PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Press Release from HRNSW

triplev123
04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
HRNSW Media Release - Important notice regarding Chariots of Fire night

Important notice regarding Chariots of Fire night

Thursday 21 April 2011

Owners and trainers take note that all horses engaged in the following races at Tabcorp Pk, Menangle on Saturday 30 April 2011 will be required on course no later than two hours prior to their event:

· Len Smith Mile
· Australian Pacing Gold Final (2yo F)
· NSW Derby
· Chariots of Fire

Horses not on course two-hours prior to their engagement will be scratched by order of Stewards.

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.

To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
Name:
Dale Walker
Position:
Marketing Manager
Phone:
(02) 9722 6600
Email:
dwalker@hrnsw.com.au (dwalker@hrnsw.com.au)

Don Corleone
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Not sure what you do over there triple but over here we have to be on course 90 minutes before, if your in the first race and 2 hours before for every other race.

buster
04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
they must still read this forum even though beattie is gone

a good idea, but i hope its not just so they dont have to do 24 hrs guards anymore

Flashing Red
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I think it is much better holding them back 2 hours AFTER the race... it gives the TC02 a chance to rise if anything illegit was done. 2 hours before AND 2 hours after would be perfect, but I still think the more important of the 2 is the post race TC02. Whenever they do this in Qld, it always gets people - I don't understand why it isn't a permanent swabbing fixture like in North America? You would have your standard urine after the race, then your horse was put in a stall and blood was taken some 2 hours afterwards for the TC02. It doesn't even need to be every race, even just half the card. Not knowing if you will be post race TC02ed works just as effectively as knowing you will be done regardless.

buster
04-21-2011, 07:59 PM
flash, i think if they have the mobile lab on grounds they can do the tests pre race and anything looking a bit high should be swabbed again after 3 hours post race

menangle has the money, why dont they build a small lab on track for tco2

Flashing Red
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I agree.

remington
04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
i believe it is hard to make any traininer (and there horses) wait around 2 hours after the race especially with other commitments, racing at another track (in victoria u see this a bit) aswell as travel. Trainers are travelling for over 4 hours to go to menagle to compete for the increase in prize money if they have have a 4 hour drive home no-one wants to be staying an extra 2 hours at the track? Almost forces all travelling trainers to have to stay in Sydney and travel home the next day.

Im all for drugs getting out of the sport just not at the expense of the country/travelling trainers and those with other commitments

buster
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
will they be the same trainers whinging when something sits outside them and blows them away and walks away without being tested properly?

remington
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
clearly there is a problem, i have been a victim of loosing races to trainers i believe use "something special" to improve horses, no trainer or there facilities can improve horses in 1 week like a select few NSW trainers, but maybe the stewards need to do more to try to catch those cheating. B.Kelly was followed on his way to the races with Greg Kelly when they caught him why not set up similar stings on trainers they suspect?

Flashing Red
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
i believe it is hard to make any traininer (and there horses) wait around 2 hours after the race especially with other commitments, racing at another track (in victoria u see this a bit) aswell as travel. Trainers are travelling for over 4 hours to go to menagle to compete for the increase in prize money if they have have a 4 hour drive home no-one wants to be staying an extra 2 hours at the track? Almost forces all travelling trainers to have to stay in Sydney and travel home the next day.

Im all for drugs getting out of the sport just not at the expense of the country/travelling trainers and those with other commitments

Like me when I had to drive 3 hours to Poconos, to get there 4 hours before the race for lasix, the horse won and we get the 2 hour post race as well? Then the 3 hour drive back? Hahahaha! :)

remington
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Like me when I had to drive 3 hours to Poconos, to get there 4 hours before the race for lasix, the horse won and we get the 2 hour post race as well? Then the 3 hour drive back? Hahahaha! :)

WOW thats insane, takes a trainers whole day away.

Flashing Red
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
I did it twice, the first time I ran 6th so I didn;t even get a cheque! Hurt a lot more than when I did! LOL!

aussiebreno
04-21-2011, 09:03 PM
clearly there is a problem, i have been a victim of loosing races to trainers i believe use "something special" to improve horses, no trainer or there facilities can improve horses in 1 week like a select few NSW trainers, but maybe the stewards need to do more to try to catch those cheating. B.Kelly was followed on his way to the races with Greg Kelly when they caught him why not set up similar stings on trainers they suspect?
They do have similar procedures Jackson Grant oops Remington.
They stayed around at D Thorns one day and they followed Rob Anderson to Young one day...and those examples are just what has been said on this forum in the past.

remington
04-21-2011, 09:13 PM
They do have similar procedures Jackson Grant oops Remington.
They stayed around at D Thorns one day and they followed Rob Anderson to Young one day...and those examples are just what has been said on this forum in the past.

i had herd about Thorn but not Anderson. There is one trainer that i still cant understand how he (or his little side kick, with a massive nose) hasnt be caught, he bought a horse that ran 7th by 48metres at a non tab meeting, 8 days later races in a TAB meeting and wins by nine metres never looked like loosing.

Flashing red, that really would be frustrating. Is it random as to who has to be at the races 4 hours prior to be tested?

aussiebreno
04-21-2011, 09:17 PM
i had herd about Thorn but not Anderson. There is one trainer that i still cant understand how he (or his little side kick, with a massive nose) hasnt be caught, he bought a horse that ran 7th by 48metres at a non tab meeting, 8 days later races in a TAB meeting and wins by nine metres never looked like loosing.

Flashing red, that really would be frustrating. Is it random as to who has to be at the races 4 hours prior to be tested?
Some say that horse rose from the metaphorical death bed
The 4 hours prior thing is so the horses can get given their lasix

remington
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Some say that horse rose from the metaphorical death bed
The 4 hours prior thing is so the horses can get given their lasix

They must play some amazing music in that stable to assist in improving them.

Totally forgot that lasix is allowed to be vet administed in the US

Flashing Red
04-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Any horse on lasix :) Its administered by a vet oncourse. :)
The 2 hour post race TC02 testing afterwards however is random (ie not all winners), but all winners (and sometimes another random in the race) gets a post race urine.

Mighty Atom
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
clearly there is a problem, i have been a victim of loosing races to trainers i believe use "something special" to improve horses, no trainer or there facilities can improve horses in 1 week like a select few NSW trainers, but maybe the stewards need to do more to try to catch those cheating. B.Kelly was followed on his way to the races with Greg Kelly when they caught him why not set up similar stings on trainers they suspect? Hi remington, I agree with you about the stewards doing more to catch the cheats. There are quite a few measures they can take. The one that Flashing Red suggests - 2 hour post race TCO2 tests is a great one, but I've always suspected the stewards may fear that they could be opening an inevitable "Pandora's Box."

Mighty Atom
04-21-2011, 11:46 PM
I'd like to clarify a point on the stewards pursuing the cheats.If they are going to insist on a drug free sport then they should apply it rigorously - not one where a fine is applied to a positive and a suspension to another. Having said that I, for one am not against therapeutic drugs being allowed and that includes many that are banned at the moment. However a detailed list should be made of what is acceptable and whats not. A few years ago one of our doctors on our Olympic team suggested allowing drugs in sport so long as it was monitored by a medically qualified person and I fully supported the idea.

remington
04-25-2011, 02:10 AM
I'd like to clarify a point on the stewards pursuing the cheats.If they are going to insist on a drug free sport then they should apply it rigorously - not one where a fine is applied to a positive and a suspension to another. Having said that I, for one am not against therapeutic drugs being allowed and that includes many that are banned at the moment. However a detailed list should be made of what is acceptable and whats not. A few years ago one of our doctors on our Olympic team suggested allowing drugs in sport so long as it was monitored by a medically qualified person and I fully supported the idea.

hi mighty atom, this could be a fantastic idea, could allow some horses to reach there full potential.

i noticed the trainer i mentioned early had roughly 9 runners across 3 different venues (includeding a non tab meeting which he would usually dominate) and only picked up one winner. i think the stewards could be breathing down his neck, BRAVO