PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Earthquake

admin
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Christchurch was hit around midday today by a huge earthquake. The latest on the racing front is that the Addington is being used to house emergancy relief, and the PGG building in the centre of town was one of the worst hit, collapsed, reports from 3 news are that there is 1 dead and 30 trapped inside. 65 people are confirmed dead, as at 6pm.

The premier sale at Addington carried on.

Keep watching the homepage of Harnesslink (http://www.harnesslink.com) for more info as we hear it. We will try to have up to the minute reports as we hear it. Some articles will be updated so keep checking.

Our thoughts are with everybody affected.

nat
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM
To all my Kiwi friends and all New Zealanders my thought are with you in these tragic and testing times

triplev123
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Ditto Nat. The ANZAC spirit lies just below the surface and it shines through when things go to Hell in a hand cart. Did you see the blokes with bad cuts to their heads, their faces, arms etc that just wrapped their t-shirts and singlets around their wounds and then jumped in to try and help others that were worse off ? Now THAT is heart. Prayers required for NZ tonight.

mango
02-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Couldn't of said it any better Tripple/Nat, just seen the PGG building on t.v and the church in the city it's just unbelievable.

triplev123
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Those blokes who just kept going back in to the rubble to get their workmates and others out had really serious ticker Mango. Big-time admiration from here.
You know, Mrs Triple was there last Wednesday & Thursday on business & wandering down Colombo St. Brother was going to be there for the Sales but had to come back to Sydney. Timing is everything. Brett Coffey is still there now, poor bastard. Spoke to him a bit earlier, he's Ok, said it frightened the Hell out of him though. I think that stupid bloody red headed witch down in Canberra should take a spin over to the Treasury building on her broom and immediately cancel the $150 mil. a year that they inexplicably see fit to send off to all the crazies in the Jamai Islamia run Madrassas in Indonesia and divert the money to the people of Christchurch & surrounds. They're more than welcome to it.

mango
02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Don't get me started on the witch.

Don Corleone
03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone. I have been in Christchurch for the past 9 days and must say the pictures and images coming out of there, while terrible, do nothing to portray what the city is like.
I was having lunch in the central city when it struck and the cafe was completely destroyed and while I was only 'trapped' for 20 odd minutes it seemed a lifetime.
I must write a big thank you to all our Australian brothers who within hours were on site and working their butts off. They still are. Having gone back and given a hand for the next few days I can tell you the sight and sound of Australian voices and smiles is something that I shall never forget. As a former soldier and having served in South East Asia along side Aussies I can honestly say, us kiwis wouldn't want anyone else as neighbours.
Well done and thank you Australia.

nat
03-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Good to hear your ok Don

username
03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
incredible don, glad ur ok.