PDA

View Full Version : Stallion selection

Marlens
05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I have a mare by Camelot hall out of Riggs. I am looking for a suitable stallion for the coming breeding season. Have been thinking about Changeover however he is still an unknown. Any ideas?

mango
05-11-2013, 09:06 AM
I have seen a few yearling's by Changeover and they were good types like himself, i've only seen one during the breaking in stage and it was a natural pacer from day one. I was at Nevele R a couple of year's ago and i got a surprise as to how big and well put together he was. The other thing to note would be that stallion's at stud by ITP have done a great job such as Christian Cullen and Courage Under Fire so one would expect to see Changeover get his fair share of winner's, he is at a reasonable price so he might be worth a go with your mare.

Richard prior
05-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi Mark, have a look at Dali. He has quite a few strong influences that should link to your mare very nicely.

Marlens
05-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks Richard and Dallas for your comments. I have decided to send My mare to Always A Virgin. He provides an opportunity to some of the breeding lines that Richards suggested and has done a sensational job with his first crop. The team at PepperTree have also been fantastic and very helpful and I think that is always going to be a plus in terms of knowing the care that your mare will receive.

Triple V
05-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Richard and Dallas for your comments. I have decided to send My mare to Always A Virgin. He provides an opportunity to some of the breeding lines that Richards suggested and has done a sensational job with his first crop. The team at PepperTree have also been fantastic and very helpful and I think that is always going to be a plus in terms of knowing the care that your mare will receive.

[VVV] GREAT GAITED horse was Always A Virgin...really lovely way of going. You're halfway there already Mark.