PDA

View Full Version : Fred Hastings

aussiebreno
04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Terrible caller. Call of the Renshaw was bad. Menangle you big rich f***s send some coin McNamaras way and bring him back to where he belongs

mango
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Spot on Aussiebreno, seen Mark at Ashburton last tuesday wk he's enjoying it over there and get's to call the gallops aswell so i don't know if it's all about the coin but if it is get the cheque books out and bring him back.

Don Corleone
04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
C'mon yous have got the Auckland Cup, Great Northern Derby and Inter Dominion. So you're not getting Mark back......

mango
04-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi Don

Where a greedy bunch us Aussies, it's only a matter of time (I HOPE)

Zipper
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
I think Fred does a good job. Some harsh critics on here...

Flashing Red
04-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Lady Lexus nice run! :-o

triplev123
04-18-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't mind Fred's calls at all. Macca is excellent as always. His efforts in NZ over the ID Carnival were superb.

Gtrain
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Fred is a drastic improvement on KT. Renshaw cup call was fine. Got placings correct in a tight finish. Anyone knocking that call has some ridiculous expectations.

mightymo
04-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Fred is a drastic improvement on KT. Renshaw cup call was fine. Got placings correct in a tight finish. Anyone knocking that call has some ridiculous expectations.

ive been listening to fred a lot recently, as he has been calling a number of races where my horses have been contesting, and i think he does a good job. I think some people are nitpicking.

Most importantly he is very passionate about the sport, and thats a big plus

aussiebreno
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Apart from the good ending where he got placegetters correct in the tight finish he ummed and ahhed more than a 13yo boy caught rubbing one out to Brittany Spears Hit Me Baby One More Time. Like that situation, its kind of a one off thing though.
But yes, I was harsh on him for that one off sub-par call.

ive been listening to fred a lot recently, as he has been calling a number of races where my horses have been contesting, and i think he does a good job. I think some people are nitpicking.

Most importantly he is very passionate about the sport, and thats a big plus
He does do a good job. But from the top in the state I expect better than good. Kinda selfish to expect that actually...but McNamara, KT in his prime, Melieki, Fowler in recent times have given me that expectation.

Passionate on the other hand.....he is the exact opposite of Eddie McGuire, Joffa and the rest of the toothless army.

I'm however happy to state this thread was over the top from me.

triplev123
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Breno writes [he ummed and ahhed more than a 13yo boy caught rubbing one out to Brittany Spears Hit Me Baby One More Time. ]

Hahahahahahaha. That's GOLD. It's going straight to the Pool Room. :D:D:D:D