9. Highview Tommy
10. Pembrook Benny

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Let the Aussie domination continue!

mango
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey Aussiebreno

Who do you think will lead in each heat.

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey Aussiebreno

Who do you think will lead in each heat.
Mr Feelgood.

Smoken Up will try in the 2nd; may not have the genuine but will have the fear factor.

mango
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
The only way to beat Smoken Up would be to cross him at the start cause once he leads he wins. Your right about the fear factor but this wk is the last wk for points so it won't be run at a snails pace like the heat last wk. So far the trotter's are better to watch.

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Your right; this week you really need the points. Taking on Smoken Up is suicide and theres no points for trying hard; in fact there is more points on offer for running 2nd than a gallant fifth; plus more petrol in the tank!

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Oh, and it will all be exciting for me this week; get to watch them unlike last week :D

nat
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Do you think Villageem could cross Mr Feelgood off the gate ?

aussiebreno
03-28-2011, 11:12 PM

Mr Feelgood is good out isnt he...the only time Villagem has led in this grade he hooked on. Imho I doubt VGem will cross Mr F

mightymo
03-29-2011, 12:59 AM

absolutely zero chance

DAZZA
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
if villagem crossed Mr Feelgood, il go jump

Mr feelgood leads and wins, if your a Monkey King man you would want him to be running 2nd here to be any hope in the final, Villagem would want a 2nd or 3rd here to be any hope aswell. Themightyquinn, if he wins this hes a derserved fav in the final, but wont get all the favours here. Prepared to risk.

Smoken Up just got to lead and will win, Blackie to improve.

Don Corleone
03-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Hoping Mr Feelgood leads otherwise Monkey has a hard job ahead. Unfortunately the draw means so much at Auckland but having smaller fields most of the time up there it's not a major problem. I think the draw for the final should be made on points scored. Whoever scores the most points in the heats gets to pick what draw they want, as does the second horse all the way down to the last horse. Would make a fantastic final and more interesting in the heats.

Mighty Atom
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Hoping Mr Feelgood leads otherwise Monkey has a hard job ahead. Unfortunately the draw means so much at Auckland but having smaller fields most of the time up there it's not a major problem. I think the draw for the final should be made on points scored. Whoever scores the most points in the heats gets to pick what draw they want, as does the second horse all the way down to the last horse. Would make a fantastic final and more interesting in the heats.
The only problem with the highest points scored gets first choice of barrier draw for final is that you would have to review the barriers they drew in the heats. A horse with 2 bad draws would be out of contention. To think the barrier draws are a matter of luck however is stretching the imagination. My impression is they're legit when they want them to be. The only Aussie horse who has not received a favourable draw is Blacks A Fake. Having said that I believe if a horse draws badly in a one heat it should receive a favourable draw in the next.