PDA

View Full Version : Any NZ pacers for sale??

mickeyh
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi

Been looking all over trying to find a website that lists NZ pacers for sale. Have found one or two but they only have 4 - 5 posts and very average conveyances.

Can anyone recommend the best site? Or even better, does anyone know of lowly assessed horses for sale? I'm looking to bring one across the Tasman as yours on average are a class above ours. Budget is $10,000 NZD but may be convinced to pay a bit more for the right horse.

Any sex is fine. Gatespeed would be great given our style of racing but not essential.

Any help or point in the right direction appreciated

kilcoyne
01-23-2011, 11:55 AM
www.standardbredsonline.co.nz. also has an aussie list.

buster
01-23-2011, 02:54 PM
mickey what has happened with atomic ark?

imo try an agent, they only have shit on those websites
pete muir, garrick knight all worth a shot

mickeyh
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Have heard some pretty ordinary things about agents, their trustworthines, the amount they add on etc but suppose I shouldn't group all in the one boat so might give a few of those a go plus another I've been put on to via this forum.

The Ark is where he should be at this stage of his career...Perth, with G Bond. Hopefully a few weeks away from racing but all completely up to Greg.

buster
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM
good call, he'll be a different horse with the bonds

buster
01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
i asked a few people mickey and should have a few names for you on wednesday, mainly vic horses around c1's and 3yos

username
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
what sort of skunk rat are u expecting to buy for 10k??? oh please!!!

mickeyh
01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
No Swaps was bought for 10k NUMNUTS. Seems to go allright to me.

Don Corleone
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Good luck mickeyh, 10k is fine and if I wasn't going to bred of one of my racehorses then 10k would've been okay by me. She has won 2 and 5 placings from 12 starts and would do well in Aust. If I get the trip on thursday night you can make 3 from 13 !!! LOL

Flashing Red
01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
what sort of skunk rat are u expecting to buy for 10k??? oh please!!!

What an ignorant, silly statment!!

They change his price all the time, but Nickys Falcon as an example you can get periodically for 10k. That horse is nothing further from a skunk!!

username
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
What an ignorant, silly statment!!

They change his price all the time, but Nickys Falcon as an example you can get periodically for 10k. That horse is nothing further from a skunk!!

oh really is that a new zealand horse available right now? lets be honest 10k will get you a rat 20k will get you a very nice horse.

Flashing Red
01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
oh really is that a new zealand horse available right now? lets be honest 10k will get you a rat 20k will get you a very nice horse.

I see you chose to ignore the comment on No Swaps! :)

I am being honest, and instead of sitting around waiting (and it will be an eternity) for an in form good going horse for 10k to be plonked on your lap you have to think outside the square. Chances are you are not going to get a good horse for 10k if you don't, especially in NZ where they seem to want a lot more for them. However, if on a budget like that, you may have to get a good horse that is currently out of form, or a horse from a trainer you think you can improve off. I have known people to get very nice horses cheaply the night they have been given a 3 month ban after bleeding. Sometimes horses fibulate one off (like Blacks A Fake, Melpark Major) but people don't want to risk it so they get rid of the cheaply. Sometimes people have no idea that their horses are thumping and you can get a steal and turn it around in a week! Sure, none of these situations are ideal but you have to think outside the square sometimes and do what you gotta do.

Da Svidaniya was claimed for 6k 3.5 months ago and 2 starts ago won a FFA. He is in for 10k this Saturday. You can't honestly tell me that those sorts of horses can't be found in NZ and are only unique to Australia. Nickys Falcon and Da Sivdaniya are an example of 2 horses that have nothing wrong with them that are nice little money spinners at a reasonable price. Sure they don't meet the "NZ" criteria, but please don't be silly enough to suggest to me that those sorts of horses couldn't be found there either!! :) Probably a bit harder to do so, granted, but not impossible! :) Of course you will more likely than not get a nicer horse for 20k, but then you are paying twice as much so you would kinda expect that, right? :)

buster
01-26-2011, 12:14 AM
at least hes having a crack and trying to find a winner

i sent you a pm mickey

username
01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
ok so i may have gone off a bit early here but it hard not to with all this talent. my point was the quality of horse rises exponentially between 10k and 20k horses iMho

Flashing Red
01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
ok so i may have gone off a bit early here but it hard not to with all this talent. my point was the quality of horse rises exponentially between 10k and 20k horses iMho

I agree. :) The cheaper they are, the harder it is to find a good money spinner, yes. :)

buster
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
personally i think nz horses are cheaper than aussie horses... imo it is pretty much impossible to buy a metro class horse that is still a c0 in aus - where as at least they are actually for sale in nz with wins still left in them

mickeyh
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
ummm....so I'll get a better horse if I pay more? Thanks for the scoop!!

To those who have contacted with a constructive contribution, thanks for your help.

username
01-27-2011, 09:17 PM
you missed the point but seeing as ur a bit challenged and hard up for cash perhaps try buying big rocket. should suit.

mickeyh
01-28-2011, 01:29 PM
EARTH TO NUMNUTS. What about your comment does not suggest that by paying more you would get a better horse??? Once again, thanks for the scoop. I'll bear those thoughts in mind forever more so my life can be complete. Now I will know that the next time I am looking to purchase a car for example, I will be able to get a better one "exponentially between 10 and 20k"!!! Gee, imagine what I could get for $50k on that basis.

Seriously, back under your rock please.

mickeyh
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM
PS - if you need some help in working out how to actually create a username for yourself, I'm sure admin can assist.

Flashing Red
01-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Is narkiness really needed :( I thought that is what distinguished this forum from others :(

admin
01-29-2011, 01:47 AM
I agree, deleted...

username, please keep everything civil. Criticisms ok but must be backed up with fact.

justdoit
01-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Username from this day forth shall be known as "NUMNUTS" Ad infinitum:)

mango
01-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Username
Everyone is intitled to there opinion and by all means argue your point but for this site to go foward and be as great as it is we need to be civil to a certain extent. We are all on this site due to the love of Harness Racing so please try and respect other people's posts as they should yours.

Don Corleone
01-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Good luck mickeyh, 10k is fine and if I wasn't going to bred of one of my racehorses then 10k would've been okay by me. She has won 2 and 5 placings from 12 starts and would do well in Aust. If I get the trip on thursday night you can make 3 from 13 !!! LOL

Hey Mickey, well I got the trip and and yes I now have a 3 win mare!!!!!

mango
01-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi Don
Well done and would that mare be Who's Escaped ?

mickeyh
01-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Well done Don. Congratulations. I actually watched Who's Escaped race on Thurs. She has very good gatespeed and was perfectly driven. I would have been very happy to take a mare like her for $10k. That gatespeed would see her win quite a few more over here I reckon.

Good luck with the rest of her racing career and breeding from her. I see Donna Who is her grandmother. She was a very nice mare back in the mid 90's over here, which I'm sure you're already aware of so best of luck with continuing that line when the time comes.

Don Corleone
01-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mickey - Yes Donna Who was a nice mare. So was Who's Escaped mum but for a paddock accident after winning her first 2-3 easily. She never really came back as good.
I have sold many horses to Aust over the years, Cam Du Fair,Totara Knight, Wings On My Feet to name a few and they have all gone on. I like to sell them for a fair price and therefore the next owner gets a return on them too. Once they reach their mark here in NZ there is nothing, where as in Aust they still have a life.
So Mickey keep going as 10k WILL get you something that you can at least triple your money - 20k will give you more a chance but hell I ALWAYS pick the cheap ones. It's more fun!!!
Hey and thanks Mango.

username
01-29-2011, 08:20 PM
ok no worries. takes two to tango though????????????