PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Legend

Jimmy
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Can Lonestar Legend mix it with the big guns this season ? On Saturday night he sat one one on the back of Blacks A Fake, and when Blake pulled him to the outside he could not stay with him and Mr Feelgood. Can he take the next step ?

bbd
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I dont think he'll measure up. When he gets his own way, maybe leading in a slow time, he can run on pretty well and be hard to beat. But put him in race where the leaders are going sub 30 seconds every quarter and he cant compete. Saturday night was a good example.

Jimmy
10-20-2010, 03:11 PM
bbd, what you are saying is correct, but LL must of shown his trainer something to head up to Qld to take on the likes of Mr Feelgood and Blacks A Fake, i was hoping to see somethink special from this horse, might have to wait a bit longer!

craig
10-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I think it maybe a bit early to start saying this horse is not good enough guys. Give him time to adjust to our style of racing also coming up against the best in the land any horse will struggle to match it. I think you will start to see a better horse in a few months time.

Jimmy
10-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I liked his run last night in the Qld pacing championship, made ground out wide when they was flying up front.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I think we will see the real Lonestar Legend tonight, his run in the NC mile was super, he was coming back and hitting the wheels which made him over race. I think we will see the Harmer bike on him tonight, and he will be looking for an other invite for the stable.

nat
11-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't think anyone doubt's his ability he just needs to be able to finish his races off he's just lacking that kick at the end at the moment.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Yah nat i was looking for that kick in the NC mile, i had a big go at him at 11s he just not finishing as good as he starts, i back up again tonight tho!

nat
11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Clive Palmer has to be commended for his operation sooner or later he will strike it right and get a top liner like Mr Feelgood and we will all benefit down the track

mango
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi Nat
Clive Palmer is great for the sport but to be honest some of the horses he is bringing out aren't worth the airfare. Also he has imported a great deal of u.s mares but he is only sending them to his stallions i'm not sure who is advising him or he is doing his own homework but for his operation to be a success he should be looking outside the square. In know way am i being disrespectfull to Mr Palmer as i think he is what harness racing needs but to be honest with the money he has poured into buying horses he should have got better returns.

nat
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
That's what I ment by sooner or later with his wealth and some good advice he will get what he desires even to the point when he went for outside trainers was a good thing I agree with everything your saying although his stallions aren't that bad they were just that little bit below the best going around at the time.

mango
11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi Nat
Yes i agree that Mr Palmer's stallions aren't that bad but if you look at most of the Gr1 2 and 3yr old's over the last few years they have been won by horses by the better stallions and i'd say thats where Mr Palmer would like to be racing. And the money he spends on some of the horses from the states i don't understand why he doesn't go buy a few young ones at the Ready to Run sale or buy going horses out of n.z.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Yah he is not affraid to send the cash that's for sure, i think Lonestar Legend will start to show us all something very shortly, fingers crossed.

mango
11-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Jimmy
I hope your right but i have my doubts as this time last year they were saying you'll see the best of this horse in 12months time well that is now. I'd like to see him driven different tonight i'd like to see him ping out and then hand up, the speed will be on so hopefully he can get out over the last 400m this is the only way i see him a winning chance.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi mango,
i hear what you are saying, i have been waiting all year as well, just hope tonight will be his night, if Blake decide to hand up, which horse would you like to see him hand up to ? His run up in Qld was good when he sat back last and had one shot at the leaders, the only problem then was they flew home, but he did make ground.

mango
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Jimmy
Looking at the race its hard to say who will push foward but if i had money on someone going foward it would be Our Malabar, Lance will have a take no prisioner approach which is great for racing so if he goes foward and Lonstar Legend is no further than 2 back the pegs he is in with a real shot. Looking in the trotguide they have got Magic Operative at 20-1 (way overs) he is actually the horse i think can win the Cordina Sprint.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Mango,
yah lance will push forward, you can put your money on that ! Be Good Johnny would be the only one i would hand up to, we all know he can run a quick mile and he would take you nearly all the way, all depends if John is looking for the top end. Magic Operative is massive overs at that price! He is in this race with a massive show. Came late last week, Day will have him at his top tonight, I would bet Greg Bennett hopes that Blake holds the lead, he would not what to be 3 pegs with the old horse, but in saying that the first 3 past the post in the Newcastle mile all came from the peg line.

nat
11-20-2010, 07:16 PM
I hate to say it but I would like to see some of his horses in other hands, the trainers he has are good but they need to go to the next level even if that is another state sometimes you cannot leave all your eggs in one basket.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Would it be fair to say then nat, that you would like to see Paul Fitzpatrick take on a few more of his horses ?

nat
11-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Not just Fitzpatrick's but all over the place and other states place the horse where it is best suited, its good to have a base trainer to get them up and going but when they have reached their mark move them on somtimes a change of environment can do wonders for a horse.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes nat you are right in what you are saying, put then where they look good, any idea how much money he has spent on his imports ?

nat
11-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Loads horses racing and breeding and complexes racing and breeding (millions)

nat
11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I dont know about anyone but you could make a case for Lonestar for the MM as the X Factor he sets the pace, Magic Operative disapointing

mango
11-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Magic Operative more than disapointing he was gone at the 400m didn't look like the horse that raced at Newcastle last wk and i still think Lonestar Legend would of been better suited to taking a sit.

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
A new record tonight nat 1.50.6, what a difference a week makes in harness racing, Washakie was not on his game last week in the Newcastle mile and tonight he has just paced 1.50.6 from out side the front line, an Amazing effort, Lonestar Lengend set it up for a fast pace with an opening 1/4 in 25.6, had to get ran down in the lane, mango might be on the right track with this horse if they start to hand up with him, but in saying all this it was a great race to watch, and Lady lexus ran the race of her life, Will they break 1.50 in the MM ????

mango
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Jimmy
It was a great race and it makes all for a big one next week, i think after the first 1/4 Lonestar Legend should of handed up it was his only hope of winning the race and i think Lance deserves a pat on the back as he makes racing interesting he goes out there to win and to leave nothing on the track i just hope he goes hard next week with Smoken Up and if he does breaking the 1:50 is a sure thing.

nat
12-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Where is he I thought he might be in the Treuer small track and explosive speed right up his alley

mango
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Not sure Nat, do you reckon the reason he's not there is that it's alot smaller track than he's used to racing on.

nat
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Wouldnt think so wasnt he placed in the jug?

mango
12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah Nat your correct my mistake