PDA

View Full Version : The Big Guns

Ziggy
03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Just interested to hear everyones thoughts on the big guns

Im themightyquinn Friday night gallant in defeat.

Smoken Up's first up run the Geelong after a short break. Breaks track record on a track he doesn't handle all that well.

And Blackie being beaten by Be good Johnny

Oh and cant have a thread without a little Auckland Reactor banter, just doesn't have any manners when back in the field.

Is Mr Feelgood still going to Auckland I remember reading somewhere that there were doubts??

aussiebreno
03-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Just interested to hear everyones thoughts on the big guns

Im themightyquinn Friday night gallant in defeat.

Smoken Up's first up run the Geelong after a short break. Breaks track record on a track he doesn't handle all that well.

And Blackie being beaten by Be good Johnny

Oh and cant have a thread without a little Auckland Reactor banter, just doesn't have any manners when back in the field.

Is Mr Feelgood still going to Auckland I remember reading somewhere that there were doubts??
Missed the ITMQ race...ran on good from all reports

Smoken Up great run...cant get around a bend to save his life but went great! Captain Joys best ever in open grade.

Half missed the Blackie race...disapointing but musnt be at peak fitness after his problems

Disapointing AR cant settle

Mr Feelgood is doubtful at this stage as they arent confident on his ability going the wrong way...but with Washakie going across I see no reason as to not even try him.

mango
03-06-2011, 08:26 AM
ITMQ great run and will only get better

Smoken Up/Captain Joy agree with Aussiebreno on this one.

Blackie went good and will only get better, it was Be Good Johnny's pet distance so i wouldn't say Blackie was disapointing i'd say Be Good Johnny was fitter and ready to race.

AR pulled like a steam train and Mark has a lot of work to do ?

Mr Fellgood/Washakie they trialled last night and ran the last half in 54.5 so i'd say he will be going.

mightymo
03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
there is absolutely no doubt on Mr Feelgood. he will be racing on Fri and then in the ID's

mango
03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi Migtymo

I'm not worried about Mr Feelgood on fri night i'm more worried about your tips and inside info for thursday lol.

mightymo
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
3 winners!!! :):)

mango
03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
That's the spirit i might have to drive over and get on with the bookies.

mightymo
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
the last one is likely to be very short though

buster
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
last 2 will be fav's and short, first one might be backable with turnbulls in it - but with luke driving them they will have plenty of tab outlet money on them

nat
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I would say ITMQ would be the one to follow at odd's will only sit sprint in this class and showed on Friday night that he can come from last and nearly win what will happen when the pace is on with a few more decent horses in the field this track really suites him.

mightymo
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
last 2 will be fav's and short, first one might be backable with turnbulls in it - but with luke driving them they will have plenty of tab outlet money on them

unfotunately last one will be scratched. Nothing major will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so

Luke wont be driving. Ben Sarina will be as Luke is going to be in NZ

mango
03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi Mightymo

Ben Sarina will do the job, i'd like to see him drive a bit more as he goes good.

triplev123
03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Speaking of Drivers...how about the steer Greg Sugars gave Sushi Sushi in NZ?
Very, very polished, great hands, a great judge of pace.

btw, I know I've said it before but how much does that colt look like his Dam?

mango
03-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey Triple

Didn't see her race but i was at a friends for dinner fri night and thats exactly what he said.

buster
03-08-2011, 01:17 AM
unfotunately last one will be scratched. Nothing major will have to wait for another 2 weeks or so

Luke wont be driving. Ben Sarina will be as Luke is going to be in NZ

And according to the results your girl in WA won her trial by 500 metres

triplev123
03-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Hey Triple

Didn't see her race but i was at a friends for dinner fri night and thats exactly what he said.

I made a point of going to see her first start...it was at Bankstown in this bloody awful dust storm on a terrible windy night, September 8th, 1992...and she absolutely bolted in, BPH in the bike. At the time I think she was still only a 2yo by years/months/weeks/days but she was in against the 3yos+. I remember going have a look at her in the stables before the race & all I could see was this big, black thing silhouetted against the redish dusty sky. I can still clearly see that vision in my head now, like it was yesterday.
She should have won the 1993 Miracle Mile but could not get out from behind Chokin who walked in 2:00.0. She was pulling triple and would have killed them had she seen daylight. Another big night was when her owner, Trevor Swan, drove her to take out the Newcastle Mile by a neck over Our Sir Vancelot. A wonderfully talented mare.

mango
03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Where would i find some old footage of this mare racing.

mightymo
03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
sometimes they dont worry about margins, but she obviously had a lap on them!:):)

She will race on Sat at GP

triplev123
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Have to make a correction Mango. I spoke to Trevor this morning said she was closer to a 4yo when she started racing. I always thought she was at least a year behind them. He said he would have liked to have raced her earlier but she took so long to get to the races because she was a real handful, kept smashing up jog carts and race bikes. As for footage of her racing, I have no idea. I have looked on Youtube but nothing there. Maybe Harbour TV would have some in their archives ? Very nice people to deal with. Their phone number is 0246 571 483.