PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Reactor wins the Avon City Ford Cup

Flashing Red
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
From Smiling Shard and Bettor's Strike. I haven't seen the race (was on the way home from feeding my own gigi's!!) but from what I heard he stepped away well.

admin
09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I missed it too, but only because I'm an idiot and forgot.

Video is here: http://racevideo.hrnz.co.nz/Videos/2011/09/30/20110930-03206-0256.wmv

David Summers
09-30-2011, 09:11 PM
What a performance! Mark Purdon is a genius. Am a huge fan of Auckland Reactor but he has a terrible record in standing starts but here started like a rocket. Passed half the field in the first 200 metres!

On the turn caught up behind a wall of horses and I was conceding that a 5th place would be a great effort , switched to the outside and flew to the line to will brilliantly.

That was the REAL Auckland Reactor. All class!

Shannon
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
If he can relax like that he will take all sorts of beating in any race. Would be good if he can win the cup to silence his critic's. The monkey apperntly privately time 2.53 last 2400. Should be in for some awesome racing

mango
09-30-2011, 10:11 PM
It was great to see Mark Purdon get A.R away safely but the biggest suprise for me was how relaxed he was in the run. I hope Smoken Up heads accross for the cup as it will make it one exciting race.

mightymo
10-01-2011, 12:38 AM
I wonder where our friend Triple VVV/Neville Bartos/Boutros Boutros is? He is one of AR's biggest critics. Refers to him as the Chernobyl reactor....:):)

aussiebreno
10-01-2011, 01:48 AM
I wonder where our friend Triple VVV/Neville Bartos/Boutros Boutros is? He is one of AR's biggest critics. Refers to him as the Chernobyl reactor....:):)
That won't do him any favours on getting back to the forum!

When he was a 3yo I too was sceptical of the horse (moreso the hype that imo over-rated him). Then everyone dropped off him whilst he was in America and since he's come back I quite like him because the hype has died down!

Mightymo I know your username from a certain NZ based racing forum...was VVV moniker Canny by any chance?

Greg Hando
10-01-2011, 02:25 AM

Ithink he might be barred again Mo

Flashing Red
10-01-2011, 10:46 AM
moniker Canny by any chance?

I always liked that poster. :) Will happily stand to be corrected.... I think VVV's race reading skills on here are superior that that of Canny on the other forum, I don't think they would be the same person...