at all, but then I have trouble telling Canadian and American accents apart and they are suppose to be chalk and cheese too.

justdoit
08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I lived overseas for a number of years and instead of having to leave the country and re-enter to extend the temporary visa every three months I applied for a residency.
Had to send lots of paper work, passport, etc
It worked, I received the official papers and the passport..... my nationality AUSTRIA?

The police did ask if I speak any English. Never have:)