PDA

View Full Version : Banning forum contributors

The Lout
12-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Jules, can we please see some kind of policy re; banning forum players?

Flashing Red
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I have banned several players over the past week.... for 7 days each. For pot stirring, being aggressive / being intolerable of the views of others, fake names etc. From their recent posts and/or names it is quite evident why they were banned. There have been SEVERAL complaints from members over the past few weeks about a number of posters and the content of their posts.

The Lout
12-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Tell me flashing red, do they ( the banned) get a chance to appeal this ?

aussiebreno
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Word has it you purchased a new book Lout. "Dummies guide to showing everybody you are a previously banned forum member"

Step1: Create an obviously fake name
Step2: Start a thread questioning the banning of forum members

Success!

The Lout
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Word has it you purchased a new book Lout. "Dummies guide to showing everybody you are a previously banned forum member"

Step1: Create an obviously fake name
Step2: Start a thread questioning the banning of forum members

Success!

that seems a tad disrespectful to me Aussiebrenno

Starship Captain
12-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi The Lout,
What Aussiebreno posted was just in good fun, if he was being disrespectful he would have called you a dickhead, but he did not do any such thing:)

Flashing Red
12-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Tell me flashing red, do they ( the banned) get a chance to appeal this ?

*shrugs* I guess you could e-mail Jules. These bans are only for 7 days to let certain parties cool down.... :)

Starship Captain
12-23-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE&feature=fvwrel

admin
12-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Jules, can we please see some kind of policy re; banning forum players?

Sure, the main policy, Mr. Gibson, is to include your real name otherwise you will get banned, soon. It's also advisable to post threads in the correct forum, for instance this should have been posted in the help section, so I'll move it there now.

Other then that, the other rule is to basically play nice. No personal attacks, accusations you can't back up, and try not to curse. Not that hard.

Regarding your appeal question... I tend to give people a fair amount of slack, so by the time an appeal is needed it's probably going to be turned down. As Tahn mentioned, many people are banned for 7 days, and in that case you're probably better off just waiting that out. In general mods will be less lenient with newer members, so if your first post if a drug accusation or telling somebody to "piss off" (that one happened recently) then you're likely to get labeled an unsavory character and permanently banned.

The Lout
12-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Sure, the main policy, Mr. Gibson, is to include your real name otherwise you will get banned, soon. It's also advisable to post threads in the correct forum, for instance this should have been posted in the help section, so I'll move it there now.

Other then that, the other rule is to basically play nice. No personal attacks, accusations you can't back up, and try not to curse. Not that hard.

Regarding your appeal question... I tend to give people a fair amount of slack, so by the time an appeal is needed it's probably going to be turned down. As Tahn mentioned, many people are banned for 7 days, and in that case you're probably better off just waiting that out. In general mods will be less lenient with newer members, so if your first post if a drug accusation or telling somebody to "piss off" (that one happened recently) then you're likely to get labeled an unsavory character and permanently banned.

so Jules can you please tell me which post I was banned for? I think I may have been mixed up with someone else.

Cheers,

Dan

Greg Hando
12-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Try Harry Truman for a start perhaps

admin
12-24-2011, 05:17 AM
so Jules can you please tell me which post I was banned for? I think I may have been mixed up with someone else.

Cheers,

Dan

I didn't ban you so I don't know. I'm going to ban your account you are currently posting under. You have 3 days left under your Danno account. Create another one and I'll have to ban your IP.