PDA

View Full Version : Premium Gold Sale

justdoit
01-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Pick one you would like to purchase.
http://www.apgold.com.au/apgold/index.cfm/yearling-sales/2011-sales/premium-gold/sires-index/

I will post my like soon.

peacheymagic
01-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Lot 3 Grinfromeeartoear x Intoxicating colt

justdoit
01-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Anyone selling a yearling at this sale feel free to give it a plug, looking forward to the pictures. The videos are always
good for a laugh.

justdoit
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Peacheymagic good choice, should be an oustanding type.

Don Corleone
01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
There is a few there I would love but to limit to one selection then Lot 33 - Courage Under Fire x Jamel Franco

nat
01-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Good choice Don thats the one I keep comming back to and I like that ITP over Falcon Seelster

Brando
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Lot 17 - Bay Filly

Mach Three x Child From The Sea

Don Corleone
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Good choice Don thats the one I keep comming back to and I like that ITP over Falcon Seelster

It's full brother is doing a grand job here in NZ.

peacheymagic
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Brando;1432]Lot 17 - Bay Filly

Mach Three x Child From The Sea[/QUOTE

I see Child From The Sea is a half to Somebeachsomewhere, should make this filly a very valuable broodmare.

Brando
01-09-2011, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Brando;1432]Lot 17 - Bay Filly

Mach Three x Child From The Sea[/QUOTE

I see Child From The Sea is a half to Somebeachsomewhere, should make this filly a very valuable broodmare.

for sure mate... if it looks as good as it's pedigree, then for mine will be the buy of the sale :)

mango
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Lot 82

Jereme's Jet - Soky's Number

Great family even though the mare is getting on i would still take the punt if i had the coin.

nat
01-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Also for mention just some Lot's I noted when having a quick look through. Things I also like to see and it dose not have to be in the same hores, Good history on the dam side, Good crossed like Lot 33 and Interesting crosses like good old blood over cutting edge stallions

Lot 25 half brother to David Hercules
Lot 27 half sister to Robin Hood
Lot 31 half brother to Chariot King and Full Brother to Emjayem Grand
Lot 32 top producing dam an family
Lot 40 half brother to Kept For Pleasure and Full Brother to It's My Pleasure
Lot 42 top line producing Broodmare (Safe And Sound)
Lot 44 full brother in bood to I Am Sam
Lot 54 Producing Broodmare and family
Lot 55 Top producing Broodmare and even though a Blissfull Hall as mentioned in other forums I like his fillys
Lot 58 Top producing Broodmare
Lot 65 half sister to Villagem and Codie Karalta
Lot 82 possibly the best broodmare in Australia,
Lot 89 full brother to Rocknrolla

Neil
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Lot 76 for me - Art Major - Highview Cola

peacheymagic
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
So far about 15 different horses have been suggested, this really shows the depth of the sale considering only 90 lots.

Neil
01-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I've been part of a few virtual stables where for a defined amount of money can "purchase" from any of the sales and for say $15k per horse to end of 2yo season and a further $10 per horse to end of 3yo season can see who come out best.

The person in our comp who "bought" Changeover did best from memory.

Flashing Red
01-09-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.apgold.com.au/tasks/sites/apgold/assets/File/2011/pdfs/32.pdf

Lot 32.

Art Major X Promise. Colt.

Art Major is a full (and much better) full brother to Perfect Art. When Promise went to Perfect Art she produced Sir Galvinator, Australiasian 3yo of the year and emerging Grand Circuit horse before a paddock injury cut short his career. In theory this horse should therefore be a lot better than Sir Galvinator, which would make him one of the top colts in the country. Promise has also produced Bronski Gorgeous, and her first two foals have both won in 1:56 and won close to 100k each so it is a good family.

Jury is out on it being an embryo transfer however...

justdoit
01-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi Flashing Red, those old mares can keep their foals, as for the ET I have no problem with it. Embyro Transfer not Extra-Terrestrial as some with their head in sand/bucket/mud/bum etc etc may think.

Flashing Red
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I am trying to find out personally results for ET in regards to racing ability. I would like to know, considering ET is expensive and only done pretty much with the better mares, how many of these foals actually become Group 1 winners or Horse of The Years, 2/3 yo of the years, Grand Circuit winners. Sushi Sushi (Kevin Seymour G1 as 2yo) is the only one I can think at the top of my head at the moment that would fit the bill. Would love to do some statistics on it. I will definately be watching this colt with interest over the next few years - the cross has already worked, he should be better than Sir Gavinator.

justdoit
01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Somethingaboutmaori, Jadah Rose both have ET offspring that go good from memory, Invitro in NA and I will try to think of some others. Its not that expensive really if you have no other option, or a good mare.

Flashing Red
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
IMHO I would not class Jadah son as one of Victoria OR Australia's top colts, despite his mum being a champion. I do not follow trotters either sorry. :( I don't really know enough about it to comment, but I am sure if there was a real top liner that was ET it would have been made known.

justdoit
01-11-2011, 06:38 AM
The career winner of 35 races and $2,383,597- Invitro from Canada.
I will start a thread on this.

BenScadden
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Lot 82

Jereme's Jet - Soky's Number

Great family even though the mare is getting on i would still take the punt if i had the coin.

I don't mind the older mares ... as long as they continue to produce. If you have a look at Soky's number, she hasn't produced a horse of any significance since 1997 - 13 years ago. Having said that, this colt will probably end up being a champion, just to make me look like a total idiot! :)

triplev123
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Lot 6 - colt, Christian Cullen-Into The Fire. Saw this one back when he was a foal & I liked him straight away. Gut reaction selection.

mango
01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Just going through the premium sale lots and noticed they are spread out like browns cows which i find outright stupid, if it's a premium sale they should have all the horses in the same spot but instead they have the sunday horses mixed in. I've been told it's an OH&S issue which is a load of crap. This is one step backwards for the A.P.G sale company and to find out that no vendors from past years were consulted is a joke. What they should remember is that the vendors are the people who supply the product which they make money off. They also want people with sunday horses out showing there horses in the parading areas my question for them is if someone has one in the premium sale on that night do you expect him to wait for the person who's yearling isn't selling to 2 day's later.

triplev123
01-18-2011, 11:13 PM
G'day Mango,

To some degree I can understand where you are coming from with regard to Buyers getting around to inspect them however it is also most definately the case that many Vendors/Preparers with one or more horses in the Premium Sale may also have horses set to sell on the Sunday.
That being the case, as I understand it, the way the APG do things when it comes to the Sale stabling is that each Vendor/Preparer consignment gets stabled together in entirity and I assume this happens unless something else is originally specified/requested by the Vendor.
As for having on site and then showing yearlings that don't sell for another two days, the APG may think it a good idea but they're certainly not about to force anyone to do anything that they do not want to do. Vendors/Preparers can & will make up their own minds about doing that. Some might see it as an opportunity to showcase a yearling they felt should have made it into the Premium Sale but for whatever reason did not? Maybe that's where they're coming from? Anyway, for the most part that will occur only if a complete Vendor/Preparer consignment is there come Friday night and moreso only then if it is felt to be desirable or neccessary. If I had one in the Sunday section I would probably not be comfortable with having it there on the grounds from Friday morning/afternoon/night onwards unless the logistics of getting it there (others in the Friday night session, transport etc) dictated otherwise. Last year in Melbourne there were a number of empty stalls early on and right up until Sale Day morning in some cases.

justdoit
01-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi Mango,
You will have to wear your runners.

mango
01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Tripev123
Ive spoke to some other vendors and they agreed with me that if a horse is on the grounds and did not make the premium sale they should not be out showing it at all. I do understand that some vendors will have yearlings in the sunday sale and one of the vendors i spoke with has but they reckon having them spread out all over the place will take the buzz and hype out of the sale and they also agreed they should not be on show. The other thing is how come a person with one horse in the premium sale and none in the sunday sale is hidden way down the back in one of the bottom stable's facing the road its the furthest point from the sale ring. And another vendor e-mailed me last night to point out who got the D stable's i didn't take much notice untill it was brought to my attention and i'll leave her comment the A.P.G look after there own. And i do understand that most of them don't turn up to saturday at the earliest so why spread them out so much.

Hi Justdoit
Sorry mate my running days are over and being on crutchers ain't going to help the matter lol.

triplev123
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
G'day Mango,

In answer to your questions, I really don't know.
I would have assumed from care & observation aspects & given a number have yearlings in both sessions, Vendors/Preparers wouldn't want their consignments spread out...however maybe there's another school of thought down there? Personally I think it's a good idea to have all the Premium Yearlings stabled close/together...however in fairness to the APG that would have been something for the Vendors and the APG to meet and work out well before now. Everyone selling would have known or should have know that the usual stabling practices, which from what I can see this upcoming sale has again adhered to, would once again be in place.
You've also got me at a distinct disadvantage because while I know Sydney like the back of my hand, the relative locations of the various Barns down in Melbourne don't immediately spring to mind depite having gone there numerous times over the years. I take that Barn D is the most prominent/closest position to the Sale Ring?
In Sydney, basically the same Vendors are in the same places in the same Barns year after year and everyone seems happy enough with that. For example I could go out there and from the gate walk blindfolded to where Success, Brooklyn or Pepper Tree, Golden Gait, Matt Day, Darren Reay and Rainbow Farms will have their consignments . Maybe it's different in Melbourne? Do they move around each year? I can't say that I've noticed one way or the other.
In Sydney our yearlings sometimes arrive Friday night but more often early Saturday morning with the Sale itself always on Sunday. Depends on circumstances. Over the years I've noticed that some of the yearlings out there will cope with it all much better than others. Some just love the change of scenery & are sparky right throughout the process while others very quickly become bored with the walk in-walk out, shake it all about routine and you can see that they've already had enough by Saturday afternoon. If you had one that didn't like being boxed and fiddled about with then you'd be turning up as late on Saturday as you could I guess.
In terms of not having the Premiums spread out because some Sunday session horses don't turn up until late Saturday, it sounds good in theory but practicality wise it just doesn't work. Many, many times in the past some of the Premium session yearlings have still been there on site in the boxes come Sunday and because of the logistics of various transport arrangements they don't start to leave until that afternoon/evening at the earliest and sometimes Monday morning & beyond.

mango
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Triplev123
Yeah been to Sydney sale numerous times and you are spot on with where the prepare's are situated and it makes things a lot easier, stable D is the closest to the sale ring and as you would not leave home without your book it's in the front at the start of the premium sale the stable set up. Speaking to someone who has 20+ to go through the sale's this year they had no contact with anyone about this and there been selling for over 20 years. I think if there are any changes A.P.G should send a letter out with your nominating form so you will be able to form an opinion or make a suggestion before changes are made and then if the majority like the way it is thats the way it goes i sometime think they forget who pays there wage's (VENDORS). The other thing is i watch a lot of the racing chanel but have seen no promotions for any of the up and comming A.P.G sale's they'll probably say it's to costly but then again they didn't run the repacharge for the 2yr old colts and geldings last year so where's that $20,000 ?

buster
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
interesting post mango, did you notice that the apg for 3 yr old fillies is on this week? i now i didnt until today, there supposed to be premium races but no one that doesnt have a horse in the race would know it was coming up

if i was a vendor with a nice type i would have it out the box walking around anyway, you don't want buyers like peter tonkin to miss you lol

BenScadden
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
I've bought - and sold - plenty of yearlings over the years ... and I reckon the importance of some of these factors like stable location, lot number, etc aren't a major factor. If you have a good-quality yearling that's well prepared and nicely related, they will, in general, fetch their right price. Genuine impulse buys are much less frequent than, say, 15 years ago ... and they usually happen at the bottom end of the market, rather than the top.

Guys like Peter Tonkin, Andy Gath and co ... they'll do their best to inspect yearlings before sale day. If it's a horse they're interested in, they'll do what they have to to make sure they have a good look at it.

buster
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
back to the point,
my pick is the grin out of intoxicating
and the sydney sale - mach three out of moi attack 386

mightymo
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
G'day Mango,

In answer to your questions, I really don't know.
I would have assumed from care & observation aspects & given a number have yearlings in both sessions, Vendors/Preparers wouldn't want their consignments spread out...however maybe there's another school of thought down there? Personally I think it's a good idea to have all the Premium Yearlings stabled close/together...however in fairness to the APG that would have been something for the Vendors and the APG to meet and work out well before now. Everyone selling would have known or should have know that the usual stabling practices, which from what I can see this upcoming sale has again adhered to, would once again be in place.
You've also got me at a distinct disadvantage because while I know Sydney like the back of my hand, the relative locations of the various Barns down in Melbourne don't immediately spring to mind depite having gone there numerous times over the years. I take that Barn D is the most prominent/closest position to the Sale Ring?
In Sydney, basically the same Vendors are in the same places in the same Barns year after year and everyone seems happy enough with that. For example I could go out there and from the gate walk blindfolded to where Success, Brooklyn or Pepper Tree, Golden Gait, Matt Day, Darren Reay and Rainbow Farms will have their consignments . Maybe it's different in Melbourne? Do they move around each year? I can't say that I've noticed one way or the other.
In Sydney our yearlings sometimes arrive Friday night but more often early Saturday morning with the Sale itself always on Sunday. Depends on circumstances. Over the years I've noticed that some of the yearlings out there will cope with it all much better than others. Some just love the change of scenery & are sparky right throughout the process while others very quickly become bored with the walk in-walk out, shake it all about routine and you can see that they've already had enough by Saturday afternoon. If you had one that didn't like being boxed and fiddled about with then you'd be turning up as late on Saturday as you could I guess.
In terms of not having the Premiums spread out because some Sunday session horses don't turn up until late Saturday, it sounds good in theory but practicality wise it just doesn't work. Many, many times in the past some of the Premium session yearlings have still been there on site in the boxes come Sunday and because of the logistics of various transport arrangements they don't start to leave until that afternoon/evening at the earliest and sometimes Monday morning & beyond.

i got a letter from APG the other day and in the letter it referred to this change, and said that it was being trialled as a result of numerous requests from preparers/vendors...

mightymo
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Ben

I agree 100% with you.

mango
01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Mightymo
Thats fine with it being trialled but why was know one informed before this point.

Ben
Thats a fair point, but also at sale's when out parading a yearling it might also catch the eye of a person who didn't have much interest in it before and by having them spread out will make that harder. Also at the 2009 premium sale when the horses were all in the one spot people walked past and had a look at each one. I'll leave it there for now and i will wait untill after the sale to make anymore comments.

BenScadden
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, no doubt sale day will be the ultimate test ... we can all be experts before then ... but the proof's in the buying

mango
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Video footage of premium sale yearling's is now available to be viewed at www.apgold.com.au

buster
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
lot 5 is a good sort - the handler that is (the grin's seem to be very plain looking)

mango, whos the horse in your picture

mango
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Elsu before he won the Inter in Auckland 2005.

triplev123
01-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Couldn't agree more Ben. If there's one you like then you're finding it no matter what.

justdoit
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold Dust Beach, any thoughts on his offspring?
Are these still going to the sale after the floods, anyone willing it go up against the stable at auction time.
IMO the most expensive part of the dams purchase should have been the transport down from NA.

mango
01-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Justdoit
I'd have to agree with you that the most expensive part would be the flight over. We actually spoke about this in a previous thread and one of my comments was that who ever is advising him to purchase the mare's and stallions should be replaced as they are bringing out the wrong stock. If they are to make it big in the racing and breeding game and i hope they do they need to take a good look at what there breeding to and from.

justdoit
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi Mango,
Diamond Creek stud buy the sought of horses that if you can afford them you should be buying.