PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer warns Racing Board Lou Pena will win

Duane Ranger
06-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Respected New York lawyer Joe Faraldo says Lou Pena will win the case against the New York State Racing and Wagering Board. He termed the Board both incompetent and a disgrace.

“The Board calls this a ground-breaking case but to me they are the stupidest bunch of administrators I’ve had anything to do with in 45 years of racing,” Faraldo said.

“They are completely incompetent and they are destroying our sport,” Faraldo told Harnesslink.

Read the full story here:

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=98027

THE TRUTH
06-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Joe Faraldough is a disgrace.
He is the one who needs an education----99.9% of horsemen and bettors-think Pena may be a cheat--and now his Vet Records have shown that he committed 1700 violations. Some horse raced with 5 medications administered within 2 days of racing--and that's what we know of.
Is this the kind of trainer we want in racing?
This practice of beating the system by loading horses up with drugs INSIDE the WITHDRAWAL times is WRONG JOE FARALDOUGH --and the board has WRITTEN PROOF---PENA IS DONE!!
The fact he got no positive is PROOF he beat the system--not proof of his innocence.
How about the "lavageing" of a joint and injecting it with cortisone 2 days out? The horse is sore so you load it up with cortisone then go race it 48 hours later?
I know what would happen to Lou if he tried this in Australia,NZ, or Hong Kong---he'd be doing 12 months immediately.
All these treatments are what we know of--who knows what else these poor horses were getting.
Incidentally---name me ONE horse that Lou Pena trained in 2009 when he started racing on the East Coast--that is STILL RACING COMPETITIVELY at the same level.
Yes that's right=0 they are all fried.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Mr Pena.

Triple V
06-02-2012, 04:34 PM
G'day Robert,

I wonder if yourself and others see the selective prosecution aspect to this?
I will 100% guarentee you that if the NY & NJ crews were to summon the courage to apply this same level of scrutiny to any number of other Trainers that have previously competed or are currently competing in their respective racing jurisdictions that they would find EXACTLY the same sorts of drugs with EXACTLY the same timeframe overages/transgressions. That doesn't absolve old mate Lou of his sins of course, but it certainly does put them in perspective. To think that this fella was some kind of a one off renegade operator would be extremely naive.