PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Comp: Win $1000!

admin
12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
The success of our last forum competition has prompted us to step it up a little, this time we're offering a cool $1000 to the winner.

To be eligible you will need to have at least 100 posts on the forum between now and January 15th. All entrants will also need to have modified their profile to include their location and upload an avatar (the small image next to your name - you can see mine is the Harnesslink logo).

I believe our last competition had 17 eligible to win, and the prize was valued at around $200, so this is an extremely easy way to up your bank balance.

Terms and Conditions

Post's must be about harness racing - the occasional off topic comment is fine, but if we see anyone spamming they'll be out of the contest.

Post's must quality, again the occasional few word post is permitted, but if they make up the majority of your posts you won't be eligible.

You must start at least 5 threads
----
That's it, pretty easy right. If you are not yet registered you can register here (http://www.harnessracingforum.com/register.php?)

nat
12-03-2010, 10:55 PM
how do you set up an Avatar have tried several times but it wont let me do it

Neil
12-04-2010, 06:57 AM
I was able to add my avatar from editing my profile

and I was able to upload this image from my PC but there was also a button that needed to be on to show avatar

nat
12-04-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah I have tried this but the avatar section has Do not use an avatar selected and wont unselect

Neil
12-04-2010, 12:32 PM
sorry then I can't help you - those buttons appear to me to be one or the other so when I click on show avatar the other one goes off

sure the administrator will be able to help when they are next here

PS going to take me a while to get to 100 - better start something controversial

admin
12-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Nat, you're right. Complete oversight on my part combined with pretty strange default forum options.

I've just enabled Avatars for registered Users, Neil and I are moderators which is why we could do it (and I missed that nobody else could).

To add an Avatar, click "Forum Actions" up in the top menu, then "Edit Profile" then "Edit Avatar".

Neil
12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
would have made it easy for me to win the $1000 if you hadn't fixed that

nat
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Cheers thought I was going nuts

Flashing Red
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Lmao, I came here to see if anyone wanted to join this awesome harness racing game I dabble on, I joined a while ago but there were some narky people on here so I let it be. Come back and there are some good discussions - 100 posts by Jan 15? Not sure if I can do it, but why not give it a crack. I've been told I can talk the leg off a wooden chair so hopefully that goes for posting too!

Neil
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
wondered why it had got busy FR -lol

look forward to lots of posts

admin
01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
At the moment only 2 members qualify (Mango and Nat) so those are better than the odds you get at the track ;)

Flashing Red
01-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I am getting there slowly but surely! Trying to make all posts quality! lmao. Actually, the whole forum has seemed to pick up since yesterday, which makes it a little easier :)

peacheymagic
01-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Same here Flashing Red need more people on here, hard to make conversation with yourself!

Neil
01-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Justdoit spent the night talking to him/herself and is almost at the 100 :-)

Flashing Red
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I literally laughed out loud when I read that! And yes Peachy, it is better the more people that post so it doesn't look like one is dominating the conversation. lol.

Neil
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm going to have to watch more Australian harness racing so I can join more conversations but the Motor Inn they book me in to here in Hamilton doesn't have Trackside - how bad is that?

justdoit
01-11-2011, 11:33 PM

The tomatoes sorted themselves:/ Originally Posted by Neil

Justdoit spent the night talking to him/herself and is almost at the 100 :-)I literally laughed out loud when I read that! And yes Peachy, it is better the more people that post
so it doesn't look like one is dominating the conversation. lol.

I feel picked on by the Neil and Flashy and so if I happen to be the winner of the $1000. please donate it to the hospital of your choice. Thank you and good bye.

Neil
01-12-2011, 06:45 PM
don't be silly Justdoit - you can't be that sensitive on a public forum - I'm sorry but it was a poor attempt at humour - I saw the 4 posts in a row - at least unlike other forums where people have mutliple usernames to argue with themselves

Flashing Red
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM

The tomatoes sorted themselves:/ Originally Posted by Neil

Justdoit spent the night talking to him/herself and is almost at the 100 :-)I literally laughed out loud when I read that! And yes Peachy, it is better the more people that post
so it doesn't look like one is dominating the conversation. lol.

I feel picked on by the Neil and Flashy and so if I happen to be the winner of the $1000. please donate it to the hospital of your choice. Thank you and good bye.

That's silly! Can't you take a joke? :( It could have very well been about me with how much I've been posting over the past few days!! lol! :)

Flashing Red
01-15-2011, 02:07 AM

That's exactley what I did tonight, was more difficult than I thought. :( I will be away from the computer most of the day tomorrow (Sat 15th) cleaning up from the floods and I wasn't sure if posts on the 15th were included or not. Not looking forward to the hard slog tomorrow but ohwell has to be done I guess. really glad for the last 2 days being sunny, has dried a lot of the mud up.

Sorry for swamping forum goers. I did try and put some thought into all the posts so I hope they contribute to the forum :)

admin
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Contest is now closed. Qualifying members are as follows:

Mango
nat
Phoenix
Flahing Red
Justdoit
Neil

I'll make the draw tomorrow (Monday) probably around 5pm. New Comp to be announced in a week or two.

justdoit
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Hello All,
Neil and flash April fool's , I have been on a trip up north for the last 4 days.
A little to catch up on the forum.

Admin, re- the donation of the prize money was no April fool's.

admin
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
And the winner is...

Flashing Red! Congrats to you sir, I'll be in touch.

Thanks to everybody who participated, and don't worry if you didn't win, your efforts will likely help your chances in future competitions. The next one will be announced in the next week or so.

About the draw: The draw was generated by random.org, the most trusted site in random number generation. You can read more about it here: http://www.random.org

Flashing Red
01-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Squeeeeeee! Thank you so much Harness Link. :D I have never won anything in my life, when I knew it was a draw I kinda gave up, I'm not very lucky! I'm a uni student so this is unbelievably appreciated. And don't worry, I'm here to stay. :) There are some really nice folk on here and everyone is always pleasant, even if we don't all agree. :) Thankyou, Harness Link, a million times over. :D :D :D

peacheymagic
01-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Congrats Flashing Red and well done to harness link for such a great prize and such a well orgaised forum, i have really enjoyed the discussions on here with all the members long may it continue.

justdoit
01-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Congratulations Flashing Red, a well deserved win.

Phoenix
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
... nat still in front..neil now under pressure.. third quarter 28.4.. phoenix out three wide getting closer.. tracked up by mango.. justdoit second last and flashing red last.. in the straight.. nat and neil both under sufferance.. phoenix gets to them.. mango pulls out four wide.. five wide justdoit and flashing red down the extreme outside.. phoenix takes the lead but here is justdoit and flashing red absolutely flying.. justdoit.. flashing red.. justdoit.. flashing red.. FLASHING RED POKES HIS NOSE IN FRONT AND FLASHING RED WINS......

congrats flashing red.. came from well behind and scooped the prize..

Neil
01-18-2011, 05:56 PM
congratulations flashing red

now how about a service to your namesake - must be able to find a mare for you to have :-)

Flashing Red
01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
One is being inseminated by him in a few hours! :) And he's free, regardless, remember? :D

Neil
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
good luck with that one then. we will keep an eye on it over the years

Don Corleone
01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Well done Red. I have enjoyed reading your comments as I have everyones. Good stuff. What are you studying at Uni? Good luck with it.

Flashing Red
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Bachelor of Laws at the Queensland Univesity of Technology - 6 months to go and I'm free :)

Don Corleone
01-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Good Stuff Red. Keep up the good work - six months is like turning into the stretch.................you're almost home.

Flashing Red
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much Harness Link, the money arrived. I am very greatful :)

Phoenix
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Thank you very much Harness Link, the money arrived. I am very greatful :)

It's actually 'grateful' .....

Phoenix
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Bachelor of Laws at the Queensland Univesity of Technology - 6 months to go and I'm free :)

Yep, you will be out of the oven and jump into the fire.. the fire of life..

We often wish we were all back at school... but back when we were in school.. we wished we were out of school...

Flashing Red
01-29-2011, 12:26 AM
It's actually 'grateful' .....

Don't ask me my times tables either...

The price we pay for calculators and spell check! :)