PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Sports artical 1975

richard1955
03-13-2018, 07:11 AM
I would like to obtain a "frame able" copy of a article that appeared after our 1975 trip to Sovalla.

The day AFTER the elitlopp one of the swedish papers declared QUICK WORK the "moral" victor, after he won his elimination, and finished a amazing 2nd to Timothy T after a terrible auto start.

We were visibly "interfered" with by DELMONICA HANOVER @ the gate, yet after two previous re-calls the starter let them "go"

Watch the race, and you will understand what a remarkable performance it was. We still finished ahead of her (beat her in the elim also), and beat DIMITRIA also. But the race was declared "offical"
So what could we do ? We beat the horse that interfered with us ? But it was NOT a "fair" start

Anyway, if any readers can assist in obtaining such a copy ? I would be grateful.
I would like to "frame" it for my father

PS: It is in Swedish, so a swedish to english translation page would be helpful ?

Richard DuCHARME

richard1955
03-22-2018, 01:42 AM
To avoid confusion... I only seek a high quality PHOTO COPY or .pdf SCAN of this article, NOT a actual newspaper copy

I can then enlarge/print a copy to frame for my father.. A english translation page would also be apprciated.

Thank You
RD

richard1955
04-02-2018, 01:52 AM
I need FLAT / CLEAR scans ( jpeg or pdf ) of these articles for framing.

A swedish to english translation would also be helpful. One article even mentions FLOWER DANCE who was exported to RUSSIA ?

QW was never a easy gate horse. And after two (2) "false starts" We got "squeezed off the gate" by DELMONICA HANOVER the 3rd try (that the starting judge "let go") ??

The fact that QW "caught quick" (unusual for HIM) and was able to both "catch and circle" the BEST and STILL beat DH + DIMITRIA and ALL the best horses in Europe makes it a race for the ages. Unfortunately he could NOT hold off TIMOTHY T (who got a PERFECT trip) should not be surprising ?

Even stranger, Hanns FROMMING asked my Dad (after the race) to leave QW in Europe (with HIM) ?

LOL

We couldn't "object" or "appeal" ? because the race was declared "official", and we beat the horse that caused our interference ( DELMONICA HANOVER ) But when a CHIEF STEWARD says it was a TERRIBLE start ? it was !!

Anyway, if a reader could please send me the articles in a clear, printable form that I could frame? I would appreciate it.

papagayo
05-07-2018, 11:22 PM
Try asking in the Harness Racing History group on Facebook, there are many swedes there who may be able to help you out :)

Caridad
03-26-2019, 02:56 AM
We couldn't "object" or "appeal" ? because the race was declared "official", and we beat the horse that caused our interference ( DELMONICA HANOVER ) But when a CHIEF STEWARD says it was a TERRIBLE start ? it was !!