PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Back This Friday

Ponder
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Seems like the Summer meet just ended yesterday.

Allan
10-21-2010, 01:40 AM
I am not sure this was the weekend to resume racing at the Meadowlands. I would have suggested waiting until next week, after the Red Mile meet ended. Who is going to be driving Friday and Saturday at the Meadowlands as I assume the top drivers will be at The Red Mile and will not likely be able to get back in time for the evening cards.

In addition, I would like to see the Meadowlands experiment with Sunday night race cards. With Balmoral being the only significant track racing on Sunday night in the United States, it would be interesting to see what the handle would be for a Sunday evening. Would people play the Meadowlands or is Sunday truly a night off for gamblers. Only one way to find out.

Joe Fitz
10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
The fluctuating schedules of the Jets and Giants make Sunday night racing at the Meadowlands an iffy proposition. Aside from the obvious conflict that comes with home games, road games in the late afternoon time slot, or on Sunday Night Football, will hurt handle and attendance. There are plenty of TV's at the track, but people tend to settle in at home for these games.

Joe Fitz
10-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Lou Pena is back at the Meadowlands with his magic wand. Lack of oversight is a major factor in the sport's decline; how long will people who know better look the other way and pretend that the impossible is possible?

Allan
10-22-2010, 01:03 AM
The fluctuating schedules of the Jets and Giants make Sunday night racing at the Meadowlands an iffy proposition. Aside from the obvious conflict that comes with home games, road games in the late afternoon time slot, or on Sunday Night Football, will hurt handle and attendance. There are plenty of TV's at the track, but people tend to settle in at home for these games.

I understand right now there may be some conflict, but it may be worth the experiement before dates for 2011 are set. I agree I would not normally race on a Sunday night during the football season, but there is the rest of the year where you don't have that conflict.

Fullerton
10-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Joe great points.