PDA

View Full Version : Meltons diner

justdoit
02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
All the comments made on the food at Melton are sad but true, it did make me laugh a little.

They do have good food and free drinks, in the Board Room. ahahaha

It give me the feeling that the powers are as I alway suspected saying F U punters, and you should
just be happy that you got a new track:)

Let's all move our horses to NSW......... In 3 years time.

nat
02-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Yes indeed Justdoit

Have been at Melton to many times and just felt like waiting to the end so I can drive out over the freeway bridge to McDonalds for a nutritious filling meal, was up at Echuca last night for the cup as low key as it was for a Wednesday night the food available was nothing less than a banquette compared to Melton's offering.

Do you want to go halfs in a BBQ we would clean up better than the Bookies and the Tote on a friday night(LOL)

justdoit
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi Nat,
Your comparison between Melton and Echuca says it all, the riverside townships track has very crap food. IMO

I'm keen to supply the BBQ, food etc if you can supply the labour.

triplev123
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I feel deeply sorry for my Victorian counterparts however I for one really appreciate the lack of vision that went into Melton.
I applaud the fact that widespread pleas from the Industry to build a 7/8ths mile 10 across the front track were completely ignored and they instead went with a narrow, 6 across the front 5/8ths mile leader biased track complete with a roof-less grandstand, dirty food vans & so on. All the fun of the Fair. You've gotta love it.
I say this because such a folly handed the Crown of the best Harness Racing Track in Australia to the state of the art 7/8ths mile 10 across the front & near 1/4 mile stretch Menangle track, as if there were ever any doubt. 'tis a glorious place indeed.
While Rex & the NSWHRC Crew will no doubt one day have their images cast in bronze, the casual observer is left to ponder as to what those who made the decisions that resulted in the current Melton format will have their respective images cast in. Something that is at least of a similar colour to aged bronze...perhaps? :rolleyes:

justdoit
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi TripleV123,
Yes you are correct and even a the NSW state of origin rugby team can win some times:)

aussiebreno
02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Read that they are holding a contest to name the new cafe/bar they are making. How does "Oh shit we screwed up the diner we better build a cafe" sound?

nat
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I just feel let down as a participant and enthusiast that the crown in the jewel for the state is so ordinary on the side of hospitality, that to the point I told a mate heading there for the first time to make sure he and his family were well fed before leaving home. Do they realize not everyone is going there just to get pissed and have a punt

buster
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
i think melton as a track is ok? i like the 1000m tracks as far as a punting goes...i didnt bet at menangle for the first 6 months as i waited for the form to settle down and i think drivers are still driving it wrong

and i know everyone was whining about menangle facilities, when still are, but has quieted down a bit because they are supposed to be being re built

and ill think youll find vic tab turnover is still massive compared to nsw on all events

nat
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Nothing against the track and love the racing but when you travel a few hours to go to the races and cannot get a simply filling good quick feed at the premier track well there is something to be said

One thing about the tracks in Vic most are 1000m tracks it give the trainers and drives easy adaptability for their horses from Melton to Cobram to Hamilton and the general punter can adapt easy to the horses form, as well several of the track are amongst the best in OZ.This will come in time in NSW with the funds from HP and upgrade to the country tracks

Maorisidol
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
With regards to this thread, how can the "powers that be" in charge of making the decisions on "vans", roofless grandstands etc etc, be informed of this groundswell of opinion?
On the Harnesslink main site there was an even angrier response to the article re "Built by HRV, named by harness racing fans" seen here, http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=87121

How can the tree be shaken so John Anderson and co read this, see this, even ACKNOWLEDGE this and heaven forbid, do something about this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????

buster
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
i would like to ask where in nsw can you get a meal other then crap fast food thats not even cheap? only penrith and menangle you can get a sandwich if your a trainer or driver

triplev123
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi TripleV123,
Yes you are correct and even a the NSW state of origin rugby team can win some times:)

Ah yes, it is but a distant memory these days Justdoit. The 'Footy' lost me long ago.
I can hand on heart state that I have not watched a game of League or Union in about 15 years. I have however watched & thoroughly enjoyed he NFL, Premier League & A League Soccer, Showjumping & Ice Hockey.
Particularly enjoy the International Show Jumping from various venues in Europe, there's one in Paris that is just incredible...great big old school glass roof over the arena... & I also really like watching the Showjumping and associated competitions from Spruce Meadows in the USA.

triplev123
02-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Read that they are holding a contest to name the new cafe/bar they are making. How does "Oh shit we screwed up the diner we better build a cafe" sound?

How about 'Six Deep & Screaming' in reference to the extreme difficulties experienced by patrons when attempting to secure refreshing beverages from the bar?

justdoit
02-11-2011, 09:44 PM
How can the tree be shaken so John Anderson and co read this, see this, even ACKNOWLEDGE this and heaven forbid, do something about this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????
One idea.
Friday night, get naked , take a run around the Melton track, write your food is crap on your back, tip off the news channels and papers.:)
Good Luck with it.