PDA

View Full Version : ID Heats tonight...above all else, Smiling Shard

triplev123
03-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Tonight's ID Pacing Heats are a little bit of a yawn for me aside from seeing whether or not Smiling Shard steps up to the Class. I hope that he does, I think he will....so his race is the most interesting thing on my Radar for this evening.

Greg Hando
03-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Mr Feelgood very impressive first up no real slick times but a good blowout
Sundon's Gift very poor
Smoken Up, The Quinn,Blackie,Villagem and Washakie good Track work

nat
03-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Blacky still a couple length short of his best but they did sprint home and thats not his go.

Greg Hando
03-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Yep agree Nat that's why is was just like trackwork surely it will be better racing when their is a genuine speed on up front

nat
03-25-2011, 11:16 PM
For sure I love Blacky but to me he's not right and even then he's better that most of them.

nat
03-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Happy for Lance I would like him to win the lot he's has worked hard at the game at the top level most of his life and when he wasnt he was working towards it

mango
03-26-2011, 06:53 AM
ITMQ as to be expected when getting a dream run, very dangerous horse when has cover.

Smoken Up Went good but was never tested.

Blacks A Fake will be better for the run.

Mr Feelgood wasn't knocked around.

Washakie's run was good.

It was good to see the young brigade Captain Peacock and choise Achiever run good race's.

Lack lusture performance goes to Smiling Shard and Sundon's Gift they have a lot of work to do.

buster
03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
sundons gift obviously sick, far too good to stop like that

triplev123
03-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Disappointed in Smiling Shard. Didn't expect him to win but didn't expect the kind of nothing come wet tea towel effort either. Need to watch the replay but on the face of it...:(:(:(
By the way, Jnr has ITMQ absolutely RAZOR SHARP. He looked GOOD.

Village Kid
03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=triplev123;4516]Disappointed in Smiling Shard. Didn't expect him to win but didn't expect the kind of nothing come wet tea towel effort either. Need to watch the replay but on the face of it...:(:(:(

I had a watch of the race a couple of times triplev and the run wasn't as bad as it first appeared. It was basically a sprint home, anything back in the field failed to make ground but Smiling shard was making good ground when he ran out of galloping room with about 100 metres to go. Definitely should have beaten Sleepy Tripp and Power to Tara home, might have made it interesting with Blackie for 4th..

Defimnite forgive run in my amateur opinion.

aussiebreno
03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=triplev123;4516]Disappointed in Smiling Shard. Didn't expect him to win but didn't expect the kind of nothing come wet tea towel effort either. Need to watch the replay but on the face of it...:(:(:(

I had a watch of the race a couple of times triplev and the run wasn't as bad as it first appeared. It was basically a sprint home, anything back in the field failed to make ground but Smiling shard was making good ground when he ran out of galloping room with about 100 metres to go. Definitely should have beaten Sleepy Tripp and Power to Tara home, might have made it interesting with Blackie for 4th..

Defimnite forgive run in my amateur opinion.
Put the hopples on him and see how he goes boom boom tish

triplev123
03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
That's pretty fair comment VK. Watched the replay a couple of times and he didn't have a lot of opportunity to get into the fray. A mate of mine also rightly reminded me of the IMMENSE step up from Age Group to Open Company that every 4yo faces. 'Immediately coming to mind' wise I don't have too many...if any contenders...that went from 3yo killer to Open/FFA/ID star at 4yrs. I think Smiling Shard has the guns. I'd love to see him get the chance to aim up.

aussiebreno
03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
That's pretty fair comment VK. Watched the replay a couple of times and he didn't have a lot of opportunity to get into the fray. A mate of mine also rightly reminded me of the IMMENSE step up from Age Group to Open Company that every 4yo faces. 'Immediately coming to mind' wise I don't have too many...if any contenders...that went from 3yo killer to Open/FFA/ID star at 4yrs. I think Smiling Shard has the guns. I'd love to see him get the chance to aim up.
Shakamaker! Was CCs Miracle Mile at 4.
Shows how hard it is doesnt it!

Village Kid
03-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Shakamaker! Was CCs Miracle Mile at 4.
Shows how hard it is doesnt it!

I remember the first ID I saw from New Zealand growing up was 1991 at Alexandra Park, Mark Hanover Christopher Vance and Franco Ice ran the Trifecta and pretty sure they were all 4 Yr olds!! Westburn Grant stepped straight into Grand Circuit Company the year before at 4, and My Ligthning Blue a couple of years earlier went straight into top company aswell, was he 4 when he won the ID?

Seems these days with the advent of the Beeeders Crown and the Jewels etc plus the Chariots of Fire theres not the incentive to run 4 Yr Olds against the best FFA'ers as theres plenty of money to be had running against your own age group. Smiling Shard has already run 2nd in a Hunter Cup, so the talent and toughenss is there, if he sneaks into the final and gets a good draw who knows? Definitely the year to have a go!!

triplev123
04-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Not to take anything away from Smoken Up...but a VERY good effort from Smiling Shard last night, early-ish move to the breeze, parked Washakie and fought on gamely for 3rd behind a couple of Big Boys in a loose on the lead Smoken Up and a tripped out Blacks A Fake. Good aggressive drive by Dexter Dunn too. Put the horse into the race and gave him a chance to shine. Faith restored. :D