PDA

View Full Version : Livamol ayone?

Triple V
05-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone else feeding this? First time I've ever used it and geeze I've noticed it in their coats even though they're going into winter. They look & act so well. Incredible stuff...even though it's bloody expensive, so far very encouraging results.

Lethal
05-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Jamie! Late mail, I would have thought Livamol would be common knowledge to you, the font of all knowledge.The first thing I noticed when I walked into a HR stable, too many years ago, was, A BIG ORANGE BAG.
But cut the jokes, it is good stuff, great for conditioning coats and still use it on the competition hacks. I would not think it is expensive @ around $4 per kilo give or take where you purchase it.
Good stuff, keep using it.

Triple V
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Jamie! Late mail, I would have thought Livamol would be common knowledge to you, the font of all knowledge.The first thing I noticed when I walked into a HR stable, too many years ago, was, A BIG ORANGE BAG.
But cut the jokes, it is good stuff, great for conditioning coats and still use it on the competition hacks. I would not think it is expensive @ around $4 per kilo give or take where you purchase it.
Good stuff, keep using it.

[VVV] :D I knew of it Lee but definitely a first time user. I was in the feed store with my brother and had no idea what it was worth so I made a big wheel of myself by grabbing two big bags & walking up to the counter & then nearly fell over when the bloke on the cash register told me the price. I heard my brother behind me say "shit" then he rather unkindly laughed at me as I went for my wallet. The big bottle of apple cider vinegar and garlic that I was also holding only added to the damage. :eek: Still, looks like money well spent though. It's really putting some zing into them both appearance and alertness wise. Thankfully it looks like you don't have to use much to see a difference in them and quickly too, as in a couple of weeks. A bloke told me about some good results he had with Equi-Jewel but that it was more of a weight gainer sort of thing. Have you used that before?

Lethal
05-24-2012, 11:05 PM
We used to have a Dr. Marbach (Genius) who was instrumental in developing blood tests. He never stopped extolling the value of cider vinegar.

Lethal
05-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I missed that bit about Equi-Jewel, however Dr. Marbach tried to impress on me that if you had a warehouse for every magic new veterinary product, then you would need to it to be the size of a Jumbo hangar.He used to say, remember KISS.

Triple V
05-24-2012, 11:43 PM
That's good to hear but what's in the Cider Vinegar that is supposed to be so good Lee?
I kind of get the Garlic...as in the sulphur content...but Vinegar?
Is it some sort of blood or digestive pH thing or what?

Lethal
05-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Well from memory the main benefit was to stimulate drinking, promoting an alkaline blood profile, therefore retaining potassium. Also very good for all your older arthritic horses due to its aid in lowering lactic acid build up. I'm sure there's more, however still use it on the hacks (as above)

teecee
05-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes can concur on the results from Livamol.
$150.00 for 40kg bag here.
Also use Garlic / vinegar compound.
have you tried HANLEYS Formula yet????

Triple V
05-25-2012, 01:15 AM
That's interesting. Makes sense too. I was told it also had benefits as far as their airways were concerned, esp. so with the Garlic added ? Whatever it does, it honks when you dish it out but they all seem to really like the taste & don't leave anything behind in their feed bins. Btw, the Livamol seems to me to have a kind of aniseed smell to it? which I'm not so partial to, have long hated licorice. Errrrrgh. :(

Triple V
05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes can concur on the results from Livamol.
$150.00 for 40kg bag here.
Also use Garlic / vinegar compound.
have you tried HANLEYS Formula yet????

[VVV] No Tony, haven't used that. What's the skinny on it?

teecee
05-25-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.hanley.co.nz/product-information

Gives horses the racymuscular look atop the see yourself in the coat from Livamol.

I raise yearlings on sugar beet with Livamol mornings
sugar beet and Hanleys evenings.

Racehorses get additives similarly over normal rations. Good if you are collecting "best presented awards" !!!

Triple V
05-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Geeze Tony, I get all interested and the site says only available in New Zealand. :(
Anyone feel like humping a 20kg sack over here for me to trial???????????????????
When's Dexter coming to drive at Menangle next? Any chance of jamming it in his luggage?

dizzy
05-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Jamie if you want a protein supplement concentrate available here you could try Mitavite Superamino 66. Of course diet combinations are endless with many products available, if you are interested in accessing your own rations can I suggest you take a look here www.feedxl.com.au (http://www.feedxl.com.au).

Triple V
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Jamie if you want a protein supplement concentrate available here you could try Mitavite Superamino 66. Of course diet combinations are endless with many products available, if you are interested in accessing your own rations can I suggest you take a look here www.feedxl.com.au (http://www.feedxl.com.au).

[VVV] Cheers Dot, most appreciated.

Danno
05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
That's interesting. Makes sense too. I was told it also had benefits as far as their airways were concerned, esp. so with the Garlic added ? Whatever it does, it honks when you dish it out but they all seem to really like the taste & don't leave anything behind in their feed bins. Btw, the Livamol seems to me to have a kind of aniseed smell to it? which I'm not so partial to, have long hated licorice. Errrrrgh. :(

The "aniseed smell'' is the molasses Jamie, livaMOL.
your not wasting money feeding it, in fact I'll bet you wish you always did.

Cheers,
Dan

Triple V
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Dad found a place up in the Blue Mtns. that sells Apple Cider Vinegar in bulk. Can get 20 L drums of the stuff apparently. All I need now is 20kg of minced Garlic. :eek:

Lethal
05-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Jamie,
20 litre drums of cider vinegar has always been available, but for some reason the price does not equate to the purchase price buying it in 500ml bottles retail. The argument seems to be that the drums are the raw product and therefore better. My thoughts are that the manufacturers know it is for the horse industry and make the most of it. We never found any difference between the drums, with all its unfiltered sediment and the commercial product, except price.

Starship Captain
05-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Get the wife to boil some barley in the morning the horses will love it!

dizzy
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
It is the unfiltered ACV that is best, the sediment is the part you especially want, think from memory it is refered to as the "mother" amongst ACV devotees. A word of warning about garlic, it can cause a form of anemia (heinz I think?) and is a blood thinner not good for race horse who bleed. Don't think the amount in commercial ACV plus garlic supplements is enough to be a concern but not sure

Greg Hando
05-25-2012, 11:15 PM
For the yearling's we've alway's used cotton seed meal IMO does as good as job as any for the coat, and have used Livamol as well but went back to cs as i thought it did just as good a job and at the time was the best price.

The ingredients in LIVAMOLŪ include a range of protein include Meals, molasses, Pollard, Cod Liver Oil limestone and DCP. To this are added the trace elements Iron, manganese, zinc, iodine, Cobalt, Copper and Vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6 AND B12. The result is a concentrated and nutritious conditioning feed additive fit for all animals and birds.

Lethal
05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
The amino acids that you are after are always in the liquid as well as the sediment. It all depends on what price you put on the perceived benefits of the raw product or not.

HISGEN65
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
My girls give livamol to their riding/show horses & they always look awesome..
I have a chestnut retired STB whom I ride & show a bit & I have found Copra really
good for his coat also.
I am a fan of good quality oil such as Kohnkie's "energy gold" for the race horses coats.