PDA

View Full Version : Denis Napthine now Premier

broncobrad
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
:confused: Whats going on in Victoria? Is this Federal politics being mirrored by the state? The bigger question for me is, now that Denis Napthine has been elevated to Premier, who (or what) becomes the Minister for Racing and how effective will they be in further funding/promotion/initiative/planning. From my vantage point Denis has done some great work in regard to supporting HRV and has been a good friend to the game. What comes next.:confused:

Triple V
03-07-2013, 07:14 PM
That was weird eh? The heading in one of the papers down there today was funny. Our Accidental Premier. Seriously though, geeze, Dr. D will want to prepare a bit better for his 2nd speech. He looked like a Deer in the headlights during his first one late last night...which was replayed soon afterwards on Paul Murray Live.

Toohard
03-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Retains position as minister for racing too. Can redirect some of those funds going to the arts for a roof on our stand?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Triple V
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Former Tassie Premier Paul Lennon was also the Racing Minister down there if I recall correctly. He was a Harness Racing man too which was good.