PDA

View Full Version : Wishing Stone

Ponder
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Will he prove too much for Lucky Chucky again this weekend at Lexington? Certainly appears the fresher and sharper of the two

Diamond Creek
10-21-2010, 01:01 PM
No question he is on his A game and looks to be the best of the division at the present time. He should be difficult to beat. Any horse that could make Rock N Roll Heaven tall and can beat the best of his generation gets huge props from me...Will be rooting for the "little guy" on Saturday

Miller10
10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Who is the best of this group? Doesn't seem like there is a clear stand out. I would be interested to hear what peoples thoughts are.

In recent years, with Donato, Dewey and Muscle Hill, seems like you hear people talking about these guys being the "best trotter of all time". Always makes me wonder, are they really that good or are they just better than their peers? How would they stand up against each other? Are they still superior on a 1/2 mile track? Or better yet, would they fall against the great Moni Maker? In my opinion, I don't know that they could handle her. It would be nice to see some of these champion 3-year-old boys face the best aged trotters of their time before they are hailed as one of the best trotters of all time.

Joe Fitz
10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
A look at the upcoming Bluegrass shows us how weak the 3 year old trotting colt division is. Break The Bank is the only legitimate top colt in the first division. Il Viillagio has talent but is either unsound or unbalanced, and Shaq Is Back has been ultra consistent in the NYSS. In the second division, it's Lucky Chucky and the late blooming Wishing Stone. Muscle Massive has been retired.

So, even though we have no "best trotter of all time" this year, the resulting parity is halfhearted and lopsided.