PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Colours

Don Corleone
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
What is the thoughts of everyone on drivers having their own colours instead of the driver wearing the trainers colours. As a owner/trainer I love seeing my colours out there but on occasions have worn the sponsors colours when asked and really I didn't "miss" seeing my horses with foreign colours. I only use about 4-5 drivers so their colours would be associated with my horse anyway.:D

eljay
01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
When you look for a Cran Dalgety horse - what do you look for? Enough said???

Don Corleone
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah I agree eljay. I can still go back in time and say what colours trainers from the past wore.

mango
01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
There was a bit of talk about this a few years back where it was suggested that drivers should have there own colours. The main reason was they thought it would be better for the punter's to be able to follow certain driver's. I remember reading a statement from Lombo standardbreds and Mick was quoted as saying if this was to be the case he would pull the pin and not race any. Now for most people we all know Lombo horses as Mick races and breeds the most horses per year in Australia and has poured numerous amounts of money into building his racing empire. He said he pay's the bill's for mare's to be put in foal, breaking in and trainning fee's so he should have the right to race he's horses in his colours. As an owner myself i would prefer to see my colours in the winners circle as i do pay the bill's and for most serious punter's they do there form and don't need colours to help them pick a winner.