PDA

View Full Version : Art Colony

justdoit
01-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Will he get many mares?

nat
01-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Are you talking about in Canada its hard to say at $4,000 by all accounts he is a flawless individual and raced against the best. But with the world up there about to go Rocknroll mad plus a host of many well credentialed and priced stallions on offer its a hard market eveywhere now.

justdoit
01-20-2011, 05:52 AM
I agree with you Nat, he will do it tough:)

nat
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I think any stallion standing around the $4000 - $6000 will want to have AAA+ credentials anywhere in the world these days to get a look in

justdoit
01-20-2011, 09:45 AM
It is hard enough for the stallion with out their owner, stud farms over rating them and in doing so limiting their service numbers.
He should be at $2500 and breeding everything in Ontario even the Canadian beaver.

mango
01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Art Colony is a nice looking stallion who beat some nice horses and was 2nd in the Governors Cup and the Breeders Crown at 2. I agree with you Justdoit and Nat if he is to make a stallion they need him at around the $2500 mark to try and get full books. Having the numbers on the ground will help make a stallion but if he is only to get 70 mare's over there he will struggle to take off. If they price a stallion right and get the numbers on the ground which will hopefully mean more winners down the track then they could increase his service fee.

triplev123
01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
It is hard enough for the stallion with out their owner, stud farms over rating them and in doing so limiting their service numbers.
He should be at $2500 and breeding everything in Ontario even the Canadian beaver.

http://www.stinque.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Beaver-Mascot-Animal-Costume.detail-220x220.jpg (http://www.stinque.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Beaver-Mascot-Animal-Costume.detail.jpg)

jammsb
01-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Even standing at $2,500 or less, he wouldn't get a whole lot of mares.

mango
01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
If Always A Virgin can get full books in the states whats to say if this stallion was priced right why he couldn't ?

nat
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
It all depends how the see this horse in the northern hemisphere but he will be up against it with their first shot breeding to Rock N Roll Heaven and Sportwriter plus a whole host of others.

justdoit
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi Mango, Thats right and the chance of a discount could be there.
Triplev123, Hmmmmm

jammsb
01-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Two answers:
(1)Competition
(2)Competition
Ontario is loaded with quality stallions, both proven and promising.
Indiana has a few promising horses, but nowhere near as many nor as good as Ontario.

mango
01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Jammsb
Competition thats a fair call but can you tell me what stallion would you go to under the $3,500 mark in Ontario. I do believe if he was $2,500 he would get he's mare's. He must of been a great looking yearling as he was purchased for $157,000 and Casie Coleman who has raced some nice horses really rated this horse. He hit the board 12 out of 13 starts and when looking at the horses he raced he didn't race 2nd rate horses. If you get the chance go to you tube and see if you can find the interview which was done with Casie about this horse.

triplev123
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
You can buy Art Colony's 4yo unraced half sister, Stonebridge something or other...by Rocknroll Hanover, for $4,000.

triplev123
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Correction...$3,500.
You can also buy an Abercrombie half sister to McArdle in foal to Totally Western for $4,500.

mango
01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Triplev123
What's the cost to get one out to Australia.

triplev123
01-22-2011, 07:56 PM
G'day Mango,

Last time I looked you'd have to allow about $AUS25,000 landed.
That might have changed somewhat in recent times with a much better Fx to the USD.

PS. How's your foot?

mango
01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Triplev123
Thanks for that, had the bone shaved in the joint of my foot and they removed a wedge of bone from the first joint of my big toe so hopefully i'll be back to normal but all good i won't be missing the sale's. Wonder if the a.p.g will supply me a buggy to get around lol.

triplev123
01-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Excellent. Nothing like a bit of Carpentry. Sounds like a Bunion? I've got one on my right foot, started from badly fitting football boots as a late teenager then got roughed up later on down the road from steel cappers that I used to wear at work. Every so often it gives me buggery. There's a place here in Sydney that sells new and 2nd hand Golf Buggies. www.golfcart.com.au (http://www.golfcart.com.au). They're over on Mitchell Road at Brookvale. Manager's name is Dave Smith. You can get a 2-4-6 or 8 seater models. Late on Sunday afternoon when everyone's got jack of walking about at Randwick there might even be a quid in zipping them around to various Barns. The trick is to get one with some kind of a tray on the back. Then you fill it with ice and fire a couple of slabs into it and you can also sell cold beers as you go. Last year it got so hot out there on Saturday afternoon I'd have paid anything for a coldie. Janet Moore must have sensed my distress and came to the rescue with an almost frozen can of Coke. Drinking it was close on being a spiritual experience. :D:D:D

mango
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
I wish a bunion was all it was and i think the 8 seater could be the go i'll start around noon i'll hand out flyers with my number and prices on it so if you need one in a hurry i will be there. I'm going to put an add in the trotguide the thurs before to see if i can find someone to take over for me at 3pm cause a few beers on a hot day and driving around just ain't a good mix. Any advice on what i should charge per metre.

triplev123
01-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Don't know what you should charge but if you want to go under cover and pass yourself off as a Cabbie you'll probably need to gear yourself up with a Dastar like my Sikh mate Jatinder who lives up the road and around the corner a bit from here. He's not a Cabbie, not sure what he does actually, but he often jokes about how many Sydney Cabbies are Sikhs. Only problem is that you can't be seen drinking Beer if you're wearing a Dastar. Those boys, the true ones anyway, don't imbibe. Not a drop. Big-time Tea drinkers though.

Gtrain
02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Correction...$3,500.
You can also buy an Abercrombie half sister to McArdle in foal to Totally Western for $4,500.

Where can you see these horses for sale?

triplev123
02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Ongait.com as I recall.

justdoit
02-05-2011, 07:47 AM
They are more than likely in today's market over priced.

TripleV123, Mr Buffet is king IMO, in more ways than one. He had his girlfriend/his wife's best friend move into the house where he and his wife were still living and for a couple of years they all lived together happily??? until one day the wife moved out only to return for the occasional party or special event:) they are all still good friends.
Their would be few who are capable of such a feat. Long live the King.

trotpace
02-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I dont breed to anything Casie Coleman trained.

mango
02-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Hi Trotpace
Just wondering why you wouldn't breed to anything Casie Coleman trained, besides Art Colony she has trained American Ideal and Sportswriter. Sportswriter served around 220 mare's in Australia and is fully booked this year in the states and American Ideal was the 1st year leading sire and had a couple of good winners.

trotpace
02-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I have my reasons....

buster
02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
i think its pretty obvious

triplev123
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Trotpace,
Just wondering. Have you ever bred a mare to Cam's Card Shark, Art Major, Dragon Again, Mach Three, Rocknroll Hanover, Western Ideal, Western Terror, Red River Hanover, Village Jolt or The Panderosa? How about you Buster? Keen on the progeny of any of those sires?

buster
02-12-2011, 03:16 PM
i dont follow his policy triplev

i was just saying its obvious why he doesnt breed to them

triplev123
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I try to follow things very closely and it's not at all obvious to me Buster so you both have me at a distinct disadvantage.
I do know that Casie Coleman was forced by the ORC to race out of the 'D' Barn at Mohawk/Woodbine, this despite never having recorded so much as a positive that would have caused her to have to do so. Further to that I also know that with her 6th straight nomination in a row for Trainer of the Year she took out 'The 2010 O'Brien Award' title for the 4th time. Those who are aware of the very strict criteria which apply to the O'Brien Awards would know that Trainers and Horses instantly become ineligible if they score a Positive during the season.
Casie Coleman having been nominated for 6 years in a row and having won Trainer of the Year on 4 of those 6 occasions speaks volumes and it greatly discredits the inference trotpace is putting across.

justdoit
02-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Bill Robinson trained some good horses, towards the end of his reign:)he would not attend the awards. It seemed that the award for trainer of the year was at that time not seen in a good light by many people.

trotpace
02-16-2011, 04:58 AM
I try to follow things very closely and it's not at all obvious to me Buster so you both have me at a distinct disadvantage.
I do know that Casie Coleman was forced by the ORC to race out of the 'D' Barn at Mohawk/Woodbine, this despite never having recorded so much as a positive that would have caused her to have to do so. Further to that I also know that with her 6th straight nomination in a row for Trainer of the Year she took out 'The 2010 O'Brien Award' title for the 4th time. Those who are aware of the very strict criteria which apply to the O'Brien Awards would know that Trainers and Horses instantly become ineligible if they score a Positive during the season.
Casie Coleman having been nominated for 6 years in a row and having won Trainer of the Year on 4 of those 6 occasions speaks volumes and it greatly discredits the inference trotpace is putting across.

Doesn't matter to me if you think it discredits me.
You're entitled to your opinions and so am I.

trotpace
02-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey Trotpace,
Just wondering. Have you ever bred a mare to Cam's Card Shark, Art Major, Dragon Again, Mach Three, Rocknroll Hanover, Western Ideal, Western Terror, Red River Hanover, Village Jolt or The Panderosa? How about you Buster? Keen on the progeny of any of those sires?

and why is that?

triplev123
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Doesn't matter to me if you think it discredits me.
You're entitled to your opinions and so am I.

For sure. Just one thing though. It doesn' discredit you personally trotpace. It does however completely discredit your comment on this subject.
The fact that Casie Coleman has been nominated for the O'Brien Award Trainer of the Year 6 times and has won it on 4 of those 6 occasions and the accompanying fact that O'Brien Award nominees both Human & Equine are automatically dropped should they record a positive, serves to totally discredit your inference that you don't breed to ex Casie Coleman trainees because you think her and so their success is the result of something underhanded going on. If you happen to feel that the two (as in you the person and that particular line of thinking) are inextricably linked then so be it.

triplev123
02-16-2011, 11:30 AM
and why is that?

Is it not obvious? Every single one of them came from Barns that have recorded actual Positives & mutliple versions thereof, Robinson/Gelrod & Pelling. If your stance against the imagined transgressions of Casie Coleman & so her ex trainees is consistent...then by rights you should have run a mile from every one of the abovementioned as well. So, have you bred a mare to any one of them? You skipped over answering that one.
While for a long time I thought otherwise, it also underlines the fact that it matters not where they came from, nor does it matter who trained them and what the transgressions record of their trainer was. They will either succeed or fail as sires, regardless.

trotpace
02-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Maybe i just have a thing against Casie Coleman?

:p

mango
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Trotpace
From where i sit it seems like she is doing a fantastic job.