PDA

View Full Version : the site's for all???

Danno
01-07-2012, 02:42 AM
jules, if a you are anyway half fairdinkum, you would be inclined to "have a yarn" to tripple and his litttle sidekick.
Dan

aussiebreno
01-07-2012, 02:54 AM
http://dybeulj0jdhd2.cloudfront.net/lines/images/10001937/old_line_page/da81917f5ee073781594bc0b627e96bbcf3e03b5.jpg?12567 51388

Don Corleone
01-07-2012, 01:21 PM
jules, if a you are anyway half fairdinkum, you would be inclined to "have a yarn" to tripple and his litttle sidekick.
Dan

One of the problems the internet has introduced is that in this electronic village, all the village idiots have internet access. :p

Keep up the good work triple and aussieb

teecee
01-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Admin...
May be it is about time to remind posters of the rules of the forum as they relate to personal attacks , abuse and poor manners.

Strangely enough I have just looked back over the posts of some of those complaining.
They are some of the worst transgressors.
Some of these threads are now way off the point and just platforms for personal abuse and denegration.

Flashing Red
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Admin...
May be it is about time to remind posters of the rules of the forum as they relate to personal attacks , abuse and poor manners.

Strangely enough I have just looked back over the posts of some of those complaining.
They are some of the worst transgressors.
Some of these threads are now way off the point and just platforms for personal abuse and denegration.

I agree. It is very disappointing the way this forum has degenerated. I am no longer posting on here but I will continue to moderate. If what is said isn't Disney-movie approved, I will delete it and ban repeat offenders. The absolute crap posted on here is a joke.

Don Corleone
01-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I agree Tahn. I have not even bothered reading some of the threads. Shame cause I enjoyed my daily visits to this site.

zipzap
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I have been reading a lot of the topics and some posts have been shot down in flames for their view on certain things.everybody is entitled to a view without some of the replies no doubt trying to ignite the fuse of some.

mango
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
It's such a shame people come onto the Harness Forum using an alias and carry on stupid as this is a fantastic site to discuss all thing's Harness. Over the last couple of weeks there has been a person going under Harness Tragic (Ron) now just to clear this up i was contacted by Ron yesterday who has never left a post on this forum and it was someone using his details who was guttless and couldn't use there real name. Maybe we should look at verifying ourselves by photo copying a licence or passport with a photo and submitting it to Jules to stop this from happening again.

triplev123
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
So old mate Harness Tragic (Ron) was a fake?
Just some feeble minded pea-hearted low-life shitbag having a shot anonymously by way of using someone else's name & e-mail address for cover? Unbelievable.
That's not exactly someone with the courage of their convinctions...now is it?
Tell me where to send the Licence scan Mango. That's a good idea. You have my complete support.
Jules already has my home address, phone number, mobile number and e-mail address. More than happy to send in a Driver's Licence scan too. No worries. If that's all that's needed to keep the imbeciles at bay, great. Otherwise I'm sure this Forum will end up having to be shut down and that would be a great shame.

aussiebreno
01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm happy for DNA testing and fingerprints to be taken. :cool:

mango
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey Breno

To save you the costs involved i'll ring the Wagga police station and ask them for a copy they have on file LMAO.

aussiebreno
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey Breno

To save you the costs involved i'll ring the Wagga police station and ask them for a copy they have on file LMAO.

HAHAHAHA! Nice one.

Danno
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
It's such a shame people come onto the Harness Forum using an alias and carry on stupid as this is a fantastic site to discuss all thing's Harness. Over the last couple of weeks there has been a person going under Harness Tragic (Ron) now just to clear this up i was contacted by Ron yesterday who has never left a post on this forum and it was someone using his details who was guttless and couldn't use there real name. Maybe we should look at verifying ourselves by photo copying a licence or passport with a photo and submitting it to Jules to stop this from happening again.

Great idea Dallas,

I'm all for FACTUAL identification, whats the point in having a forum for discussion if people are not prepared to back themselves. It's a bit like making an anonymous complaint, if you're not prepared to put your name to it then the complaint should not be invalid. I believe, only my opinion of course, that the more transparency, the more open and honest is the forum, not just this particular forum but discussion anywhere.

Cheers,

Dan

Neil
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I haven't had a lot of time to be on here and like Red a bit sick of all the rubbish - and your complaints fill up my inbox so not sure if this assisting with the moderating is a good idea

teecee
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Admin...
Please review the VOICE OFREASON thread under Australian Harness racing.
IMO this thread is simply an attack on the identity, true or otherwise on a poster / member of the forum.
While it has come to light that recently a poster was found to be using a false identity there appears to be no evidence to substantiate the claims in this thread and the thread has been solely set up to attack the identity of a member.
Please consider whether the spirit of this thread is in line with the spirit of the forum.

triplev123
01-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Great idea Dallas,

I'm all for FACTUAL identification, whats the point in having a forum for discussion if people are not prepared to back themselves. It's a bit like making an anonymous complaint, if you're not prepared to put your name to it then the complaint should not be invalid. I believe, only my opinion of course, that the more transparency, the more open and honest is the forum, not just this particular forum but discussion anywhere.

Cheers,

Dan

[VVV] Subsequent to this post, Dan Gibson was severely remprimanded and fined $200 for failing to notify the Moderators of a Change Of Tactics. :p

Danno
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
[VVV] Subsequent to this post, Dan Gibson was severely remprimanded and fined $200 for failing to notify the Moderators of a Change Of Tactics. :p

good catch triple, I have been guilty of one very deliberate, obvious falsie, but only 'cos I coundn't get a response ( and still haven't) for why a seven day ban was put in place.

Cheers,

but I'm appealing the fine.

triplev123
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Don't know if appealing it is a good idea Dan. I think you were somewhat fortunate not to have been charged with 'Consorting with a Phantom' as well. :p

Danno
01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Don't know if appealing it is a good idea Dan. I think you were somewhat fortunate not to have been charged with 'Consorting with a Phantom' as well. :p

Dont know if thats in the rule book, but let's be honest with each other, consorting has many layers doesn't it.?

Messenger
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM

Are you saying that Harness Tragic's supposed real name Ron Xxxx (cannot remember Surname on his posts) has never been a member of this forum and heard that he was supposedly posting on here, and thus contacted you.

Greg Hando
01-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Read the message it said he never left a post nothing about being a member.

zipzap
01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Most people have a email address with a internet provider with their name like "billybloggs@bigpond.com" maybe a way is to only accept members with a genuine email address and not Hotmail,Gmail,Yahoo or any free ones.

aussiebreno
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Most people have a email address with a internet provider with their name like "billybloggs@bigpond.com" maybe a way is to only accept members with a genuine email address and not Hotmail,Gmail,Yahoo or any free ones.
Good idea, but that would see me DQed. Hotmail account for me.

admin
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry for the late reply to this, I've been in transit from the States and whilst there wasn't able to moderate as much as I would have liked.

A few points:

As somebody alluded to, yes it's often the troublemakers that complain the most (not always but they are pretty vocal and use colourful language). They also don't take kindly to their posts being moderated, or being banned etc, which often means mods spend time explaining things they shouldn't need to if the member had simply read and abided by the rules.

I'd love to implement iris and fingerprint scanning, that would probably solve all the problems but I doubt too many would be keen to sign up, and we need to strike a balance between member numbers and decent conversation. As a compromise, I think we need to go further then real names and implement mandatory Facebook connect (reg through Facebook) for new members. Unfortunately the tech that can implement this is out of action until later this month so we'll have to hold off on that until then.

Requiring proper emails (e.g not allowing hotmail etc) apparently does work pretty well, but I've never been a fan. I have quite a few email accounts myself, but the only free account (gmail) is the one I use the most and that's probably true of a fair few other members on here. I think Facebook login would be more robust, even if it's harder to get going and requires a couple more hoops to jump through.

As a whole 95% posts and people on here are very good. It's just a shame that 5% sour the experience for everyone else, and we will work to fix this.

Greg Hando
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I believe some of the post's on here recently about Luke McCarthy are bordering on slander with allegation's of corruption through the use of some help (juicing up )also make the forum administrator's liable as well. With Facebook anyone can make up a dummy account the only way to weed out troublemaker's is to monitor isp addresses. Isp addresses can be used to find out real name's as well. Complaint's can be forwarded to their service provider informing of improper use ie slanderous remark's,accusation's etc .
If a post is deleted the moderator's shouldn't have to explain why it was deleted just send them a message READ THE RULE'S .I also agree with the using of the proper email ac name for signing up after all what have you got to hide by providing it to the Forum Admin,those who don't supply don't let join. Just A thought.

admin
01-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks Greg, will take that into account.

Messenger
01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Read the message it said he never left a post nothing about being a member.

What is with the attitude "read the message". I know it said nothing about being a member that is why I was asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was trying to determine whether the real Ron has the ID 'HarnessTragic' and someone was using it (a worry if others can access your log in) or whether someone had pretended to be him using the ID of Harness Tragic.

Is it ok for me to ask questions Mr Hando Sir

mango
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Kevin
Ron told me someone was using his e-mail address and his not sure how they got it.

Greg Hando
01-11-2012, 02:53 AM
No need to get shitty Messenger was just answering your question and there was no attitude in it at all from my end.

Messenger
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
No need to get shitty Messenger was just answering your question and there was no attitude in it at all from my end.
Fair enough. I live with a schoolteacher and you sure as hell sounded just like her. Next time I will start with the long version so that you understand the point I was making

Greg Hando
01-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Teacher's you will never understand them ,she hasn't got red hair by any chance because their a bit the same way.