PDA

View Full Version : Art Major

eliteblood
03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
The Bathurst Gold Crown finals last night further emphasized the impact that Art Major is having on the Australian breeding scene.
Soho Valencia was super impressive winning the 2YO colts, death seating for the whole trip before striding away in the straight. He is one of an incredible 23 2YO winners to date for Art Major that includes the also super impressive colt Restrepo and very promising filly Louvre.
Sushi Sushi has been the outstanding 3YO in Australia this season but last night Oscar Lane showed that he also has plenty of ability leading throughout for a convincing win in the 3YO colts final.
(Is it only two years ago following the 2009 Gold Crown that someone boldly declared that Art Major colts were hopeless)
With For A Reason widely acclaimed to be Australia's best 4YO, Art Major is clearly the hottest sire in Australia right now and in only three years has noticably raised the bar with respect to the quality of Australian bred pacers.

buster
03-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Is it true to say 90% of his good ones are flying this time of year rather then later in the season.. He didn't have a winner at the breeders crown or bar sushi sushi the kiwi juveniles are just better than ours

eliteblood
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
The kiwis have won 1 of the last 8 Vic Derbies and 1 of the last 6 NSW Derbies. That doesn't support the view that their juveniles are just better than ours.
Do they have a 4YO that is any better then For A Reason?
Do they have a 3YO that is any better then Sushi Sushi?
Do they have a 2YO that is any better then Restrepo / Soho Valencia ?

Reverse the barrier draws at the Breeders Crown last year and I have no doubt that Sushi Sushi would have beaten Royal Verdict.

buster
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
sushi sushi lead and had his chance in the breeders crown....had zero excuses, esp when mark purdons horse had his wheel destroyed and had no chance

how many nz oaks and derbies have been won by aussies in the last 10 years?

and yes it could be said that fly like an eagle (although aussie bred) is up to restrepo, and they will have no doubt have another 3 or 4 as good as him or better yet to race

sir lincoln was never beaten by for a reason? smiling shard was only beaten when he was injured, devil dodger, gomeo romeo, russely rascal, franco jamar, captain peacock - all up to for a reason

eliteblood
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Let's see how the Art Major's and the kiwi's fair at this years breeders crown.
Had Sushi Sushi drawn inside Royal Verdict last year who do you think would have won the race?

buster
03-27-2011, 01:21 PM
and what if sushi sushi drew 14 in the northern derby and terror to love had draw 1 and ended up behind the leader? be here all day saying what if

the kiwis will win more then half the races on breeders crown day, as they always do

mango
03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Buster

On what i seen friday night you could add Choise Achiever to that list.

Hi Eliteblood

For A Reason is one special horse and people do rate him as the best 4yr old in Australia but he won't get it all his own way when he race's Lanercost.

triplev123
03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
You all saw THE BEST son of Art Major in the Southern Hemisphere win the Gold Challice at Bathurst and yet still you're not believers.
The betting should have been reversed, SSL at $3.70 and Oscar at $1.80.
To paraphrase The Hilltop Hoods...His blood runs blue like he cut up a Tattoo. His story hasn't changed with accolades, he's still standing...and he'll be back again.
Cop that BJ88.

buster
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
he would have been 1.50 if they knew alford would let him walk to the lead

triplev123
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Hahahahahahahaha. Historical Revision. The last refuge of scoundrels. That's a Greens/ Labor Party Left-Wing routine. You can do better than that Buster.

mango
03-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Triple

So your saying he's better than Sushi Sushi and For A Reason, for me he has a lot more to prove then running fast time's and winning the Chalice i think you are right he is going to be a very good horse but he is not the best son of Art Major in the Southern Hemisphere yet.

mightymo
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Triple have you been drinking again??

Oscar is a very nice horse indeed, but he is not in the same league as For a reason and Sushi. Not yet anyway.

Can you imagine what they would have done to that filed last night???

buster
03-28-2011, 12:22 AM
triple v your out of this world if you thought before the race alford would hand up to him

triplev123
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Some see what is & ask how while others see what can be and ask why not.
Buster, right from the moment the draw was released, that very scenario was looming large like the result of the NSW Election.
If you genuinely think otherwise then you'd best take a ticket and stand in line with the Trotguide & the daily paper morning line Tipsters, all of whom it should be noted were so damned razor sharp that they didn't even pick him him the 1st 3 or 4. $4.40 Fixed I believe. That's why they call it 'racing' Buster. Things are never, ever that cut & dried. That's why they hand out the prize money cheques AFTERWARDS, not beforehand.

nat
03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey Triplev123 I hope your not Reactoring this pour young steed to soon a bit Lol

What dose everyone think of the mares as broodmare potential and will they be in demand is it a good time to be collecting ornaments for the paddock?
What do you think they will cross with?

mango
03-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Nat

They should make brood mare's as there is enough of them around, i think it's to early to know what they will cross with i suppose if i had one i'd be leaning towards Rocknroll Hanover as he has clicked with Artsplace mare's so there know reason that he won't click with mare's by Artsplace son's but who know's.

eliteblood
03-29-2011, 10:17 AM
The Art Majors are typically tall, athletic and good looking. He is by Artsplace from a VERY strong maternal family so I would expect that his mares will be very successful at stud.
They should cross with anything that is not an Artsplace sireline.

triplev123
03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Hahahahahahaha. Fair comment. Nice one Nat. It appears JC's affliction has spread far and wide. I've caught the Hype bug.
Art Major mares wise, by and large they have size and significantly some length to them and I believe those two aspects are going to stand by them, on top of the underlying fact that he has served large numbers of well bred, well peformed, well related mares along the way. Like virtually all successful sires....it is a foregone conclusion that he will become a broodmare sire.
I can't think of a single leading broodmare sire in the entire history of the breed that was not, as it's previous vocation, a leading sire of racehorses.

aussiebreno
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey Triplev123 I hope your not Reactoring this pour young steed to soon a bit Lol

What dose everyone think of the mares as broodmare potential and will they be in demand is it a good time to be collecting ornaments for the paddock?
What do you think they will cross with?
I lold.

nat
03-29-2011, 10:19 PM
This poses a big question going back on Fake Left mares a week or two back with Art Major mares the new hip kid on the scene a plenty like Armbro Opertive, Village Jasper mares in the what now will be the two top state you want to breed NSW and VIC will poor Fake Left mares get left by the wayside?

I only say this as there was a Art Major mare on the harness web a while back to race and all I thought was breed and she was chaep.

mango
03-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi Nat

It was probably cheap for a reason, know family behind it and know good as a racehorse. Fake Left mare's won't go by the wayside as people think they are gold. A sire who is doing a good job on the broodmare front is Live or Die.

nat
03-29-2011, 11:16 PM
No there were winners through the family mango not the greates but winners

I dont buy into bad family thing I look at I just look at crosses that work/wild cards that sort of thing