PDA

View Full Version : Great days racing at Pinjarra Paceway

Mighty Atom
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
A great day all round at Pinjarra Paceway today,highlighted by "Can Return Fires"1.53.9 and "David Hercules"1.52.7.If only we could have a Melton or preferably a Menangle track over here in the West you would see some super times.:confused:

buster
03-08-2011, 12:00 AM
They must be 3 yr old fillies to be running those times...

buster
03-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Oh right yes that's the best the west has to offer

Mighty Atom
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Oh right yes that's the best the west has to offer
Your superior tracks make a lot of your average horses look good.

Mighty Atom
03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
David Hercules 1.52.7 would probably equate to a 1.51.7 at Menangle. Apart from 3 or 4 good horse's the rest were average.

buster
03-08-2011, 03:13 PM
David Hercules 1.52.7 would probably equate to a 1.51.7 at Menangle. Apart from 3 or 4 good horse's the rest were average.
well WA has 1 good horse - ITMQ

Mighty Atom
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
So have the Vics-"Smoken Up".After watching your presentation of top FFAllers in the Geelong Cup I'm certain you haven't any others. They must have spent the following day recovering on the oxygen mask. Sorry, I forgot about "Sushi Sushi", so you have two.

buster
03-08-2011, 03:41 PM
they are metro FFA horses smoken up was racing - not open class horses

aussiebreno
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Didnt Washakie; QLDs third stringer win two or three Grand Circuit events over there in the past couple seasons. (YES he's ex WA and still WA owned blah blah but he is now based out of QLD) while a mare won another GC race? Lol WA is super strong..NOT.

mango
03-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi Aussiebreno

Your right WA is not super strong with the exception of a couple of horses but i love watching Gloucestar Park trots, they attack keep comming around and even sit 3 wide for the last lap and a half on a 1/2 mile track for me thats great racing.

nat
03-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Did he also win one in NSW beatin BAF?

aussiebreno
03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Did he also win one in NSW beatin BAF?

Yes, when BAF gave him a 5 length headstart at the 400 and was 4 or 5 wide. And that wasnt the BAF who won the 4 IDs, that was the BAF who had Smoken Up sit outside him and beat him.

Mighty Atom
03-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I think Washakie has elevated himself to second in Queensland.I still have trouble calling all these horses,ITMQ,Smoken Up,Mr Feelgood,Washakie etc Australian horses. Washakie had 23 starts in New Zealand,how does that make him Australian. They are N.Z. horses trained in Australia and representing individual states.I also think that Washakie would probably have the measure of most of the open class horses over there including Smoken Up particularly if Smoken Up races in the death.

Mighty Atom
03-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I have stated before that Blacks A Fake is the best horse ever to race in Aust but his days at the top are over. He is no longer the unbeatable champion and that is why Washakie has to be elevated to second in Queensland. Never said W.A. racing is super strong but hey when an eleven year old and a ten year old finishes 1,2 at Albion Park last Saturday night it doesn't say much for the rest of them.It is absolutely crucial that a high quality race track is established in W.A. When I say you would see some super times its because we have the climatic conditions. I do not think the ID's should be allowed to be held on a 800 metre track(I think it is G.P's turn next year) so that rules them out.

aussiebreno
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Using a beloved WA example didnt Village Kid run his fastest ever mile at age 12?
The last W.A Inter wasnt so bad...Jofess beat Falcon Strike by a nose and then is was a nose to Sokyola and Mister DG wasnt it? Or maybe it was Double Identity up close.

MightyAtom use this as a reference...Kevin Peitersen, Andrew Strauss were born in South Africa..might have played junior cricket or whatever I dont know...they know play for England. Therefore Washakie is now a QLDer...and the third best ;) ..one defeat when first up after a few problems doesnt constitute a horse dropping down the list imo.

Village Kid
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=aussiebreno;3929]Using a beloved WA example didnt Village Kid run his fastest ever mile at age 12?

Thats right my name sake was 13 when he beat his own p.b by running 1:55.1 in a time trial..Ran a tick over 1:55 when winnning the ID Grand Final 7 years earlier in Brisbane, a track record that stood for years.

I love watching Gloucester Park racing and the atmosphere there is terrific but agree that running an ID there is a bit unfair - barriers become too crucial. Its ok when you have a champ like the Imthmightyquinn who is superior to the local opposition and can overcome tricky barriers, but when you have 10 superstars running around in a Grand Final drawing the pole shouldn't be so crucial

Jofess was not the horse he was 12-18 mths earlier when he won his ID back in 2004, however because he drew the pole and was able to (just barely) hold the inside running to the first turn he was able to lead and then win. Was a great race though.