PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Reactor NZ

aussiebreno
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
As a southern hemisphere forum member, specifically an Australian who believed Auckland Reactor was overhyped and over-rated I don't go much on him. He is definately a Grand Circuit horse here and he definately under-performed in the States/Canada, possibly for medical reasons. So after all that you witnessed from his NZ career and his US career what are your opinions of Auckland Reactor?

justdoit
12-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Prizemoney: NZ$1,440,656
Group One Wins
New Zealand Sires Stakes 3yo Final
New Zealand Trotting Derby
New Zealand Free For All
Auckland Trotting Cup
Noel J Taylor Memorial Mile
New Zealand Messenger Championship
4-Year-Old Emerald
A very good race horse, that had the opportunity to race in the US.
He will get a good number of quality mares and will have every chance to prove himself as a sire,
so time will tell. I would breed to him, there are many other stallions at stud of lesser ability IMO.
Wagga, the best thing to come out of there.. definitely the Mortimer Brothers.

nat
12-04-2010, 11:02 AM
A little bit harsh on the horse he has done some amazing things in his short career he should had been pull from his trip in the US and sorted out as he was well below him self I can understand his stud career if he was recovering from surgery like putting a mare in foal when she has to stand out a season but he should had always been aimed to race again just look at the race All Tiger beat him and the circumstances and look at what All Tiger is doing in Canada and tell me what he should be capable of, defiantly over hyped not overrated

Joe Fitz
12-04-2010, 12:35 PM
People are always talking about how owners and breeders should feel obliged to race their stars well past their colt years, for the sake of the fans and the sport. However, AR is a good example of how much a horse can devalue himself with a stretch of bad racing. Fortunately for AR, this bad stretch occurred far from home, hence he is more likely to be forgiven for it.

nat
12-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Joe

I know what your saying when you have a star juvenile and he has a stud career ahead of him its a big risk to go that extra year especially if he cannot dominate and he looses some of his gloss and a new star hits the scene and people interest drifts from last years star to this years star on the other hand it will be interesting what injury and failed stud career and return to racing has done for Sharks Gesture. In the southern Hemisphere we look to race our horses beyond 2yld and 3yld until they have proven themselves at open company and won a few group 1 races the probably would be overlooked at breeding time.

aussiebreno
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Wasn't harsh on the horse - I said he is definatly Grand Circuit horse. If I'm harsh because of that and people are still trying to say he is better than that (eg a star of the Grand Circuit) then it isnt hype but over-rated.

The will Auckland Reactor/won't he race on talk was mute point down under. There was absoultely no inclination he would be retired after his 3yo years. A lot different philosophies here. We might breed to your star 3yos but a star 3yo here has nothing on a star aged pacer.

jammsb
12-07-2010, 04:13 AM
He raced like a rat in the US. I know that he has to in reality be a much better horse. He couldn't have been much worse.

jsday
12-11-2010, 05:06 PM
You know i bet if they would have given him to good ole louie pena he could have went with the free for allers.....I know one thing he's no Mr Feelgood.

John Curtin
12-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Just to let all the forum members know that Auckland Reactor is fine and that the six shares that were sold have all been sold to Australian investors. Quite an interesting situation considering some of the comments from some Australian members. The horse is now owned by 15% Canadian, 10% New York, 10% New Zealand and the rest Australian. I will endevour to update you all later in the week. From all reports Mark Purdon and the Allstar team are very happy with the way the horse is at the moment.

http://harnesslink.com/markpurdon.news/

jsday
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
He's a bum....lol no obviously he is a champ in his own right. I guess he doesnt like temperatures over 75 degrees? If Kelvin Harrison couldnt get him going maybe they should have tried Pena.......lol. When you look at group 1s he's won and the fact they race 3 wide and stuff. Hes gone some amazing trips.

mango
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi John
Thanks for the up date it's much appreciated and i look foward to hearing more about how he is comming along over the next couple of months.

Hi Jsday
From your point of view i can understand as he was terrible over there but if you ever get the chance go to the Harness New Zealand web site and watch a few of he's races i think he will suprise you and that way you will know why they had big expectation's of the horse. If you need more info on the n.z web site feel free to reply and i'll help you out as much as possible.

The Charioteer
12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
a freak............the best 3yo produced in the southern hemisphere

admin
12-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Jsday
From your point of view i can understand as he was terrible over there but if you ever get the chance go to the Harness New Zealand web site and watch a few of he's races i think he will suprise you and that way you will know why they had big expectation's of the horse. If you need more info on the n.z web site feel free to reply and i'll help you out as much as possible.

We've uploaded most of Auckland Reactors races on our Harnesslinkdotcom YouTube channel, which is a little easier to use and less buggy than the HRNZ system (though without the comprehensive stats and chronological order). It's here, just click uploads at the top right and search for Auckland Reactor: http://www.youtube.com/user/Harnesslinkdotcom

trotpace
01-25-2011, 10:00 PM

pretty sad, The horse isn't that great and isn't even good looking.

Allan
02-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Personally, I think he was a victim of circumstances. Once they identified and treated his problems in the US, they should have brought him back in the winter season when the true top class horses are sitting in Florida to give him some experience and seasoning against North American horses. Then assuming, he did well, kept him racing into the summer to tackle the top horses.

No, I am not saying he was the second coming of Cardigan Bay but he was a much better horse than we saw.

He never had a real chance in the states. That's MHO.

buster
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM

dunno if you remember a horse known as christian cullen?

aussiebreno
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
dunno if you remember a horse known as christian cullen?

Or Courage Under Fire...even Chokin - Miracle Mile invite wasnt it?

buster
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
yup cuf into the vic cup and inter as a 4 yr old
chokin into miracle mile

triplev123
02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Amen to that Buster.
Christian Cullen would have pounded Auckland Reactor into the track like a Tent Peg.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/200173706-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=5047FA587DE1CADE55A75B65CDF211B97CF742AE34FA882E 8399D5E5D2285CCAB5AF9B7D601FECA8

Shannon
02-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Reactor was unbeaten at 3 tho. no doubt cullen had power presence and style but he was beatable

aussiebreno
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Courage Under Fire - something like 6 derbies in both NZ and Aust.
Christian Cullen wasnt kept in cotting wool though. I actually agree AR was the better 3yo but anyway heres some reminiscing because CC was certaintly a better aged horse then both of the undefeated whiz kids "And Danny Campbell let him go." "He's done it there, and now hes dont it here. Hail the new Australiasian Champion". A great call of CCs Miracle Mile! What CC done to the BEST of the BEST is what AR done to a the 3yos.

buster
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
auckand reactor won alot of races because everyone was just scared of the hype and he found the front until he came to aus

i saw one of AR owners at the hunter cup last night and he seemed very upbeat about his recent outings

username
02-08-2011, 11:53 PM
AR has smashed up monkey king a few times I hope he can get back to that form. Can't wait to see him on saturday.