PDA

View Full Version : Fake Left as a broodmare sire

justdoit
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Any thoughts?

mango
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
He should do a good job as he served a heap of mare's in his day. Just of the top of my head For A Reason is out of a Fake Left mare.

triplev123
02-24-2011, 11:20 PM
He will get there on sheer weight of numbers justdoit, it's a foregone conclusion.
I'm not big on broodmare sires in general. I think they're verging on a myth. It's very, very rare that the leading sires of today do not front up to become the leading broodmare sires of tomorrow. To kind of underline that idea...I'm not saying it has never happened but I can't think of a single instance where a broodmare sire has come from the ranks of genuinely failed sires to subsequently make a really significant contribution to / lead up the broodmare sires list. That's also the reason why I don't really give a bugger about the damsires of sire prospects. For mine, they're all but irrelevant.

nat
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
As someone who is more interested in breeding the Fake Left mares at this time don't have that air apparent feel like Windshield Wiper, Falcon Seelster even Torado Hanover mare do and did. I Believe they will in time become a valuable commodity but movement at the station is slow at this time they just need that one big star and everyone will want and be breeding them.

mango
02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Kevin Seymour would probably have some of the best of the Fake Left mare's but there are alot of average one's out there. Some people think because they have a Fake Left mare they are worth good money i seen 1 on the trading ring about 6 months ago it was unraced out of a dam that had 9 foals for 2 winners and they weren't that great and they wanted $4,000 for her empty all i could think of was that movie the Castle TELL THEM THERE DREAMIN.

triplev123
02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
I think it's a really curious thing the way in which a buzz develops about some broodmares sires.
Having seen a few of these 'anointings' over the years, Thor Hanover, Overtrick, New York Motoring and now, Fake Left...hmmmm, crazy stuff because it invariably amounts no nothing extraordinary. To further illustrate the irrelevance of the damsires of sires idea that I mentioned before...
Abercrombie (Duane Hanover) Albatross (Dancer Hanover) Art Major & McArdle (Nihilator) both Artiscape & Four Starzzz Shark (On The Road Again) Bettor's Delight (Armbro Emerson) Camluck (Striking Image) Cam's Card Shark (BG's Bunny) Cambest (Harold J) Christian Cullen (Bo Scot's Blue Chip) Dragon Again (Towner's Big Guy) Dream Away (Forrest Skipper) Grinfromeartoear (Storm Damage) In The Pocket (Tar Heel) Jate Lobell (Blaze Pick) both No Nukes & Falcon Seelster (Overtrick) The Panderosa (Coal Harbor) and so on...plus there'd be a slew of newer and as yet unproven horses such as Somebeachsomewhere (Beach Towel) Jereme's Jet (Sporstmaster) etc. To my knowledge not a single one of those damsires is a link in any currently active or prominent/commercial sireline. None of them have been able to extend their influence.

mightymo
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
the numbers thing does have some merit, but already Fake Left mares have produced quality horses in : I am Sam, Villagem, All Promises, For A reason, Make Mine Cullen, Devilish Smile to name just a few

nat
02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens even down to the demographics of what state most of his mares are in and what will they be breeding to. Where as stallions like Armbro Operative, Safely Kept even Village Jasper have a plethora of mares in Victoria with a wide range of quality stallion on tap.

triplev123
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
That's the hook Nat. Right on the money.

nat
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Well I guess a fair whack of them in QLD and nothing wrong with that with AI but breeding can be a laborious task when dealing with different states and countries with a whole aray of futurities to pay for

We all know the task's of Fake Left and I have no doubts that he will be an outstanding Broodmare sire but it comes down to opportunities, I was alerted to the fact of the number of horses being bred and branded in each state the other day and if your in a state that buys and not breeds there will be plenty of these mares in back paddocks and going to pony club each week and not the breeding barn.

justdoit
02-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello All,
The bigger number of broodmares by him would give some an advantage, why is there not an E-Nicks type service? or is there.:):)

nat
02-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi Justdoit

Definitely numbers do help but where and what they are bred to would be a great help to

I know what you are saying about E-Nicks and there is another Thoroughbred site http://formguide.cyberhorse.com.au/ (mhtml:{BC2CC5F6-B41E-484E-9F48-97579C39301E}mid://00000012/!x-usc:http://formguide.cyberhorse.com.au/) that would be handy if there was a Standardbred site like this

mango
02-25-2011, 11:41 PM
It sure is a numbers game and any sire with the numbers on the ground will always be a success to a certain extent. Would love to know how many mare's on the ground he has and how many of his daughters produced winners by Perfect Art or Art Major.