PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Reactor is back - big time!

Duane Ranger
02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=87259

triplev123
02-15-2011, 06:24 PM
You need to revise that Headline a bit Duane.

It should read Auckland Reactor is back- in yet another glorified Time Trial !

aussiebreno
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
You need to revise that Headline a bit Duane.

It should read Auckland Reactor is back- in yet another glorified Time Trial !
Lol.
Still good to know the American trip hasnt had any negative impacts on him and he is at least on par with what he was before he left.

mango
02-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Some people might call it a time trial, i'd like to have a horse who can beat Monkey King first up, i think Mark is a good judge of a horse and if he says the horse feels bigger and stronger than before i'd take his word for it. There is still along way to go so i suppose the next 2 months will be the telling factor.

Don Corleone
02-16-2011, 10:55 AM
It's just so cool to have AR back. A time trial ? Probably.....but small fields tend to be boring affairs anyway. Soon we'll see AR in a larger field but will the opposition be any stronger, I shouldn't think so. Nice to have him back, it simply adds more to what is looking like a top ID.

mango
03-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Looking at tonights run he will be pushing s.... up hill to be a real threat in the inter, i like the horse but over racing like that is a real problem and in the big races you will be chewed up and spat out the back as he was tonight. Good to see Power Of Tara get up.

Gtrain
03-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Im so so so sick of hearing about this horse. He runs some sensational sectionals but champions win when their not supposed to. They keep sticking the beak out no matter how tough the run. Thats what people love seeing. Thats why we love Blacky. Thats why we love Smoken up. It made Poppy a champ. Not an animal that can fly if everything is run to suit. Come on. Grand circuit horse yes. Champion..NO.
Ps, Can they now change the banner on this site the say the "Gold Coast AR is Back"

nat
03-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Your right on there Mango

I don't think he can race from back in the field should had been unleashed off the gate maybe instead of all those great wins by the length of the straight as a youngster maybe should have been teaching him some ring craft and how to survive back in the pack he went poor last night. Great tactics by the Hill team to have a crack but now they have to worry about some Aussie horses ITMQ top run coming from last speed on 3 and 4 wide beaten a head with the last half in 56.6 run up front boy he's looking sharp.

mango
03-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I can't wait to see Blackie, Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood over there knocking heads with the Kiwi's cause they are serious contenders. Mr Feelgood gets worked right handed in halfs in a minute so i hope he can handle it in halves of 55-56 cause thats what they will need to run the last half to have any chance.

Gtrain
You are correct, as much as i wanted him to win last night he stumbled and it is dissapointing as if he had of settled i think he could of been there in the finish.

triplev123
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I think that you're all being a bit harsh on Auckland Reactor.
Let's be fair. What genuine winning chance could he possibly have had last night?
Everyone knows that the NZ Navy's Hyperbaric Chamber in Calliope Rd, Devonport, Auckland is currently closed for routine maintenance. :p

mango
03-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey Triplev123

I think AR has a genuine chance of winning most races if he learns to settle and be a racehorse, i myself would love to see him settle and follow the speed as i do think he could real off a very fast last 1/4. But the question is will he ever settle or is he to use to been used as a one dimention horse (straight to the front) we all know he can run the time's and distance but MANNER'S is what he is lacking.

triplev123
03-06-2011, 01:58 PM
G'day Mango,

He's 5 or 6 isn't he? I have serious doubts that he'll ever back off now.
The late Charlie Parsons had a way of summing them up. "You can't un-ring a Bell" he'd say whilst hitting up yet another Marlboro.

mango
03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I suppose we will find out next fri night and if he doesn't race with manners he is in serious trouble.

justdoit
03-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I hope Auckland Reactor races really well for the new owners, it's a shame that Harness Links Editor is still trying to pump up his
soon to be announced stud career( Auckland Reactors not the editors).

mango
03-06-2011, 10:33 PM
It's been happening for a while maybe people wouldn't be so critical of the horse if people just let the horse do the talking on the track.

triplev123
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
G'day mango,

I can't blame JC for bursting with enthusiasm at the mere mention of AR. After all, when you consider thhe number of times the horse has been bought and sold with JC doing the deal on each occasion, it must be nothing short of a Bloodstock Agent's dream...it would be like selling Homing Pigeons. :p

smakman
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I know people will think I'm just tryinmg to make a bold statement... but seriously, Auckland Reactor is THE most overrated horse, thoroughbred or standardbred, I can recall. Ever. He's a very good horse, can run times, but they were saying he was NZ's best ever a year or two back. Wouldn't live with Cardigan Bay, Christian Cullen, Elsa, Young Quinn etc. Surely harness racing people know that!

I was not impressed he was a superstar when he was unbeaten. He got to the front, ran slick times, beat nothing. The moment the pressure came on, he fainted. He is why the term "flat track bully" was invented. Not sure where he stands in NZ ratings but he's not in the top 10 by a long way.

I missed his early wins and had heard the hype. I thought I was going to see something freskish but even his Derby win was just a fast time trial out in front. I thought, from early reports, he was Popular Alm and Cardigan Bay rolled into one. Please, he's just a very slick fast class pacer. Nothing more.

triplev123
03-12-2011, 06:52 AM
He should be re-named Ferdinand Demara.

mango
03-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Well Triple if i said what i think about A.R run last night i'd have to ban myself from this forum for use of profound language.

triplev123
03-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I heard a pretty funny & kind of applicable comment the other day which I can with 100% confidence attribute to Sydney driver Jimmy Brown.
A mate of mine and Jimmy were discussing the way that some of the lesser horses get a bit intimidated by the long stretch at Menangle & don't find the line very well...and Jimmy said something like "With some of them you have to paint a picture of the winning post on the inside of their blinkers".;););)