PDA

View Full Version : Zac butcher

Don Corleone
07-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Well done Zac for the past season and good stuff on the way you celebrated - shame they had to fine you $500 - :confused:, One of the few times harness racing gets on mainline TV news in a postive manner:cool:
You can't beat enthusiastic youth!! Great for the game.

teecee
07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Considering the last piece of Harness Racing suited to Main line television news was the incident involving Frank Cooney.
IMO Mr Butchers antics warranted a more serious charge.

How about "Actions bring Harness Racing into disrepute."

Whilst Harness racing allows leeway for celebratory gestures not afforded in thoroughbred racing Mr Butchers actions were "Over the top".

mark diegutis
07-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Considering the last piece of Harness Racing suited to Main line television news was the incident involving Frank Cooney.

Whilst Harness racing allows leeway for celebratory gestures not afforded in thoroughbred racing Mr Butchers actions were "Over the top".

And John Tabone in Qld.

Tabone Update & Fundraising
20 July 2012
http://www.harness.org.au/news/images/logos/Racing-Queensland-Logo-news.png

John Tabone’s injuries are as you will appreciate quite staggering.
His face requires re-construction and he’s had substantial amounts of blood transfusion.
Regardless of your involvement in the sport, whether it be as trainers, stable hands, owners, or patrons, we are all touched by one of our family being traumatised as a result of this accident which has left John in this critical condition.

Trish

mark diegutis
07-30-2012, 08:43 PM

Thats the most stupid peice of lunacy I've ever seen in racing , but unfortunately he has one of those last names that are "untouchable" . $500 fine . HRNZ have now become a joke !

Don Corleone
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
where is my post gone?

Neil
08-01-2012, 06:59 PM
if you play the man and not the ball thats where your posts will go

aussiebreno
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I read that post and didn't really see much in it at all. If you are going to delete that, than surely Mark's (sorry about dobbing you in Mark, no malice in it I promise!) comments about 'untouchable' Butcher surname is an instant delete as well. We can't just have the double standard for forum members and non-forum members.

Don Corleone
08-01-2012, 10:28 PM

You've got to be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well that is that for me guys. It's been nice knowing ya all.

teecee
08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
I read that post and didn't really see much in it at all. If you are going to delete that, than surely Mark's (sorry about dobbing you in Mark, no malice in it I promise!) comments about 'untouchable' Butcher surname is an instant delete as well. We can't just have the double standard for forum members and non-forum members.

There are no double standards applying here.
If you read it and didn't see much in it that's fair enough for you. I read it and can continue to read it over and over.
The post which has been deleted was in no way any type of response to the issue being discussed on this thread. Rather it was a direct personal attack on my person, character and integrity. Mr Fidow does not know me any more than any of the other people on here who are only a name with no face. That is a classic case of libel. As it is a blatant breach of the Harnesslink forum rules it has been deleted.

The post of Mark's is IMO not a direct attack on the Butcher name but rather an attack on HRNZ corporate body for the way it has handled a situation. For Mark's information as a small correction the issue of penalty is one for the JCA (another corporate body). The HRNZ stewards sought a much higher penalty.

aussiebreno
08-02-2012, 12:34 AM
There are no double standards applying here.
If you read it and didn't see much in it that's fair enough for you. I read it and can continue to read it over and over. Well obviously I don't have that luxury to read it again.
The post which has been deleted was in no way any type of response to the issue being discussed on this thread. Incorrect. Whether you agree with Dons opinion or not, he stated good on the young fellow for bringing the sport into this century. Much more on topic than the last couple posts of mine lol! Rather it was a direct personal attack on my person, character and integrity. I see you are deeply disturbed, maybe you've been attacked in the past and have built up emotion (I don't know and I hope not), but really from an outsider point of view it wasn't that bad. I sure hope moving forward my own posts aren't modded in the same stance. In another thread as soon as I read some comments towards VVV I knew straight away it wasn't on (which is why this is probably now rule of the week - VVV has a youtube vid for that I'm pretty sure!!) yet Don's post was rather timid, imo. Definetely not worthy of a carefully scripted media release anyway. Mr Fidow does not know me any more than any of the other people on here who are only a name with no face. That is a classic case of libel. As it is a blatant breach of the Harnesslink forum rules it has been deleted. Brb suing my grade seven classmate for defamation because he said I hadn't reached puberty.

The post of Mark's is IMO not a direct attack on the Butcher name but rather an attack on HRNZ corporate body for the way it has handled a situation. For Mark's information as a small correction the issue of penalty is one for the JCA (another corporate body). The HRNZ stewards sought a much higher penalty.
So as long as I don't point the finger at a mod in particular I can call the moderating team a joke (not that I would want to - this is a great forum!) and thats ok because its a group/corporate body? Somebody, an individual, came to that decision of $500.
Not that I am for deleting Marks comment, just bemused at the amount of previous posts of mine that should have been deleted if Dons got deleted! My post count would drop significantly!!!

teecee
08-02-2012, 02:11 AM
So as long as I don't point the finger at a mod in particular I can call the moderating team a joke (not that I would want to - this is a great forum!) and thats ok because its a group/corporate body? Somebody, an individual, came to that decision of $500.
Not that I am for deleting Marks comment, just bemused at the amount of previous posts of mine that should have been deleted if Dons got deleted! My post count would drop significantly!!!

Quite clearly from your response you didn't read the post at issue here, nor do you understand its significance. This has nothing to do with moderators or specifically me. It is a case of impugning someone's charcter directly rather than the views they may hold. He expressed an opinion.(not fact but opinion) His right.
I expressed my opinion on the topic.(not fact but opinion) my right.
In quoting my opinion in his response he directly responded to my opinion.(attached my post).
This response had nothing to do with the issue being debated, whether my opinion was flawed or otherwise.
It was a direct attack on my personal character.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you dont like an opinion offered you can challenge it with facts or conversely offer your own opinion.
It's not appropriate to attack a person because their opinion differs from yours. I have tried to make the point many times on this forum.
Attack the issue not the person. Some people have recognised and taken the message on board. If I seeposts which attack the person rather than the issue and I believe them to be malicious in nature I will delete them.
You may believe that you read something placid today but down the track have a falling out over some other unrelated issue.
What you read on the forum may give you ground to act against the forum.
You think this unlikely and I'm scaremongering eh?
Well it has happened, Is happening today,.. )a case of what's written on a forum like this is a current defamation case before the NZ High Court) and surely can happen in the future.

As Neil said in post no 6 above.

Finally If you read it and "didn't see much in it" and "I see you as deeply disturbed" (your opinion with no factual basis), an opinion not shared by my legal adviser.

aussiebreno
08-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Quite clearly from your response you didn't read the post at issue here, LOL, trying to tell me what I did or didn't read. Come off it. I guess if I am ever drunk/take roofies one night and forgetful the next day I can just message you and you can tell me what I got up to that night as well? While I don't have a photographic memory I know Don Corleone made specific mention to Zac Butcher bringing the sport into the "21st century" (note the quotation marks, I bet my life on that) That bit was certainly on the topic of the thread, whereas in post#9 you categorically said Dons post was in "no way any type of response to the issue". Well sorry, but does saying congrats to Zac for bringing the sport into the 21st century constitute being on topic? I think so. Again I don't have access to the post to go on any further than this. nor do you understand its significance. This has nothing to do with moderators or specifically me. You're right, I bit into this thread after Neil's post. I hope you arent seeing this as an anti Teecee thing. It is a case of impugning someone's charcter directly rather than the views they may hold. He expressed an opinion.(not fact but opinion) His right.
I expressed my opinion on the topic.(not fact but opinion) my right.
In quoting my opinion in his response he directly responded to my opinion.(attached my post).
This response had nothing to do Get your hand off it Teecee with the issue being debated, whether my opinion was flawed or otherwise.
It was a direct attack on my personal character.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you dont like an opinion offered you can challenge it with facts or conversely offer your own opinion.
It's not appropriate to attack a person because their opinion differs from yours. I have tried to make the point many times on this forum.
Attack the issue not the person. Some people have recognised and taken the message on board. If I seeposts which attack the person rather than the issue and I believe them to be malicious in nature I will delete them.
You may believe that you read something placid today but down the track have a falling out over some other unrelated issue.
What you read on the forum may give you ground to act against the forum.
You think this unlikely and I'm scaremongering eh? Yes, 1 poster on a forum when there is, a conservative estimate, hundreds of forums operated in NZ. Pretty unlikely I would say. So while as you outlined the legalities within this post I respect those and appreciate the job you and other mods do on this forum, but seeing as you bought the likelihood up lets not kid ourselves of the chances of that happening here.
Well it has happened, Is happening today,.. )a case of what's written on a forum like this is a current defamation case before the NZ High Court) and surely can happen in the future.

As Neil said in post no 6 above.

Finally If you read it and "didn't see much in it" and "I see you as deeply disturbed" (your opinion with no factual basis), an opinion not shared by my legal adviser.
If you are going to quote me at least get it right. It's right there in front of you. Btw I meant you are deeply disturbed at Dons post, not you as an individual. Would you agree with that? I think your carefully constructed media release and legal advice indicate that.
I respect the legalities that the forum must operate around, but seeking legal advice after Don's post...well thats just a bit precious imo, a mountain out of a molehill type situation. If Don's post was worthy of legal action well I'm going to hang up my keyboard and also make a pact to never go outside ever again just in case I look at somebody the wrong way and they sue me for all I got!

teecee
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
If you are going to quote me at least get it right. It's right there in front of you. Btw I meant you are deeply disturbed at Dons post, not you as an individual. Would you agree with that? I think your carefully constructed media release and legal advice indicate that.
I respect the legalities that the forum must operate around, but seeking legal advice after Don's post...well thats just a bit precious imo, a mountain out of a molehill type situation. If Don's post was worthy of legal action well I'm going to hang up my keyboard and also make a pact to never go outside ever again just in case I look at somebody the wrong way and they sue me for all I got!

I am not contemplating legal action That would invariably involve Harnesslink and this forum for publishing it. These are the very people I am trying to protect by deleting any suspect posts and posters, and have not sought legal advice specific to this but I am told it may be worthy of legal action hence it is deleted. We simply read the forum together and discuss our views on what is written is fair and basically within the rules.
Don is not banned but apparently left the forum. (his choice) and all that has happened is that his unhelpful post is deleted as it doesn't meet the rules of the forum
That said there is no need for you to take it to heart. Just remember it's impossible to erase what's written when it's easy to deny what's said.
I have many qualifications to my name after many many years of study but one I haven't is media journalism. I dont write media reports. I simply put my viewpoint so that all can hopefully understand it. What I write is what I mean and able to be quoted...you know!!!!!
Cheers