PDA

View Full Version : Lanercost V BGJ

aussiebreno
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Let me start by saying I think Lanercost was the best 3yo we had.

He will take on the big boys on Tuesday. He may lead, and then its up to BGJ to chase him down. Will get a great look at just how good Lanercost really is! ... Or he may end up leaders back or just in the running line should Fox Valley Appeal...but nevertheless we will get a good guide as to how he will stack up.

Maorisidol
04-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Depending on where they settle and the runs they have, i reckon Johnny will outsprint him.

nat
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Just an off the cuff look at it Fox Valley will have a look for the lead and Johnny will run over the top he's in sparkling form of late will be intersting to see what Lanercost dose at the start

tyson
04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I can't see DG letting Fox valley appeal lead when you look back at how Lanercost raced at menangle. I know its a different track and all but the racing pattern suited. Plus its a good test to see where the horse is at in class. Hope he leads and makes them chase him

DAZZA
04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Tuesdays are more interesting than Saturday nights of late with the 2yo's and the good FFA's. Pub Blitz is awesome, his run last week was massive, would like to see him up against this lot but fully understand 2 tough runs in 2 weeks best for the horse to have a week off. Next 12-24 months, if managed right, he will be up there with QLD's best esp with blackie and BGJ winding up.
Think Lanercost will lead, hasnt had a run for a couple of weeks, think johnny may get him the last 50. Lanercost will probably have to come out in 27 with Fox Valley Appeal there annoying him.

Maorisidol
04-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Lanercost leads easy, BGJ settles last, one out 2 back.
Lanercost does first 800 in 29.2 and 30.4. Then 27.8 and when Johnny pulls out at 400m, about 15m behind, Lanercost does a 28.2 and scrapes home by 3m.