PDA

View Full Version : Winbak/Nevele R joint buy-out of the Stallion Station

triplev123
04-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Incredible news just to hand. Joe & JoAnn Thomson's Winbak Farms has combined with NZ breeding giant Nevele R in a joint buy out of The Stallion Station.

---------------------
from Harnesssracing.com

Winbak’s flagship farm is located on 2,000+ acres in Maryland with operations extending into Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Canada, currently the home to some 36 stallions, 24 Pacing sires, 12 Trotting sires...many of whom are currently available in Australia and New Zealand via shuttle whilst to Southern Hemisphere Breeders, Nevele R needs no introduction.
Along with absorbing the current Stallion Station Sire's Roster, the entirity of both Winbak's and Nevele R's rosters will be available to Australian Breeders with all of the sires on Nevele R's roster also being relocated to VIC for the 2011/2012 season, swelling the combined Pacing Sires roster to a mighty 54 individuals and the Trotting Sires Roster to a staggering figure of 16.
Ideally placed close-by to air transport links, the deal was "too good to pass up" according to Nevele R supremo Peter O'Rourke. "Things are pretty crook here in New Zealand and so Bob McArdle and former Nevele R stalwart Danny Boyle negotiated the terms of the Stallion Station deal for us" said O'Rourke. "Bob did such a great job with Pay Me Christian and Courage Under Fire, we knew we were in experienced hands". "It'll be great to buy back into Courage Under Fire once again". Danny Boyle will rejoin the 'old firm' as Sales and Marketing Manager as well as overseeing the semen transport side of the business. "I'm looking forward to the challenge" said Boyle. " I think we can really take it to Alabar, Pepper Tree and Empire". When asked how he could possibly manage so many stallions on the one property Boyle gave a hint as to the strategy of the huge new breeding conglomerate, an Ace in the hole as it were. "We are proud to announce the appointment of Neville Cranston as Stallion Manager" he said.

---------------------------

Incredible news huh? That means they'll have somewhere up around 70 sires on site.
Can the marketplace handle such an influx?
There's your downward pressure on service fees Mightymo. There it is.

mango
04-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Great new's there Triple, it means deals can be made.

mango
04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi Triple

I just looked up Winbak farm and to be honest with you some of there stallions have been out here before and some you wouldn't bring out. So to be honest with you i can't see them (Take it to them ) putting to much pressure on Pepper Tree Farm the big difference for me is QUALITY which the new stallion station doesn't have. They have a few good one's but that's it and one of them is over priced Mach 3.

nat
04-01-2011, 10:30 AM
They do have some nice trotters mango (some of those horses did & do stand at Empire Stud and Alabar) but its the finger in the pie and the credit places like Winbak have. They do have shares in a lot of top stallions not just the ones you see on the web site but with this satellite station stud its a bit like a franchise what will the others in the US & Canada do now a major organization are making a move on the southern hemisphere. Will this make Winbak a conveyance to other stallion syndicates to bring out what we want Top Shelf Stallions one can only hope so it will be interesting times ahead there is lots of moola to be made out here with the right stallions and no limits.

justdoit
04-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Troops,

Sorry I have not posted in a while, have been away back packing over Los Andes.
TripleV123 :) things can only get better:)

mightymo
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Troops,

Sorry I have not posted in a while, have been away back packing over Los Andes.
TripleV123 :) things can only get better:)

golly you guys are gullible

whats todays date??

Love Of Courage
04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice One TripleV123,

If you did "create" this news flash it shows 2 things. First that you know enough about the industry to create a beliveable story and secondly a sense of humour.

When I read the story I thought wow this is interesting and immediately googled your headline - no hits.
Then visited Winbak & Neveler websites to check news no hits. Googled again with different search - no result. I am guessing an April Fool Joke ! and a pretty good one. Unfortunately I will check again later just in case its true or you come clean !

Nice One !

triplev123
04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Lucky I didn't go with the 'Mobile Phones set to be Banned' story. :p

nat
04-01-2011, 03:17 PM
tut tut triple LOL

You got me with Neville

aussiebreno
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice one V V V

On another forum I posted More Joyous was out; claiming Andrew Bensley has done a segment on Sky.

Many believed it. Didnt go down well; thread got deleted with a new thread being made about it calling for users to stop bullshit rumours because it isnt funny. One bloke rang Gai Waterhouses 2nd hand man to confirm my rumour; the 2nd hand man had already fielded several other phone calls about the rumour. Went a bit too far but best one Ive pulled!

triplev123
04-01-2011, 05:37 PM
That one has spread like a bushfire because your rumour got a brief mention on 2GB.
Singo owns the horse and the radio station & it was stated on air that More Joyous was definately not scratched. I was kind of half listening but it might have been the great one himself, R. Hadley, that said so because it was around 11am this morning and that is when Ray is on air. I think they may even checked with Tom Waterhouse & all. Love your work. :D:D:D:D:D:D

aussiebreno
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
That one has spread like a bushfire because your rumour got a brief mention on 2GB.
Singo owns the horse and the radio station & it was stated on air that More Joyous was definately not scratched. I was kind of half listening but it might have been the great one himself, R. Hadley, that said so because it was around 11am this morning and that is when Ray is on air. I think they may even checked with Tom Waterhouse & all. Love your work. :D:D:D:D:D:D
Didnt know that! I only posted at 11.15...I think the website has a lot more guest/lurkers than users/posters but a small amount of posters took the bait in the thread. One hour later the thread had been pulled! But if Ray is on air at 11 its either spread amazingly quick and thus making me but maybe somebody else got in first earlier this morning? One things for certain; social media has definately changed the world.

triplev123
04-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Could well have been a bit later breno, I was out the front watching the bloke fix up the guttering they stuffed up 18 months ago when it was first put on and have only just got around to rectifying. He got here around 10:30 or so. Nice bloke. Pity his Boss didn't show up. There's a bloody big dog next door that doesn't like him and old mate would have had to walk along the top rung of the dividing fence to get the job done. Would have made for good TV. :p

justdoit
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
MightyMo,

It was going really well until you dobbed:)

triplev123
04-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Yeh...until you dobbed Mightymo ya big ol' Party Pooper. :rolleyes:

mango
04-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Hey Triple

You got me on that one, i'll pay that lol.

Don Corleone
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Well dones guys, proud of you. Read your thread and mentioned it to few guys at the track who all thought it was going to be great for breeders!!!! Created a lot of interest, then I get a phonecall to say "what the hell are you talking about?"........................as if it was my fault.

aussiebreno
04-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Well dones guys, proud of you. Read your thread and mentioned it to few guys at the track who all thought it was going to be great for breeders!!!! Created a lot of interest, then I get a phonecall to say "what the hell are you talking about?"........................as if it was my fault.

hahaha oh dear

triplev123
04-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard Danny got three calls from people wanting to book mares to Bonnie And Clyde. :p

Love Of Courage
04-04-2011, 07:19 PM
What If !

Now just what are you going to do TripleV123 if what you posted does eventuate in the future.

Claim that you had the inside scoop and posted that.

Say that you saw it in your tea leaves.

Claim that you are the reincarnation of Nostradamus ( NostraTripleV123 )

triplev123
04-04-2011, 09:26 PM
I never completely rule anything out LOC. The World's a funny place.

Flashing Red
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I was told a horse very dear to me had gotten out on the road and was missing, I didn't think they suspected a waterworks of tears in 1.5 seconds flat! I was in such hysterics when they said "it is April 1st" I was like "who cares what the date is - the horse is out!" haha :)