PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Interdominion Thoughts

Village Kid
03-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys

Just wondering your thoughts on which Kiwi horses best handle the Alexandra Park circuit, and are there any horses who would have been a threat at Christchurch who have now had their chances diminished by the change in venue?

Thinking of horses mainly like Monkey King and I Can Doosit.

Cheers

buster
03-20-2011, 10:41 PM
mr feelgood wins easily

Mighty Atom
03-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Shock/Horror, I actually agree with buster on this one

nat
03-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Without seeing and fields my thoughts that there are a few horse that bring the heat Smoken Up, Blacks A Fake, Mr Feelgood, Washakie, Power Of Tara and even Auckland Reactor (he has fired up in the past and run others and himself into the ground) that like to race up front just think if they all made the final who going to yield at the front? sets it up for the sit sprinter for mine I love that sweeping home turn into that long wide straight ITMQ & Monkey King type horse will take advantage of truly run races.

Mighty Atom
03-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Hi Nat, I do agree with you on Monkey King & ITMQ but I just feel that ITMQ is not finishing off as brilliantly as he has in the Vic Cup & Hunter. He's had a long campaign and I think Gary Hall jnr may have had this in the back of his mind when he said he'd had enough on the line. But there again he said the horse would further improve.

nat
03-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Couldn't say for sure but I would say a mini let up after the cup would had been in order for ITMQ at least he is there about more so than Monkey King at the minute. Might not be these 2 but there are a few in the series that have devastating sprint when taken quietly

Village Kid
03-21-2011, 01:01 AM
And all the Kiwi horses are euqally adept going both ways of going? Just wondering as I know a lot of throughbreds handle the Sydney way but no the Melbourne way and vice versa, I remember Poppy couldn't get around Alexandra Park, Blossom Lady from her memory wasn't her best going that way and Lombo Pocket Watch didn't relish it in his Derby campaign against Changevoer a few seasons back..are there any locals that fit that mold this season that should be avoided?

Cheers

Don Corleone
03-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Village, All the kiwi horses are fine going that way. Most race that way quite often now as a lot of our quality races are held in Auckland. You do need a couple of runs going that way just to get the feel for it. Any horse that may have had a question mark have been withdrawn. Great Series coming up and looking foward to it.

mango
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Don

Has there been any news on how A.R is comming along after his below par performances.

nat
03-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Has BAF had his workout in Auckland yet? and did anyone turn out to watch?

kilcoyne
03-21-2011, 01:16 PM
This would have to be the most disappointing Interdom every. Withdrawals will mean only 2 heats so the Aussies seem to have us kiwis over a barrel. Aussies to fill 4 of the first 5 placings with Monkey King being the first Kiwi.

mango
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Kilcoyne

Yes it looks like the Aussies have you over a barrel but there are some up and comming kiwi horses (Smiling Shard) in the field that with the right luck through out the series you never know you might get 2 horses in the top 5. And Smiling Shard also drew well in the 1st heat.

nat
03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I know I shouldn't say it but I'm not sold on BAF being back his last couple of runs you know he's just tradesman like won his old self he would had crushed BGJ I hope I am wrong as the people of NZ deserve to see BAF on his game an awesome sight when he's cruising

peacheymagic
03-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I think Sovreignty becomes a winning chance now the interdoms are at alex park can't see a kiwi winning the pacers though.

nat
03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
To be honest haven't seen much of Sovreignty his run last week was frightening the way he composed himself after a break and flew home my question is dose he break in running often and what makes him do it under pressure/high speed/mental he looks the goods and I cannot wait to see Annicka race, the trotter is shaping up as the most exciting event.

peacheymagic
03-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I read that the trainer Sean Mcafferey thought he broke last week because of his shoes which have now been changed. In his younger days he was prone to breaking but as he has matured his breaking has become less frequent. He loves Alex park and has really stepped up lately.

nat
03-22-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't know why with a sprint like that he wouldn't be racing him like ITMQ boy he flew home if he stays down its not home and hosed for us Aussies

Mighty Atom
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I,ll give out the quinella in pacers ID.......1st Mr Feelgood
2nd Smiling Shard
3rd ITMQ

aussiebreno
03-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I,ll give out the quinella in pacers ID.......1st Mr Feelgood
2nd Smiling Shard
3rd ITMQ
thats a trifecta........................

nat
03-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Pacers

Heat 1

Smoken Up
Mr Feelgood
Captain Peacock/Villagem

Heat 2 (hard heat)

Im Themightyquin
Blacks A Fake
Choise Achiever/Washakie

nat
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Trotters

Heat 1

Sundons Giftt
Annicka
I Can Doosit/Ronrail(Kerryn's on him)/Ima Gold Digger

Heat 2

Sovereignty
Let Me Thru
Danny Cash

Don Corleone
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
While I think the Inter Dom favourites are all the obvious ones, I think Franco Jamar is a smokey..................

mango
03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi Don

My smokey is Smiling Shard.

Don Corleone
03-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey Mango I do think the four year olds this year will have a good hand to play.

Mighty Atom
03-24-2011, 03:08 AM
aussiebrenn
thats a trifecta........................
Hi aussiebreno, yeah, I know,but I'm feeling super confident so I thought I'd throw in an extra one for good measure.

nat
03-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Bring It On already

What a weekend of racing starting on Friday gunna need matchstick for the eyes.

mango
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Nat

Try supa glue it lasts longer.

nat
03-25-2011, 09:42 AM
As well as fitting work in will be on a mission leaving work late this afternoon (dont worry the recorder will catch anthing I miss) might just catch the trotters first heat I hope.

aussiebreno
03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Who the f*** schedules a preseason footy game to coincide with the inter heats....my team thats who :(
So will it be general soreness, a mystery illness or a family commitment that rules me out of the game?

nat
03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Want to see Blacky race well for the Kiwi's so they have the memories like most of us who have seen him race live do, they have missed seeing a truly great horse when he was at his peak. These are the things ID's are about I've been to a few of them and they are the first things I remember when thinking back. For those Kiwi's out there if you can go and support the ID11 and see this bunch of trotters and pacer as I am jealous this is collectively some of the best horses coming together for years.

nat
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
My team lost last night so footy's over this weekend for me thank god

aussiebreno
03-25-2011, 10:07 AM
My team lost last night so footy's over this weekend for me thank god
As in Richmond?

Go the blues :D

Don Corleone
03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok I know next to nothing about footy but I have always followed St Kilda !!! Now on to another topic I know next to nothing about but one of which I have been involved with for over 40 years so,

Pacer I want to see win the ID final = Blacks A Fake
Pacer I think will win = Mr Feelgood
Trotter I want to see win trot final = Sundon's Gift
Trotter I think will win = Sovereignty
Looking forward to watching - wish I was there...............................

mango
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Don

Can't wait heading over next thursday to watch the last heat and then down to Queenstown for 2 nights jet boating and bungy jumping and then back to Christchurch for 2 nights go to Nevele R Stud, hopefully M.Purdon's and to Ashburton trots on the Tuesday, back to Auckland on Wednesday and whilst up there i'm going to Alabar, Breckon Farms, Cambridge trots Thursday night and maybe G.Smalls for a look. 8 different flight's from when i leave home and one helicopter ride so it will be full on.

aussiebreno
03-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok I know next to nothing about footy but I have always followed St Kilda !!! Now on to another topic I know next to nothing about but one of which I have been involved with for over 40 years so,

Pacer I want to see win the ID final = Blacks A Fake
Pacer I think will win = Mr Feelgood
Trotter I want to see win trot final = Sundon's Gift
Trotter I think will win = Sovereignty
Looking forward to watching - wish I was there...............................
Good idea...
Pacer want to win = BAF
Think will win = ITMQ or Mr Feelgood. Villagem a smoky
Trotter I want to win = Sundons Gift/Let Me Thru
Trotter I think will win = Let Me Thru

nat
03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Hi Aussiebreno

Yes it is the Mighty Tigers
Are you my Lex Luther? GRRRRRRRR LOL

nat
03-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Boy who seen that coming thats why the trotter series is the most interesting Dr Hook (what a name)

nat
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi Mango

You dont need a personal aid or is there any room in your suitcase for this trip

Realy jelouse now

Ps. if you make it to Purdon wisper in that AR's ear and tell him to wake up to himself lol

Don Corleone
03-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey Mango - Have a good one! You'll have a ball. Wrap up for Queenstown its been COLD down this way. After tonights heats I am thinking very seriously of finding something very important to do in Auckland in a couple of weeks. Can't let Blackie be this close without seeing him in the flesh.

mango
03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Nat

Sorry can't fit you in my bag as i'm taking Don's advice and packing some warm clothes.

Hi Don

Yeah been to Queenstown before at this time of year, i'll have the beanie on when jet boating.

nat
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Pacers

Heat 3

Themightyquinn
Mr Feelgood
Villagem

Heat 4

Smoken Up
Blacks A Fake
Washakie

Trotters

Heat 3

Ronerail
Sovereignty (He's hot if he trott's)
Dr Hook

Heat 4

Let Me Thru
I Can Doosit
Annicka

aussiebreno
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Far out he is fast!

nat
04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
That he is now people might stand up and listen a good one trick pony is worth his weight in gold!!!!

triplev123
04-02-2011, 06:17 AM
The most staggering thing is that I've got Mr Feelgood as having gone through the first 3/4's of his last mile in 1:30 & a piece yet depite those very, very soft fractions ITMQ still gunned him down. Incredible stuff. That horse could damned near pace a hole in the wind for a quarter and last night, to get from where he was to where he ultimately ended up I reckon he has gone his final 8th in a tick or two over 12 seconds. That's wicked speed.

Village Kid
04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Mr Feelgood now a maiden after 10 New Zealand runs - he was reborn when sent up north to the McCarthy's in the warmer climate, just wonder if the longer he stays in New Zealand, the less his chances are?

ITMQ brilliant win, so good to see a horse with such high speed, thought BAF was much improved, and should hopefully peak for the final.

As obvious as it sounds the barrier draw will help determine if this is a Smoken Up/ITMQ benefit, or if this is one of the better finals of modern times. If BAF draws to find the fence and lead, and Smoken Up/ITMQ draws the back row, then suddenly the whole complexion of the race changes.

mango
04-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Seen the race's live and ITMQ has wicked speed but i like the run of Black's A Fake and Mr Feelgood. I went down to the stable's after the race and couldn't believe how quite Mr Feelgood is as Belinda was walking him around she stopped for a chat for about 10mins and the horse just stood there and being a stallion i was expecting him to play up when other horses were walking around him but it doesn't faze him. Black's A Fake got to see him up close and i can't believe how big he is and i think he will only be better for that run so look out next week.