PDA

View Full Version : Tintin in America

Shannon
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Anyone one know how big he actually is? I think his stud fee isn't to far off the mark if your looking for some raw speed

triplev123
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
It's great to see that Nevele R are giving him a shot. Good for them.

Gtrain
08-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Good horse. The ABC he won was a great race. I was dirty when he got past BB though. Dont want to give kiwis anything. The boom on Mcardle seems to have gone a bit quiet this year though. Ordinary season for him or have I missed something somewhere?

Love Of Courage
08-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Agree I think the stud fee is on the mark for him.

triplev123
08-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeh, McArdle was an absolutely courageous racehorse, I loved watching him go, but as a sire it's like he has never really gotten off the ground, at least not over here in Oz anyway where he has served books of 20, 17,12, 48,45, 42 and last season 29. Initially, in that firstor second season (I can't remember which one?) we had a bit of a go with him a number of times...but early on his transported semen was a bit of a roller coaster ride and we couldn't get our mares in foal (a mate of mine's comment on the horse's transported semen at the time was "I'm a studmaster, not a funeral director") so we dropped off & went elsewhere. Subsequent events were such that we never returned.
In the interim his first couple of crops had gotten to the track & early on & from the small number that were about here they looked quite Ok to me but while his colts were Ok racehorses his fillies were a bit ordinary and so that just tore any chance of him being considered again. I could never work that out because there were a few things that had me convinced at the time he was going to be a very good sire of fillies, I expected them all to be quite notably better than his colts but as it turned out it has been almost the complete opposite.
That's not to say that Tintin couldn't get it done as a sire fo course...in fact he might well do so because in hindsight as a racehorse he had something that his sire might have lacked just enough of to have made the difference as far as siring success or falling a bit short was concerned, high speed. Tintin could absolutely blaze for a piece and as far as his chances of getting the job done at stud in this part of the world are concerned...that's a pretty good card to be holding.