PDA

View Full Version : A couple for Northern Southland Today.

Mardy
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Just thought i'd throw a couple out for the trots today.And YES you will see a pattern,i'm a big fan of the Tim/Anthony Butt team..follow them religiously....don't worry Neil,i'm happy with the trainers that have our horses. :D

R5-4 Vulcan.Got home late for 3rd behind a nice mare on New Years Eve.Is smart and is a Jewels winner.Won over 2 miles on Cup Day..will be tough in this.

R6-4 Buriton Bailey.It's 5th 2 runs back wasn't that bad..then did some work @ Reefton and it took it's toll.Is a handy horse when on his game..and from this handy draw over the short trip he could surprise..my odds bet of the day.

R8-10 Stunin Cullen.I don't really need to say much about this class bloke.If he begins well,he'll no doubt end up in front at some stage and he should be way too good for them..take whatever odds you can.

R10-10 The Big Mach.Was 4th but 10L behind Stunin Cullen last time out.Been going good races down south.Will enjoy the 2700m and he can surprise at nice money.

So there's my thoughts.

P.S... i know that the Butts have the 2yr old going around,in Race 2 BUT i haven't seen any of it's trials so decided not to comment..but will no doubt improve with whatever it does today.

Brando
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
hey Mardy...

do you think that Stunnin Cullen can give Franco Jamar a 20m head start and still beat him?

Mardy
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Brando...if SC steps on terms with them,then yes i think he can,however if he doesn't step with them,then it makes Franco Jamar the horse to beat...as he's a quality 4yr old as well.To me they almost look to be the quinella of the day.

Brando
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
sweet thanks mate... I won't anchor SC for me Pick 6 but will take the quinella! :)

Brando
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM
ps: I followed the hype and plonked Instead Of even though I was leaning towards Lord Jowers cause he trialled a whole sec faster... grrr last time I listen to those commentators but great to hear Sheldon's voice on radio trackside!

Mardy
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Yea i gave that 2 yr old race a miss...that Instead Off was beaten at the 400m..he's nicely bred so would pay to stick with him..and he's in a good barn.And yes good to see and hear Sheldon on Trackside..hopefully he can get some more gigs on Trackside.