TREBOR54
01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
will this lift our NZ Bred trotters to new speed levels

triplev123
01-03-2011, 03:50 AM
...by the time they are 8yos.

justdoit
01-03-2011, 07:04 AM
The French sires did produce some ok pacers in Australia. Lets hope they can pass on some speed and the ability to trot in NZ.

Neil
01-03-2011, 07:42 AM
I hope so too - we will try a couple of them but watching some races some are not as smooth gaited as US trotters. Saw on You Tube the stallion currently standing and still racing in France (Sam Bourbon) gallop when taking the lead in a lead up race to the Prix d Amerique - You Tube is just brilliant for watching races so soon after they are held.

TREBOR54
01-03-2011, 09:05 AM
so what about the like of Revenue S I watched videos of him and his dam race and they were both tough and fast

TREBOR54
01-03-2011, 09:09 AM
also 2yo trotters that can trot all the way are a rarity. I had the pleasure of breeding one that did TK Victor 2002 NZ 2yo Trotter of the Year and I am breeding from his mother and sister at present one to a son of Andover Hall and the other to son of Coktail Jet

Neil
01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
except for that day the false start upset your boy and we beat you. lol

which andover hall son did you go to?

we dont buy at the sales any more -leasing off the Grices mainly but bred a Sundon 2yo colt from my Holdonmyheart mare. Like all he was looking good but don't they all.

Talked to Alan Clark at Omakau yesterday and he said Zoogin was a crazy stirred up Sundon - why then is he racing him and letting him walk home in a 2600m mobile already.

Our girl trotted all the way and still beaten a long way in to 4th. the winner was a real nice Sundon. we would just love to make the Oaks.

Neil
01-03-2011, 10:34 AM
so what about the like of Revenue S I watched videos of him and his dam race and they were both tough and fast

Haven't watched him race - there are some real nice stallions here that have great maternal lines - I put Quite Easy and Bacardi Lindy in those categories but of course I have to declare my involvement with Michael House and Roydon Lodge

TREBOR54
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I like Revenue a lot and am sending TK Rocket a 1/2 sistre by Above the Stars to TK Victor to him next year. The Andover Hall stallion was Monkey Bones

nat
01-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Is there many Holdonmyheart mares about being bred was he bred to a lot in NZ. Did we miss the boat in getting as much Valley Victory blood into the system early, at the time he raced he was cutting edge in this part of the world

justdoit
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Is Dr Ronerail in NZ?

TREBOR54
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
very important to have lots of Stars Pride and Valley Victory

Neil
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Is there many Holdonmyheart mares about being bred was he bred to a lot in NZ. Did we miss the boat in getting as much Valley Victory blood into the system early, at the time he raced he was cutting edge in this part of the world

There are certainly a few but unfortunately Holdonmyheart was a victim of some stress related problem and wasn't that fertile and later on was natural service only - he ended up over your way

My girl won one race only but out of Gees Pride so worth a shot - got the Sundon colt, a Monarchy filly lost a Thanksgiving, and going back to Sundon

Three wins for mares by Holdonmyheart so far

Dam Sire Performance - Lifetime Summary
Dam Sire of: 3 N.Z. bred winners. 3 Trotters. (includes totals of N Z wins and N Z stake money)

Horse Name Time Wins Stakes Dam
Guerrero 2.09.2T D 2 $23,022 Thanx
Mooloolaba 2.09.8T D 3 $24,386 Faint Hearted
Mr McGoadles 2.08.5T S 1 $10,979 Phew

Neil
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Is Dr Ronerail in NZ?

Yes he went to someone in the North Island and was available by natural service only I think

I saw him being worked up by Micheal at one stage and was looking quite good

Neil
01-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Is Dr Ronerail in NZ?

Found it in the Stallion Register - Bill Hickey Tuakau $1800 natural service - including working fee

TREBOR54
01-03-2011, 12:02 PM
he is at Linden Park and looks really good

Neil
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM

well they certainly were very impressive wins - now to win enough to be able to afford that service fee

Neil
01-03-2011, 12:21 PM
well they certainly were very impressive wins - now to win enough to be able to afford that service fee

I see on the Peretti site that they say "Revenue is slated to return to Sweden for the 2011 breeding season."

Will Nevele R still have semen in the future?

justdoit
01-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks Trebor54 and Neil, word is he produces a small amount of semen. It`s a shame
with the number of foals, he has done ok. Could be the Valley Victory testicles that have
slowed his career.
Neil, you are forgiven for associating with a dickhead/Micheal House.

Neil
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
We spread our syndicate horses around lots of trainers - that way lots of people we can blame.

we were in the Castleton Mission syndicate so not too much wrong with Mickeee :)

triplev123
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Revenue has more than had his chance in the US. He produces great looking offspring...that by and large can't go.

Justdoit, credit where it's due. No doubt he can get people offside and I've certainly not seen eye to eye with Mouse over the years, I'm sure he thinks I'm a dickhead, & so I'm no 'lets go out to dinner' mate of his by any means....but nobody could ever deny the bloke's talent. I've heard a lot of people say his biggest hurdle is that he tries to do 10 things at once...and despite the fact that he damned near succeeds at doing so he spreads himself too thinly and so never quite gets the 'i's dotted and the 't's crossed. I'd agree with that. If for example he were to instead just zero in on one activity, such as Training alone, then I'm sure he would simply blow his opposition away. Daylight 2nd. I wish I had a quarter of the energy that he must have.

Neil
01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Michael doesn't need me to defend him but he is one of the most affordable trainers out there - not sure how the hell he can do it (must be subsidised by these other activities like the vet clinic and the stud) but still talks about making racing affordable - the stakes are so low I don't know how the hell you can be successful with the training rates of some and the poor returns from racing.

I guess I'm a little different - with the syndicate members putting in their regular small contributions it is more about the win than the stakes as the returns are not what it is about. Our Bettors Delight mare won us 2 Tuesday races at Addington - the photos don't tell the stakes - then she won another 3 races for one of the members after we got rid of her then he sold her to the US and she has even won over there so even we weren't loyal enough.

Thats racing for us little fella's.

triplev123
01-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I also wish I had a quarter of the talent with horses that he has.

Neil
01-03-2011, 04:38 PM

Done a little bit of research this afternoon while watching trots from Amberley and too hot to do anything else

37 live foals from Holdonmyheart mares in Australia and New Zealand (plus this years ones with no returns)

Armbro Invasion 4
Bacardi Lindy 1
Britewell 1
Brylin Boyz 3
Continentalman 1
CR Commando 1
Earl 1
Great Success 1
Last Sunset 1
Monarchy 1
Muscleman 1
Native's Pride 3
Pegasus Spur 3
Sierra Kosmos 1
Sundon 12
Thanksgiving 1
Yankee Paco 1
Total 37

The Muscleman is the closest to line bred

nat
01-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Gee's Neil your day sound exciting as mine and because you have done so much research today on Holdonmyheart are his mares well sought after for breeding or were these all reasonable race mares

Neil
01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
No they wouldn't be very well sought after at all - I wasn't sure if I would breed from my girl but was told that the Holdonmyheart blood and performance was good enough to warrant trying.

Perfect Hold was probably the best mare.

I hope tomorrow is more exciting for both of us :)

It did get better - gave up on races and was watching Maria Sharapova play tennis until the wife got the TV controls and changed to the news

TREBOR54
01-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Its a shame to see such a nice bred Valley Victory stallion like Dr Ronerail so poorly patronised in NZ given that you need Valley Victory blood in the trotting families to enhance speed into the NZ Trotter

Neil
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
with his poor fertility commercial breeders couldn't take the risk with him.

TREBOR54
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I think that is why Bill Hickey from Linden Park (where most of my mares are) is going for a natural service. He is such a nice manner stallion