PDA

View Full Version : Harness forum ?????

candykisses
01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Fellow Members

I was banned by ( I believe by Flashing Red) for and I'll quote "If your only contribution is to accuse the successful then you should go some where else".

First off I challenge F R to show me were in any of my post that I have accused any one of anything , If she can I will gladly donate $200 to her favorite charity .
If she can't I will expect her apology .

There is a huge difference between expressing one's suspicions and accusing some one.
As for the bit about successful people well F R our jails are full of successful people .
Being successful does not make you immune to doing the wrong thing.

I was under the impression that this was a harness forum and as such we would be talking about topics that are the main topic of conversation within the harness racing network .
Surely there is no more talked about topic at the moment than performance enhancing drugs.

Unless you think pictures of Tripple V's Yearling or aussiebrenno's tips for the Wagga meeting are more worthy of discussion.

I have attended 5 meetings in the last 2 weeks in and around the Sydney metro area(could F R tell us how many she has attended) and I can tell you that the sole topic of discussion is what is being used ( no longer if it is being used) and not by the old mate that trains a winner every pancake day but by trainers that are household names in the game.

Did any one notice the front page of the trotguide this week?
ITPP has been around for 4 years , Why is H.R.N.S.W. suddenly working on a test for it .
Even during the 18 months or so that the Green Light was going on no one thought that ITPP was being used because the horses were probably full of Bi-Carb which gave them a length or 2 advantage nothing out of the ordinary compared to what we are seeing at the moment.

So why the sudden urgency in finding a test for ITPP?
Do they think horses are suddenly improving?
Are they seeing horses now winning by big margins hard held.
Maybe they are seeing a trainer winning at never seen before %'s

A Forum is supposed to be a place you can discuss topics without fear or favour ,but it appears that if a member has a different view to a moderator ( WELL ONE IN PARTICULAR) they get banned.

To highlight this point I would remind fellow members of a post by a frequent poster that called a fellow member a pedophile and accused them of rape and beastiallity but did not get banned ,yet myself and others have been banned for merely expressing our suspicions of wrong doings.

I think it is about time some of the keyboard warriors took off their rose coloured glasses and got out from behind the computers ,get themselves to a meeting or 2 and find out what the general consensus is amongst the harness racing fraternity .

This will probably be my last post as I will no doubt get banned by F R for expressing my views .
If that is the case than I will no longer bother to subscribe to this forum as I believe to silence some one because they have a different view to you is a restriction of one's freedom to express their views.

CASSIE

The Rainmaker
01-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi Fellow Members

I was banned by ( I believe by Flashing Red) for and I'll quote "If your only contribution is to accuse the successful then you should go some where else".

First off I challenge F R to show me were in any of my post that I have accused any one of anything , If she can I will gladly donate $200 to her favorite charity .
If she can't I will expect her apology .

There is a huge difference between expressing one's suspicions and accusing some one.
As for the bit about successful people well F R our jails are full of successful people .
Being successful does not make you immune to doing the wrong thing.

I was under the impression that this was a harness forum and as such we would be talking about topics that are the main topic of conversation within the harness racing network .
Surely there is no more talked about topic at the moment than performance enhancing drugs.

Unless you think pictures of Tripple V's Yearling or aussiebrenno's tips for the Wagga meeting are more worthy of discussion.

I have attended 5 meetings in the last 2 weeks in and around the Sydney metro area(could F R tell us how many she has attended) and I can tell you that the sole topic of discussion is what is being used ( no longer if it is being used) and not by the old mate that trains a winner every pancake day but by trainers that are household names in the game.

Did any one notice the front page of the trotguide this week?
ITPP has been around for 4 years , Why is H.R.N.S.W. suddenly working on a test for it .
Even during the 18 months or so that the Green Light was going on no one thought that ITPP was being used because the horses were probably full of Bi-Carb which gave them a length or 2 advantage nothing out of the ordinary compared to what we are seeing at the moment.

So why the sudden urgency in finding a test for ITPP?
Do they think horses are suddenly improving?
Are they seeing horses now winning by big margins hard held.
Maybe they are seeing a trainer winning at never seen before %'s

A Forum is supposed to be a place you can discuss topics without fear or favour ,but it appears that if a member has a different view to a moderator ( WELL ONE IN PARTICULAR) they get banned.

To highlight this point I would remind fellow members of a post by a frequent poster that called a fellow member a pedophile and accused them of rape and beastiallity but did not get banned ,yet myself and others have been banned for merely expressing our suspicions of wrong doings.

I think it is about time some of the keyboard warriors took off their rose coloured glasses and got out from behind the computers ,get themselves to a meeting or 2 and find out what the general consensus is amongst the harness racing fraternity .

This will probably be my last post as I will no doubt get banned by F R for expressing my views .
If that is the case than I will no longer bother to subscribe to this forum as I believe to silence some one because they have a different view to you is a restriction of one's freedom to express their views.

CASSIE

Brilliant post.

admin
01-22-2012, 11:40 PM
I will let Flashing Red respond to this if she wants, but please post things like this in the correct forum. Moving this now.

Please note though, that comments like this: "[Edited]" could be considered libellous and this entire site can get shut down for one little remark.

Starship Captain
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Candykisses folllow the link:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

candykisses
01-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Thank you Admin

I have edited my post as to not mention any names .

I would have preferred to have this post on the main forum as I have been a regular contributor on same.

Cassie

candykisses
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Candykisses folllow the link:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

Hi Jason
Too much info for me to read can you be more specific in the relevance .

Cassie

Maorisidol
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Cassie, you once got this advice from William...

Hi Cassie
I've enjoyed reading your posts and it's good to have you on this forum. I hope that you don't get involved in any personal stuff or flaming because from what I have seen that usually ends in people disappearing from the discussion, which would be a shame in your case. This is an emotive issue in some respects but lets all stick to the issue and try to leave the personal stuff to one side.

Good advice I feel.
Now we have disagreed with each other re the LM scenario and we r both welcome to our opinions, I have nothing against u.
Hopefully u won't come back to me with "whatever, stick it up your..."

Just also think that one day u may work for another Trainer than u work for today, and on the good old internet, everything u write is there forever, every attitude, every word, every feeling, every "feel or vibe" that u write is a representation of who u r as a person...many people have lost jobs because of what they wrote on for example Facebook, or not got jobs in the future..

admin
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Thank you Admin

I have edited my post as to not mention any names .

I would have preferred to have this post on the main forum as I have been a regular contributor on same.

Cassie

Thanks Cassie.

The Australian Forum isn't really the "main forum" it just seems like that because most members are from Oz. Posting stuff in the correct section means it is easily available to others to view should somebody have a similar situation to you down the line. Also many people reading the Australian section just want to read what's happening in Aussie Racing, and might not be interested in your issue. So the rules are there to help make it easier for people to read what they are interested in.

Hi Jason
Too much info for me to read can you be more specific in the relevance .

Cassie

I would note that in New Zealand (where we are based) we have no laws like this (at least last time I checked) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act

Although even if we did you could still get taken to court. From a legal perspective, writing in a public forum is in no way analogous with chatting to people at the track.

candykisses
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Cassie, you once got this advice from William...

Hi Cassie
I've enjoyed reading your posts and it's good to have you on this forum. I hope that you don't get involved in any personal stuff or flaming because from what I have seen that usually ends in people disappearing from the discussion, which would be a shame in your case. This is an emotive issue in some respects but lets all stick to the issue and try to leave the personal stuff to one side.

Good advice I feel.
Now we have disagreed with each other re the LM scenario and we r both welcome to our opinions, I have nothing against u.
Hopefully u won't come back to me with "whatever, stick it up your..."

Just also think that one day u may work for another Trainer than u work for today, and on the good old internet, everything u write is there forever, every attitude, every word, every feeling, every "feel or vibe" that u write is a representation of who u r as a person...many people have lost jobs because of what they wrote on for example Facebook, or not got jobs in the future..

Ash

How could you ever think I would be so rude as to tell you to "stick it up your..."

I hear what you are saying re what you say cumming back to bite you someday , but I was brought up to speak your mind and stick to what you believe .
If people don't like what I say that is fine with me , I just hope they don't get offended when I stick up for my rite to have an opinion.

Cassie

Just Saying
01-23-2012, 02:08 AM
From a legal perspective, writing in a public forum is in no way analogous with chatting to people at the track.
This is exactly what some people don't understand. In public you need to discuss issues of corruption in a generalized fashion. Not name names.

aussiebreno
01-23-2012, 09:31 AM

A) If thats all you have to talk about at the 5 meetings you attended in the last two weeks I feel sorry for you.
B) Context.
C) You've picked on the wrong person in Flashing Red if you think she isn't well travelled and versed.

strong persuader
01-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Felt this article was appropriate and probably captures the emotion of how many in the industry are feeling right now.
http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/restricted/pdf/hru/hru012212.pdf

candykisses
01-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Felt this article was appropriate and probably captures the emotion of how many in the industry are feeling right now.
http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/restricted/pdf/hru/hru012212.pdf

What an incredible article thank you Phil.

I think this is exactly what many members have been trying to get across ,that people with knowledge can sense when something is not quite right.

Cassie

Starship Captain
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
You are lucky to have knowledge Cassie, you should appy to become a moderator or the moderator's moderator.

Maorisidol
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
What an incredible article thank you Phil.

I think this is exactly what many members have been trying to get across ,that people with knowledge can sense when something is not quite right.

Cassie

And many others with knowledge think things are above board.
Mangos reply to you re Lettucereason fairly mathematically explains the horses ability running against the likes of Sushi Sushi and Excel Stride, u didnt reply to his comment...

Re the American based article above, i do believe one Lou Pena who has been discussed on Harnesslink many times for his massive turnarounds, is the main source of stats for that article.
You have stated that LM's horses have had a 50-100 meter improvement in a matter of weeks, i did ask you previously that as you KNOW this for fact, what are those horses names so we can search those horses online at harness.org.au?
This is the whole point Cassie, names dates times =facts as opposed to "on track rumours inuendo assumptions accusations" that DONT have evidence.
Please show EVIDENCE by supplying more than 2 names of horses who have had statistical turnarounds beyond "normal".
Convince me with a name or 2 so i can do my own research.
In all the LM threads on here no person has yet to show a race or a horse where it has done a "Lou Pena" type of radical turnaround such as the horse who beat Auckland Reactor in America who was a claimer and then came out and did a 1:47?
Give me a track
Give me what race
Give me a name
Show us all and lets put this thing to bed...

candykisses
01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
A) If thats all you have to talk about at the 5 meetings you attended in the last two weeks I feel sorry for you.
B) Context.
C) You've picked on the wrong person in Flashing Red if you think she isn't well travelled and versed.

Funny thing that ,owners and trainers that feel they are being screwed over talking about who and what is doing the screwing.

Your right of course Brendan ,they should be talking about aussiebrendans tips for Wagga trots or better still aussiebrenno 's market for the Western Australia Pacing Cup,( $5.50 I'm Themightyquinn wasn't it) ,stick with the bean counting Brendan you'd go broke as a bookie.

As for your reference to me picking on Flashing Red I simply asked her to point out were I have accused anyone ,and inquired as to how many NSW meetings she has attended lately

I'm sure as a fellow strapper she would be only too pleased to help me out.
I did note that she put the month before the day when pointing out the period of my ban ,so I'm guessing that is her way of telling us all that she has spent time in the States as I don't think they teach kids to do it that way in Fairfield .

Cassie

aussiebreno
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Funny thing that ,owners and trainers that feel they are being screwed over talking about who and what is doing the screwing.
You said 'sole' thing being talked about. Either you're telling porkies or in real life you also enjoy relentlessly rehashing the same yarn on poor innocent bystanders.

Your right of course Brendan ,they should be talking about aussiebrendans tips for Wagga trots or better still aussiebrenno 's market for the Western Australia Pacing Cup,( $5.50 I'm Themightyquinn wasn't it) ,stick with the bean counting Brendan you'd go broke as a bookie.
Not particularly riveting topics I must say but neither is hearing a new spin with the basic point 'Luke McCarthy is a drugs cheat' every time I log in. Early 'market' posted just hours after field released and ITMQ is my favourite horse atm, so that didn't hurt one bit! But if you'd like to dig deeper...$5.50 = 18% of market. Started $4 = 25% market. Mr Feelgood $2 = 50% market started $1.60 = 62.5% market. The 12.5% market advantage with Mr Feelgood would have more than made up for the 7% loss with ITMQ. (not too mention I only set my market 85-100% whereas if it was 120% it would have been pretty spot on in regards to the favourite and the winners starting prices) I note you had nothing to say about this before the race either...

As for your reference to me picking on Flashing Red I simply asked her to point out were I have accused anyone do you really need that pointed out to you,and inquired as to how many NSW meetings she has attended lately

I'm sure as a fellow strapper she would be only too pleased to help me out.
I did note that she put the month before the day when pointing out the period of my ban ,so I'm guessing that is her way of telling us all that she has spent time in the States as I don't think they teach kids to do it that way in Fairfield .

Cassie
:)

candykisses
01-23-2012, 05:20 PM
And many others with knowledge think things are above board.
Mangos reply to you re Lettucereason fairly mathematically explains the horses ability running against the likes of Sushi Sushi and Excel Stride, u didnt reply to his comment...

Re the American based article above, i do believe one Lou Pena who has been discussed on Harnesslink many times for his massive turnarounds, is the main source of stats for that article.
You have stated that LM's horses have had a 50-100 meter improvement in a matter of weeks, i did ask you previously that as you KNOW this for fact, what are those horses names so we can search those horses online at harness.org.au?
This is the whole point Cassie, names dates times =facts as opposed to "on track rumours inuendo assumptions accusations" that DONT have evidence.
Please show EVIDENCE by supplying more than 2 names of horses who have had statistical turnarounds beyond "normal".
Convince me with a name or 2 so i can do my own research.
In all the LM threads on here no person has yet to show a race or a horse where it has done a "Lou Pena" type of radical turnaround such as the horse who beat Auckland Reactor in America who was a claimer and then came out and did a 1:47?
Give me a track
Give me what race
Give me a name
Show us all and lets put this thing to bed...

Ash Ash Ash I can't believe you want to go there.
One would have thought you would be punch drunk by now from all the punishment you have taken with your watered down stats and your constant efforts in trying to convince yourself that something that is so obvious to so many is not really happening after all.
Just off the top of my head check out the form leading up to a stable transfer ( not their old form or their good form against such and such, just their form leading up to the change of stable) can you do that for me Ash.

I'll just give you 4 to start with as I don't want to upset you too much, Mandy Rambo, Artifactor, Roman Stride, and last but certainly not least Lilac stride.

When you have had a look at those 4 if you want more I'm sure I wont have to dig too deep.

CASSIE

P.S re not replying to a post it is a little difficult when you have been gagged.

candykisses
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=aussiebreno;16030]:)[/QUOTE

I do apologise to you Brendan .

When I used the term SOLE I should have remembered that there would be people like your self who like to make them selves look clever ( only it has the opposite effect) and would target a obvious figure of speech to try and deflect away from the truth , That being that it is certainly the MAIN (is that better Brendan) topic of conversation going on around the tracks.

I'm sure if you continued to bet 1 1/2 points over on as good a thing as quinny was you will go broke.

As for !!!!!!!!!! do you really need that pointed out to you ??

Well seem I was banned for it I don't think it is an unreasonable request.

P.S I have not mentioned any trainers name in my post ,but everyone else seems happy to do so

candykisses
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
You are lucky to have knowledge Cassie, you should appy to become a moderator or the moderator's moderator.

Nah not a good Idea as I still talk to a couple of the Boy's who are in trouble ( one has been charged and another is under investigation ), so I don't think that would be fair ,probably a conflict of interest or something. certainly not befitting of a Moderator

Gtrain
01-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Ash Ash Ash I can't believe you want to go there.
One would have thought you would be punch drunk by now from all the punishment you have taken with your watered down stats and your constant efforts in trying to convince yourself that something that is so obvious to so many is not really happening after all.
Just off the top of my head check out the form leading up to a stable transfer ( not their old form or their good form against such and such, just their form leading up to the change of stable) can you do that for me Ash.

I'll just give you 4 to start with as I don't want to upset you too much, Mandy Rambo, Artifactor, Roman Stride, and last but certainly not least Lilac stride.

When you have had a look at those 4 if you want more I'm sure I wont have to dig too deep.

CASSIE

P.S re not replying to a post it is a little difficult when you have been gagged.

ARTIFACTOR?????? It won 1 of its first 8 starts with LM and in that race it failed to break 2minutes around Menangle in that win. Then after leaving his stable proceeded to win its next 3. Cmon Cassie you can do better than that surely. Instead of wasting your time here with the same relentless drawl send your horses to him and book your flights to Perth to cheer them on. If everyone sends their horses there he may end up putting you on as a stablehand.

aussiebreno
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=aussiebreno;16030]:)[/QUOTE

I do apologise to you Brendan .

When I used the term SOLE I should have remembered that there would be people like your self who like to make them selves look clever ( only it has the opposite effect) and would target a obvious figure of speech to try and deflect away from the truth , That being that it is certainly the MAIN (is that better Brendan) topic of conversation going on around the tracks.

I'm sure if you continued to bet 1 1/2 points over on as good a thing as quinny was you will go broke.

As for !!!!!!!!!! do you really need that pointed out to you ??

Well seem I was banned for it I don't think it is an unreasonable request.

P.S I have not mentioned any trainers name in my post ,but everyone else seems happy to do so
Lol if you were trolling but sadly you are serious. Who trains Lettucerocku, Artifactor, Lilac Stride etc who you have mentioned.
If the WA Cup market was serious (eg 120%) ITMQ would have been close to $4 and Feelgood close to $1.60. Can't argue with that.
Now I'm not saying I've never accused or thought person A is using something...but this kind of rubbish on the forum of late I will take no part in. As disgusting as proven drug cheats are and the pain they cause the industry I truly do feel sorry for you that your life revolves around spamming a forum with nonsense about someone you suspect is a drug cheat.

mango
01-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi Cassie

In a previous thread you mentioned horses and how much they have improved and you have done it again today so you didn't need to mention the trainers name. And you say you hear people talking about so and so using well to be honest with you i would be looking at the company you are keeping. The so called person who you have been implying each time (which by the way is getting boring) must be using has not recieved a positive but the people you associate with are under investigation from HRNSW. Owner's and Trainers getting screwed over well yes Cassie they are by the people you talk with and as for Flashing Red i put money on it she hasn't been to a meeting in n.s.w in the last month.

candykisses
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
ARTIFACTOR?????? It won 1 of its first 8 starts with LM and in that race it failed to break 2minutes around Menangle in that win. Then after leaving his stable proceeded to win its next 3. Cmon Cassie you can do better than that surely. Instead of wasting your time here with the same relentless drawl send your horses to him and book your flights to Perth to cheer them on. If everyone sends their horses there he may end up putting you on as a stablehand.

HA good point Grant , but you didn't bother mentioning that he had not won in his last 17 strs for a bloke you might have heard of Brian Hancock and wins first start for new stable .and I notice you didn't mention the surname of the new trainer either.

mightymo
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I will certainly give you Mandy Rambo. She has certainly improved significantly with Luke.

However, the other 3 are very poor examples.

Artifactor - Brian Hancock publicly made mention of how he thought this was a very good horse. With Brian, the horse had a best winning time at menangle of 1.57.6 over 2300M. With Luke, the horse improved "dramatically" to have a best winning time at Menangle of 1.57.5 over 2300m.

Roman Stride was a horse that Neil Day also thought a lot of. Under his guidance, the horse had a best winning mile rate of 1.54.2 over the 1609M. With Luke, the Horse improved "dramatically" to have a best winning mile rate of 1.54 over the 1609m

Lilac Stride was a very good juvenile horse. At 2 she was winning the Linden Huntley , finishing 4th in the Bathurst Tiara, 2nd in the Seymour final, 3rd in the NSW fillies final(all races won by Lady Euthenia). At 3, she was 3rd in the Bracelet, 3rd in the NSW Sires stakes, 3rd in the Breeders Challenge final. In a nutshell, she was and is a very good horse.

Prior to joining Luke her best time over a mile at Menangle was 1.55.2. With Luke, her best winning time at Menangle over a mile is 1.54.4.

Just some FACTS for thought...

mango
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Cassie

Not to be rude or anything but i think we have discussed this in previous threads which then got out of controll and the thread had to be closed down and fellow forum members recieved infraction's and even banned for posting for a certain amount of time. By all means i'm not telling you to agree with everyone but it would be good to discuss the great thing's about Harness Racing for instance there are numerous sale's comming up and there's a discussion about this and a few of us have put down what we like in the sale's why don't you put down your 5 picks and see how you go.

CHEERS

MANGO

candykisses
01-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi Cassie

Not to be rude or anything but i think we have discussed this in previous threads which then got out of controll and the thread had to be closed down and fellow forum members recieved infraction's and even banned for posting for a certain amount of time. By all means i'm not telling you to agree with everyone but it would be good to discuss the great thing's about Harness Racing for instance there are numerous sale's comming up and there's a discussion about this and a few of us have put down what we like in the sale's why don't you put down your 5 picks and see how you go.

CHEERS

MANGO

Hi Mango couldn't agree more

I know I'm giddy from going around in circles , I suppose every one else is too, so i'm only too happy to move on .

You won't hear from me on this subject again I promise.

I'll get my sales catalogue out and get back to you with my top picks .

Cheers Cassie

Starship Captain
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
TripleV123 has been Banned and I reckon he is now Cassie the stablehand,
Look's like Mightymo just handed him his arse with those fact's:)

candykisses
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
TripleV123 has been Banned and I reckon he is now Cassie the stablehand,
Look's like Mightymo just handed him his arse with those fact's:)

This is the shortest promise broken in history ,but I just can't let this one go

Jason seeing that you are so keen on Facts here are a few for you,

Artifactor had not won in his last 17 starts for a bloke you might have heard of Brian Hancock ,It wins first up for New Stable IN a matter of weeks .

Roman Stride had not won in last 9 starts for a bloke called Neil Day you might have heard of him . a short time after joining his new stable he wins 7 of his next 9.

Lilac Stride No wins last 8 starts ,last start 10th beaten 18 mtrs 1.57 for David McGill, less than 3 weeks later wins first up for new stable in career best 1.54 and goes on to win next 6 straight'

If you guy's are going to hang your hat on these cases then I think you are kidding yourselves.

You really can only go on what the horse's form is prior to the stable change, not what it did when it was 2 or 3 or last year for that matter.

P.S definitely last word on this subject. ( I think lol)

Starship Captain
01-23-2012, 10:42 PM
What is really the problem Cassie?(TripleV123)

It's ok to tell us what is really bothering you, we all would like to help.

candykisses
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM

HA HA love it

when ever your losing try a different tact Beautiful

mango
01-23-2012, 11:00 PM

Hi Jason

I can assure you it's not TripleV123

eliteblood
01-23-2012, 11:07 PM
What happened to DribbleV ?

mango
01-23-2012, 11:10 PM
What happened to DribbleV ?

Just taking time out to recharge, Mrs Triple will be happy as he will now have time to do thing's around the house.

mightymo
01-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Cassie

Horses dont lose their ability(at least not until age catches up with them). They may not be performing at their best for one reason or another. Its up to a trainer to get the most out of them. Very often a new stable environment does that.

Luke hasnt really improved any of those horses we discussed. What he has done is get them to produce at the best, much like they did for their trainers before them. Look at Andre Agassi. he was world No 1 and then suddenly he was playing challenger events. He changes coaches and a few other things and then he works himself back to no 1.(pls dont tell me about his meth incident he refers to in his book).

The other very big difference is Luke's driving. The vast majority of his horses race in the lead or near the lead. Prior to going to Luke you will find these horses were being driven back in the field where they rely on luck and the tempo of the race to be frantic.

aussiebreno
01-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Jason,

If asked to describe two people at the opposite side of the spectrum I'd say Cassie and VVV. I see no resemblance. Interested in why you've connected them?

candykisses
01-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Jason,

If asked to describe two people at the opposite side of the spectrum I'd say Cassie and VVV. I see no resemblance. Interested in why you've connected them?

Heh Brendan i'll have a go at that one

Both arrogant , self opinionated , sarcastic, stubborn, have a reasonable knowledge of harness racing, hate admitting when wrong, shit I'm starting to believe I am Triple .

Cassie

admin
01-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Since Flashing Red hasn't replied - and this topic has turned into what you seem to have been hoping for - I'm going to close it.

Further attacks on people like Luke McCarthy without proof will get you banned, and probably would have had mightymo not defended him so well.

Flashing Red
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
“Cassie”, I am sorry I have not responded immediately, as I have previously stated I no longer have daily access to the internet.

As to why you were banned, it was cumulatively for several reasons listed below.

You have raised doubts as to the legitimacy of the success achieved by a particular trainer.

You then list a number of other very successful trainers who now, as you say “can’t compete” against a particular trainer and that those who are not suspicious of the performance of said trainer are in “the minority”. This is a negative connotation. You then use the result of a particular race and make a generalised statement that respected horseman and trainers that attended that meeting had “raised eyebrows” and were “shaking their head” at the result. Another negative connotation. You then tried to back yourself up with a silly story about a punter, who backed the winner, being also similarly disgusted with said horse’s performance.
You question what you determine to be “quick” results for some and that something must be up if those that were at the top of the tree for so long no longer are. What conclusions do you think people will draw about this trainer by making these statements? More negativity.

You have insulted another forum poster who rationally and diplomatically disagreed with you. You then go on to say a particular trainer’s success is hard to explain. That you believe that “spectacularly improved performance” is normally “drug related”.

Anyone who disagrees with you on your views on the success of trainers are mocked with the must have been the “out train out drive mantra”.

It is for all these reasons, accumulatively, you were banned by myself, for (a mere, I might add) 7 days to have a think about what you have written and why it has been inappropriate.

To take the cake – and by your very own admission, you have no “proof of any wrong doing”. This means you do not have a leg to stand on. You may have thought you could get around a legal loophole by either not mentioning a trainer’s name, but the scope of defamation also covers inferences and don’t be fooled, everyone on here knows what you are saying and who you are saying it about. You have no leg to stand on, as by your own admission you have no proof of wrong doing. If you have no leg to stand on, don’t say it! It’s not that hard! You have to understand, this is a forum attached to a very large and popular website run by a very well known harness racing identity who is currently receiving almost daily calls on the crap that is written on this forum.

You are lucky you can’t defame animals or the dead, and as an example (and nothing more) of one of your typical posts, but you also implied that the vet that treated Phar Lap regularly prescribed a tonic (inferred to be arsenic) and that enlarged hearts and hoof problems were a side effect of arsenic administration – and that Phar Lap showed both. Other than your first post on this forum about breeding, everything you said before your ban was negative towards a successful trainer, insulting or rebutting those who disagreed with you about said trainers and commenting on the use/alleged use of performance enhancing substances on two successful racehorses. There is so much more to harness racing than what you have currently bought to the table.

Like I have said before, nothing is personal, but if you have no proof, don’t say it. It doesn’t matter what every Tom Dick and Harry says at the races. You have a right to an opinion but you are erroneous in your belief that you have a right to say whatever you want, be it in the real world or on this forum. That is the rules here, you can either accept them or not post. And as to questioning why another poster was not banned due to the content of one of their posts, like I have said before I do not have access to the internet on a daily basis anymore and I am not aware of the incident you speak about, which I assume to mean that it has been dealt with.