PDA

View Full Version : Colts vs Fillies

ARTOFFICIAL
02-12-2012, 01:01 PM
What's the go with the lack of love for fillies at the moment?? They are looked at in a bad light currently. Last time I looked there are still plenty of juvenile classic races for fillies to be run for the same currency as the colts!! Breeding newbie :confused:

peteboss4
02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
What's the go with the lack of love for fillies at the moment?? They are looked at in a bad light currently. Last time I looked there are still plenty of juvenile classic races for fillies to be run for the same currency as the colts!! Breeding newbie :confused:

The sale topper at $82,500 in Sydney was a filly but a very good family though. For a Reason, Luttucereason, close relation Waldenburg.
2nd highest price was also a filly at $80,000, The Kindly Ones filly brought $42,500.
Bettors fillys in Melb $47,000 & $35,000.
But not much else brought the $$$$$$$ for the girls.

ARTOFFICIAL
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
They can bring money at the sales but from a breeders prospective people seem to want colt first then filly comes a distant second for preference. Colts/ geldings race for longer no doubt. Why else?

peteboss4
02-12-2012, 03:37 PM
They can bring money at the sales but from a breeders prospective people seem to want colt first then filly comes a distant second for preference. Colts/ geldings race for longer no doubt. Why else?

How many girls in the Miracle Mile ,Hunter Cup or Interdoms ????

aussiebreno
02-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Inb4 VVV posts about lack of racing oppurtunities and race programming for mares :D

Triple V
02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Here in NSW the lack of 2yo and 3yo Fillies ONLY racing is nothing short of scandalous.
No doubt it is the same in QLD, VIC, TAS & WA.
As an exericse, could Forum Members in QLD, VIC, TAS & WA take a look at the total opportunities for 2yo and also the total opportunities for 2yo fillies to race their own sex over the next 6 weeks or so?
I'll do NSW.
Count the Classics/Futurities as well but keep a track of their total as well so that at the end we can establish the respective totals.
As I said elsewhere on here, as of last Friday week out to March 31st, here in NSW there were 66 2yo races. 14 of the 66 were Fillies Only events, 5 of those 14 were Classics/Futurities/Sales races...leaving a paltry 9 Fillies Only 2yo events out of 66 (13.6%).
Little wonder that you have to pay buyers to take your Yearling Fillies. What an absolute disgrace. Those responsible should hang their individual and collective heads in shame...but they won't because they don't have the first clue what the implications of this actually are.

ARTOFFICIAL
02-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Well I have a 2yo filly almost ready to be nominated so I will be taking a keen interest in 2yo fillies races in Victoria in the near future.

Triple V
02-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Go around and throw rocks on Barlow's roof if you can't get a start against other 2yo fillies only.

eliteblood
02-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Good to see both a 2YO fillies and a 3YO fillies race at Bathurst tonight

Triple V
02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Good to see both a 2YO fillies and a 3YO fillies race at Bathurst tonight

[VVV] Indeed. That is VERY good. Well done Bathurst.
At the same time though it is all rather sad that it is such an exception to the norm here in NSW that it is in fact worth the noting. :(
Trevor, how long can HRA, HRNSW, HRV & so on continue to ignore reasonable racing opportunities for 50% of the annual foal crop?
Surely recent Sales results will finally force them to act?