PDA

View Full Version : Captaintreacherous wins Woodrow Wilson

Triple V
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Cleared out to win the 309k Woodrow Wilson by open lengths in 1:49.3.
2yo colt, Somebeachsomewhere-Worldy Treasure-Artsplace.
The immeditate family of World Of Rocknroll & the same damline as Art Major, Perfect Art, Artriverderci, Michelles Revenge, Roberts Rage, Pans Pacific Flight etc.

Big Max
08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
I think it's fair to say that SBSW has had a brilliant start to his siring career,he reminds me alot of Christian Cullen as having something of an xfactor especially with Beach Towel on the mum's side who's not known as the greatest damsire in the world.Seems to have winners with lots of differently bred dams,i like that!

Triple V
08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeh, my intial impression is that he'll be like tmany of the Direct Scooter line horses we've seen here. He'll leave some ordinary ones like they all do along with quite a few pretty good ones but most crucially of all, like Christian Cullen and In The Pocket before him, it looks to me like he may have that rarest of siring talents, the ability to leave a superstar performer.
Given the depth of quality in the book of mares that he covered to produce the current crop he would want to be leading up the competition too, that's a given, but in the end they still have to go out and win. I haven't seen the horse in a picture or over the net on replay or live but on paper pedigree alone, Captaintreacherous has immense appeal.

Triple V
08-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey Rosario, just watched the replay. Man, is it worth a look. That's a wicked fast colt and he did it easy. Tetrick asked him to pace on just before the 3/4s & he puts two lengths on them in a couple of strides then turns on the afterburners down the Meadowlands stretch to score in a Stakes/Track Record for 2yo Pacing Colts. I read that he cost $250,000 as a yearling.

Big Max
08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah Jaimie i saw it and i love nothing more than when they get out and run like that,that is a serious racehorse with serious fast twitch muscles...