PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the T

Starship Captain
01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Dear Mrs TripleV,
Could you please let your husband back on here, he surely has not been that bad that you have banned him from using the computer again! you can get a child safe filter so he can not look at any funny:) pictures on the web.

Thank you in advance

ps Did he burn himself on the candle wax?

Flashing Red
01-25-2012, 01:21 AM
On the contrary, TripleV voluntarily left and requested his account to be inactivated as he no longer enjoyed contributing to this forum. Perhaps with the upcoming Facebook login people will be more accountable with what they say and he may make a return.

broncobrad
01-25-2012, 02:11 AM
I for one certainly miss the TVVV. Only found this site when the current on-going investigations came to light and have been captivated with the general thrust and paree(?) of the contributors ever since. Addicted actually. And now the biggest villain/agitator/stirrer has done a John McEnroe and has taken his racquet and balls with him. It is obvious you only have the best interests of harness racing at heart and the forum is only a shadow of itself without your wit.

C'mon Mrs VVV can Master VVV come outside and play pleeeaase...

mango
01-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Hi Brad
I have been informed that Triple will be back on the forum as soon as the Facebook connection is implemented, TripleV is one of the many who uses his real name and is very happy to do so. He enjoy's the Harness Forum and as you know he is a regular but there are a few on here who use alias's which he or know one else agree's with so he decided to take time out untill everything is above board and people have to connect through facebook which TripleV has put his hand up and said he would be very willing to be the first, his opinion is that it will clean the Harness Forum up which i fully agree with. By the way Brad i wouldn't ask Mrs Triple if he is allowed back on this site, you wouldn't be aware of this but Triple did take a sale book on his honeymoon so he will be forever and a day making up for that LMAO.

Don Corleone
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah the facebook thing is a great idea and will clean up the Forum. I can't wait for triple to return and entertain me. While triple took his sale book on his honeymoon a friend of mine (who sadly is not on this forum) took his new bride to the NZ Cup and then over to the Miracle Mile a few years ago. He's single now........

Gtrain
01-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah the facebook thing is a great idea and will clean up the Forum. I can't wait for triple to return and entertain me. While triple took his sale book on his honeymoon a friend of mine (who sadly is not on this forum) took his new bride to the NZ Cup and then over to the Miracle Mile a few years ago. He's single now........

My father in law always tells me the story that he took my mother in law to the inter dominion for their honeymoon. 42 years on their still hanging in there. He only drags her to Kembla and Randwick now.

broncobrad
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update Mango. Those last few storys had me in stitches. Back in the 80's old mate says to me, come on over to Forbes with us, we've got a cert in the back of the truck. "No, can't, it's the girlfriends 21st today." Come on, he says, "you'll be back in time." I weakened and went with them. Of course the horse gets rolled and I get home by 10pm after a couple consoling sherbets with the boys. Pulled the wrong rein there too. I deserved every bit of abuse I got. Oh well you live and learn.

teecee
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I have to say that many of VVV's views I agree with and naturally there will be some I disagree with.
I chose not to view any of his submitted Youtube extracts but feel I understood his point of view.
I have to say as I write this I am receiving e.mails ...yes more than 1.... from a member who seems to be going through all his past posts upto Nov 2011..and complaining about anything vvv may have said..often in jest if you understood him.
His self imposed timeout is a sign of the members strength of person..an attribute which I'm sure will see him back if that if where he wants to be.
If he's back b4 the sales I'll be happy for his insight.

TC

mango
01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I have to say that many of VVV's views I agree with and naturally there will be some I disagree with.
I chose not to view any of his submitted Youtube extracts but feel I understood his point of view.
I have to say as I write this I am receiving e.mails ...yes more than 1.... from a member who seems to be going through all his past posts upto Nov 2011..and complaining about anything vvv may have said..often in jest if you understood him.
His self imposed timeout is a sign of the members strength of person..an attribute which I'm sure will see him back if that if where he wants to be.
If he's back b4 the sales I'll be happy for his insight.

TC

Hi Tony

The member you have been recieving e-mails from is now banned so don't take any notice.

Danno
01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
On the contrary, TripleV voluntarily left and requested his account to be inactivated as he no longer enjoyed contributing to this forum. Perhaps with the upcoming Facebook login people will be more accountable with what they say and he may make a return.

Gee whizz Tahn, that would be great ifeveryone is more accountable for what they say and who they offend.
I see Jules has posted some rules too! it would be nice if everyone plays to the same rules also!!

cheers,
Dan

aussiebreno
01-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Michael Day Jnr doing a similar thing
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=17558

Flashing Red
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Gee whizz Tahn, that would be great ifeveryone is more accountable for what they say and who they offend.
I see Jules has posted some rules too! it would be nice if everyone plays to the same rules also!!

cheers,
Dan

When Facebook comes into place, I feel that the need for moderators would be almost obsolete, if the comments on Harnesslink's stories are anything to go by (now very tame indeed). Over the past several months I have deleted posts I have 100% agreed with and left posts that I quite disliked but otherwise weren't defamous (if that is a word, lol) in anyway. I have kept my cards close to my chest on many, many issues and I think people would be surprised to knew what I really think on some topics. I quite enjoyed this forum some 6-12 months ago, there were discussions on horses, deconstructions of big races, talks on lameness and ailements in general, there were many quality posters, some of which are bigger players in the industry. I quite enjoyed logging on everyday. Gradually, as the forum grew, so did the shit, then a select few posters have created multiple aliases and since the scandal in NSW, well it has become almost torch and pitchfork style and I no longer enjoy this forum with the direction it has taken. I am not the only one, with many of the forums top contributors leaving or hardly posting at all. You just have to look who was posting 12 months ago to who is posting now to see what I mean and compare the quality of the posts from the two periods. I have felt compelled to stay around in a moderative role only (and really only) as I am very appreciative of winning Harnesslinks forum comp some 12 months ago and to Mr Curtin. I think once Facebook has been implemented this forum will just about moderate itself which is when I will say my adieu :)

aussiebreno
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
When Facebook comes into place, I feel that the need for moderators would be almost obsolete, if the comments on Harnesslink's stories are anything to go by (now very tame indeed). Over the past several months I have deleted posts I have 100% agreed with and left posts that I quite disliked but otherwise weren't defamous (if that is a word, lol) in anyway. I have kept my cards close to my chest on many, many issues and I think people would be surprised to knew what I really think on some topics. I quite enjoyed this forum some 6-12 months ago, there were discussions on horses, deconstructions of big races, talks on lameness and ailements in general, there were many quality posters, some of which are bigger players in the industry. I quite enjoyed logging on everyday. Gradually, as the forum grew, so did the shit, then a select few posters have created multiple aliases and since the scandal in NSW, well it has become almost torch and pitchfork style and I no longer enjoy this forum with the direction it has taken. I am not the only one, with many of the forums top contributors leaving or hardly posting at all. You just have to look who was posting 12 months ago to who is posting now to see what I mean and compare the quality of the posts from the two periods. I have felt compelled to stay around in a moderative role only (and really only) as I am very appreciative of winning Harnesslinks forum comp some 12 months ago and to Mr Curtin. I think once Facebook has been implemented this forum will just about moderate itself which is when I will say my adieu :)
At the same time though, with facebook implementation and - hopefully - the forum no longer needing as much moderating, the discussion may also become better and back to what it was earlier when you enjoyed it, perhaps you would like to stay if that is the case?

Starship Captain
01-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Keep the faith Flash it will clear up, the forum would be much richer with your input as it was before,
also I have been called a Card, so if you need any more:)

aussiebreno
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Keep the faith Flash it will clear up, the forum would be much richer with your input as it was before,

Here here that's why I want her to stay !