PDA

View Full Version : Race a pacer syndications

latemail_cam
04-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Have seen the raceapacer adds and its looks very interesting.

www.raceapacer.com.au

They have some very well bred yearlings.

1 of there syndications is RHODIUM CASTLE 2nd in the oaks last friday.

Is anyone in these syndications? or does anyone know much about them as I'm thinking of joining 2 of them

Flashing Red
04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Owning a pacer is very rewarding, good luck if you do! :) I would personally go for an aged horse already racing - because not all yearlings make it to the races. That's why I love claimers, you claim on and can put it in again next week! :)

mango
04-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Flashing Red

Claimers can be fun and there's no time to wait you just go straight to the race's.

Hi Latemail

If i was you and you could get a few people together i'd take a look at the Ready to Run sale in n.z or the one at Bathurst later this year. With the RTR it takes alot of the guess work out.

latemail_cam
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
When buying from the NZ sales you pay an arm and a leg for a horse that can just break 60 seconds, a horse that can runs 57's cheaper to buy an apartment.

There has been a few good horses getting around for sale recently though they all just hit around 5 figures, spend 10k and you can get a horse that can win a few metro pretty quickly aswell.

Plus choose the right trainer also helps

Flashing Red
04-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi Flashing Red

Claimers can be fun and there's no time to wait you just go straight to the race's.

Hi Latemail

If i was you and you could get a few people together i'd take a look at the Ready to Run sale in n.z or the one at Bathurst later this year. With the RTR it takes alot of the guess work out.

I agree, about if they are already up and going to some extent (ready to run, claimers moreso etc) you are more likely to make money.

I wonder if claimers will ever become as big here as in North America. I really liked it over there as if you horse got too far up the conditioned races to be competitive, there was a multitude of claiming races in varying prices, tracks etc. You could put your horse where it could earn every week. I heard (not sure as to its truth) but Menangle is going to try and get regular claiming races up and running. I think that's a fantastic way to get new owners in the sport.

latemail_cam
04-18-2011, 12:27 AM
The country circuit in NSW is good as every 2nd meeting you have races which you can put your horse in as a claimer for $1500 to $3000 and they race in low R or C class race

triplev123
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
My only advice is that if you decide get a ready made one out of NZ, be sure to verify that the Vet who signed off on the Vet Cert. actually exists.
Arthritic horses that have been all-cleared by Phantom Vets are not entirely unknown.

mango
04-18-2011, 09:38 AM
My advice is to go through someone you know and if you don't know anyone inbox me and i can pass on some names to you.

triplev123
04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Here's an Identi-kit drawing of the suspect.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aLzwvFGTR20/S39cCjwLZjI/AAAAAAAABmo/2omQG5GNXT0/s320/Phantom+Line+Art.jpg
"This horse has no health issues that will effect its racing soundness".

mango
04-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey Triple

One thing i've noticed with n.z horses for sale at the moment through certain agents is that when pricing the horses for sale they want it in Aus $$ and this has only come about since the notification of prize money increases in n.s.w so it didn't take long for the kiwi's to try and capitalize on it.

mango
04-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Here's an Identi-kit drawing of the suspect.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aLzwvFGTR20/S39cCjwLZjI/AAAAAAAABmo/2omQG5GNXT0/s320/Phantom+Line+Art.jpg
"This horse has no health issues that will effect its racing soundness". The physic resembles a young Triple.

triplev123
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
That was a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago Mango. The spandex ain't so flattering these days.

latemail_cam
04-18-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd probably rather buy from here in OZ as you can get many bargains, I called a few people last week for some good C1 & C2 class vic based horses.

The australian bred horses were all available for around $8000 to $13000, most of the NZ bred horses were all $14000+.

Love Of Courage
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Hello Hello,

Does anyone have any more information regarding the Bathurst Ready To Run Sale.

Regards,

Sue

triplev123
04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
I understand it will be in October some time Sue though there's nothing on their website yet.
http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-board/

mightymo
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I understand it will be in October some time Sue though there's nothing on their website yet.
http://www.graemeboard.com/graeme-board/

i heard Nov - prob same weekend as Miracle mile

Shakamaker
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Raceapacer is a great concept. It was started from memory a few years back by HRV who were looking to grow ownership. They leased some well-bred yearling fillies from prominent breeders and syndicated them via a licensed syndicator who professionally manages the syndicate. The syndicate now offers the choice of buying a share in a horse that is owned by the syndicate or buying an interest in a horse that is leased. Naturally the leased horses do not involve a sizeable initial outlay and hence it is a very cost effective way to get involved in ownership as all you are paying are your % of the costs of the horse in training. Rhodium Castle was one of the original horses that was syndicated by Raceapacer and her owners have shared in her 4 wins to date and $50,000 in stake earnings and have had plenty of fun to date. There is no foolproof way to get involved in harness ownership but in Raceapacer you can be confident in the people that are running the syndicate and training your horse and it is a great way to get involved with other owners.

buster
04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
how much does race a pacer make from selling the shares? and how much does it take from winnings or as management fees

triplev123
04-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Who manages it?

Shakamaker
04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Just checked out the Raceapacer website www.raceapacer.com.au The syndicates are managed by Pacific Bloodstock who is registered as a Licensed Syndicator with ASIC. In the Product Disclosure Statement it says that HRV will pay a fee to the Syndicate Manager to facilitate the syndicate. It also says that the syndicate manager is entitled to a management fee but does not specify how much this is. I assume it would be a set % or set sum each month for the cost of managing the syndicate. Given that HRV is paying the Manager to set up and facilitate the syndicate, one would assume that the monthly management fee would be reasonable and not too big and that this would be disclosed upon application.

They look to have some nice horses that you can be a part of for a minimal outlay. They are currently offering shares in a filly that they have leased. The filly is by Art Major out of Talk To Me which makes her a half sister to Mother Courage, Tandias Courage, Crusaders Castle etc and from the same family as Newbold Penny, Penny Veejay and Nolarama. The cost for a 1/20th share in the filly is $250 which I assume would cover out of pocket expenses incurred by the Syndicate to date. From there the cost is $80 per month which is expected to cover all costs involved in training and racing the filly. At the end of the lease period if there is a surplus of fees collected relative to the itemised costs that are incurred, the surplus fees are refunded back to the syndicate members. All in all it seems like a small outlay for the opportunity of racing a well bred filly from a very strong maternal line and by the current boom sire Art Major.

The Syndicate Manager is licensed by ASIC and is therefore bound by ASIC regulations relating to disclosure etc and HRV are obviously supporting the concept to grow ownership. It looks a good way for new owners to get involved I would say.

triplev123
04-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Pacific Bloodstock is a bloke by the name of Mark Hoare I believe.

buster
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
is that how to spell your name correctly shakamaker?

Love Of Courage
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Hello ,

I have contacted Graeme Board by email regarding the Ready To Run Sale. I have 3 colts which I may consider entering.

A Lombo Pocket Watch Colt
An American Ideal Colt
An Artsplace Colt.

Regards,

Sue

latemail_cam
04-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I checked most of there yearlings and they are all well bred