PDA

View Full Version : calling triple v

buster
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
im feeling thirsty after that derby heat...

aussiebreno
04-22-2011, 12:01 AM
In the five minutes since I seen someone post that Oscar Lane went ordinary was just waiting for you to post lol!

mango
04-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Triple would be at work and probably on the wrong side of the bar at the present time after seeing that run. I look foward to he's reply to buster as it's always good to read.

buster
04-22-2011, 12:14 AM
in fairness to the horse, the driver gave him zero, 28.8 second quarter

mango
04-22-2011, 12:24 AM
It reminded me of some of his drive's on Gracie Wilkes and he brought her unstuck a few time's.

aussiebreno
04-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Might need a Saline drench Buster...Im thinking youd be dehydrated by now!

mango
04-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Make sure a saline is all it is, as i'd hate to see Buster get a positive lol.

aussiebreno
04-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Make sure a saline is all it is, as i'd hate to see Buster get a positive lol.

:D Harnesslink would have to ban him from the forum for 3 months

buster
04-23-2011, 06:27 PM
it seems i wasn't the only one to lay him, another forum had him marked as lay of the year by another sydney punter

triplev123
04-28-2011, 07:14 PM
im feeling thirsty after that derby heat...

Ahuh.

Welll, the words of Monday's Experts by Weddings, Parties, Anything come floating back to me at this juncture...

Monday's Experts
Talking in the tea room
In the workshop and the office talking all around the place
Monday's Experts
Hey they've always got the good oil
Pity you can't put a bet on at the finish of the race

Buster, I have seen fit to bold highlight that last line by way of reminding you that your Cajones were pulled up way too tight and very clearly shrunken to take the Bet...despite repeated offers from me. You'd have been a doosey back in the days of Al Capone. They loved Past Posting back then. :p

triplev123
04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
It reminded me of some of his drive's on Gracie Wilkes and he brought her unstuck a few time's.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Incorrect. Try again trooper.
Gracie would do that all on her own & it's totally unfair to hang any of it on Laurence or on Doug.
She was a product of her genetics. She was born Hot & it wouldn't have mattered if you had Christ in the bike, the result would be the same. She was that way from the moment she drew her first breath until the day she drew her last.
As for Oscar, he's still a very, very good colt...and it's worth noting that he climbed from a 3A0 to a 4th the NSW Derby Heats, winning 4 from 5 starts over 6 weeks. May a similar horse come my way. The camp will regroup and rejoin the battle. It's not in any of their natures to back off. You haven't heard the last of old mate.

Now Buster...do you want to put some Maker's Mark down ?
End of season earnings perhaps?
How are your Cajones feeling?
Big & heavy?
Or are they still all tucked up tight & shrunken ?
This is your 4th or 5th chance to make the Bet matey.
C'mon now. Let the Moths out of your Purse.

buster
04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
how good of you to admit defeat

i agree with mango, they should sack the driver if they want to be winning the big races

triplev123
04-28-2011, 08:51 PM
?????? Defeat????? You've been interfering with yourself again Buster. You're going to have to give it away. Clearly it's weakening your synapses.
As for the driver, clearly you know as much about him, the horse, the owners & the trainer as Mango knows about Gracie...which is 4/5ths of sweet FA on a good day.

buster
04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
never mentioned the trainer or owners..but ive seen the horse and driver, horse goes ok, driver not so much

28 second quarter with his main danger on his back...

triplev123
04-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Buster, if you read races & horses the way you appear to then punt them accordingly...you must be eating at the Soup Kitchen attached to the Matthew Talbot Hostel. Would you like a cup of Tea and a bread roll with that mate? :p
Let me simply say...and make no mistake, you will see, in due course.

buster
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
good idea, help matt talbot out by delivering the pieces of oscar lane they scraped off the track last week

triplev123
04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Geeze. Your uncle Russ must bear a terrible Cross with you around. The poor bastard.

buster
04-28-2011, 09:41 PM
i live in sydney mate, thats a fair way away from that place

mango
04-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Triple

I agree Gracie didn't help her cause but i remember way back then watching it with a couple of people that have been in the game as long as i been alive. And he commented maybe another driver would suit that horse better than the present driver and then when discussing the races the other day we both agreed he looked like he was driving Oscar the same way. I'm not knocking Oscar as a horse but i think driving him like that won't help his cause in the long run and he will end up the same way and then you might say he is driving to instructions. Your probably right that i know 4/5 of FA about Gracie and i can wear that but he is driving Oscar exactly the same way.

Flashing Red
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I was at the sales when Gracie went around... won best presented yearling if I remember correctly! And sold for about $50,000 (but I stand to be corrected on that one!!) She was very flashy, that's for sure!

triplev123
04-29-2011, 04:28 AM
G'day Mango,

There's something that really spins my head in this game.
When you're fortunate enough to get a good one, it's nothing short of amazing just how many people you meet who will feel not only compelled but somehow entitled to tell you how to train and drive it.
Do this not that, use this driver not that one, feed them this way, shoe them that way, rig them in such and such a fashion. It never ends.
There's always someone with the good oil, there's always someone who wants to set you straight. Always someone who can do it better than you or the existing trainer or driver can, there's always someone who thinks they can do a better job.
Often...paradoxically, those same guys with the good oil will have the arse out of their pants...and haven't had a good horse looking over their barn door in years, if ever.
Of course, that small matter does not seem to prevent them from sharing their 'valuable insights' with whomever finds themselves unfortunate enough to be within earshot.

In keeping with the above, I'll close with the name of Hunter's Folly, a son of Southern Brigade. He graced HP many years ago. If you ever feel so inclined, look up the horse, his record and his trainer/driver. EVERY big name trainer in Sydney wanted that horse & EVERY big name driver in Sydney wanted the pilot's job, and this on the basis that if the horse could do what he did for the bloke who was training & driving him, imagine what he could do in so & so's barn or with such & such driving. 'tis often not the case however.

mango
04-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey Triple

That will always be the case and whether it's right or wrong i don't know, but to me there are similarities to the way he is driving Oscar and i'd hate to see him end up as hot headed as Gracie.

triplev123
04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
That's purely genetics my friend. Attitude wise they're two very different horses too. Gracie was set to be hot-headed from the point of conception, from the very moment one of Christian Cullen's sperm met up Irish Town's egg. To borrow from The Stones, 'Start me up, if you start me up I'll never stop'. Christ himself would not have gotten her to back it off. It was just hard-wired. It was in her DNA. Sad that she was bitten by a snake & died. She'd have made one Hell of a Broodmare.

mango
04-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi Triple

You are correct they are 2 different horses, Oscar was parked at Newcastle and he seemed to relax real nice which is encouraging.

triplev123
04-30-2011, 04:08 PM
i live in sydney mate, thats a fair way away from that place

Pheasants Nest is only about a 1hr, 10min drive from the Sydney GPO.