PDA

View Full Version : Calling Buster & Mango

triplev123
04-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Buster's absence is noted by way of a distinct lack of comment & Mango has turned his phone off.
Enough said. Now gentlemen, may I respectfully refer you to the drive in Race 6 @ Newcastle last night.
On behalf of Laurence I'll accept your apologies in advance. Many thanks.

mango
04-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Triple

No apology required as far as i'm concerned. Horse went good the big difference for me was the 2nd quarter 31.9 at Newcastle compared to a 28.8 at Menangle when it was not needed. If he had of drove the horse a bit more conservative at Menangle the previous week (2nd quarter noted) Oscar wouldn't of been racing at Newcastle for $5,500 on a friday night he would of been racing at Menangle on a Saturday night for $200k prize money. Maybe i'm been a bit harsh but when someone tell's you he is the best 3yr old you take notice i expected him to win at Menangle with ease and like a good horse should but to roll the 2nd quarter in 28.8 when not needed has me baffled . Phone's back on.

triplev123
04-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Sing along now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX7hJhlWAt8

mango
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Great song but i believe my comment has merit.

admin
04-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Buster asked that his account be deleted. Not sure why.

triplev123
04-30-2011, 05:56 PM
G'day Mango,
I find it highly inconsistent of both Buster & yourself that you'd climb all over Laurence and yet give a pass to Ash's steer aboard Jack Kendall's colt in the 1st, arguably the worst of the night by a fair margin. Ash left hard off the gate and rightly or wrongly she made it clear that she was holding no matter what (something which Mark Purdon found out, no doubt to his significant dismay, especially so when, after not being waved through to the front ala NZ) his horse jumped it off and threw all chance away. Ash sent her colt to the to 3/4 pole (1891m) in a gross of 2:17.2. Perhaps not all that surpringly the horse was in full reverse just before he reached that mark & finished 8th...but not a peep from either of you guys????????????????? By way of a direct comparison Oscar rolled to the lead & reached that same mark in a gross of 2:17.8, ultimately being collared in the stretch I think just before the 200m mark & finished 6th. Cue Buster & yourself who chime in to give Laurence a pay for the drive...others would do a better job in the bike, he's driving her like Gracie, the colt will end up the same, a great gnashing of teeth and general wailing...etc etc etc. Now unless my eyes fail me compleley I don't see either of you calling for Jack to tip Ash out & put someone else up. Call me a cynic if you will...but from where I sit you guys appear to have a significantly different set of standards depending on the driver/s involved. Incidentally, did it ever occur to you that some drivers actually do, rightly or wrongly, exactly what the Owners/Trainer requests of them, Ash included? Probably not.

mango
04-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi Buster

Don't delete your account as some of your idea's and view's are good and some maybe different but that's the thing it's a forum and it's up for discussion, so all i can say is take a deep breath before pulling the plug and think about it as you must enjoy it as you spend a lot of time on here.

mango
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey Triple

I bagged Ash's drive on that colt so you better go back through the post's and you will see. You will find it under Drive Of The Night (NOT)

Maorisidol
04-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Good work Mango, it's funny how triplevarcoe always deflects the conversation onto other people when his opinions are seen to come undone.
Buster, don't sign off mate, I know some people can be highly annoying but the secret is to not let irritations get to u. (if that was part of the reason)

triplev123
04-30-2011, 07:04 PM
A voice from The Peanut Gallery. Couldn't have gotten enough money on it. It's funny how you think the indentity of the various people on this forum is all some big mystery. Brother, Sherlock Holmes...you aint. Just for the sake of the exercise though...who might the likes of Eliteblood or Mightymo or Montana, Flashing Red, Mango etc. be do you think ?
Don't strain yourself now. Just put on your Dearstalker Hat, polish up your magnifying glass, light up the pipe and give it a shot. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zs7g8jAT-Rc/S84Gi2Y22WI/AAAAAAAAAAw/5A2pyb2FUY8/s320/20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Maorisidol
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Jamie, I don't need to know or care to know who any person is, I read and or reply or give an opinion to whatever "call name" is on the screen.
So not every new person who comes to the forum instantly knows who each call name is in "real life" and most I assume don't care. We don't all go thru the whole forum researching and trying to work these things out. So mate not everyone knows your real name or probably aren't that interested who u are, sorry. So take your Sherlock comment and stick it back up your "over-important" jumper.

triplev123
04-30-2011, 08:03 PM
That's an outrageously duplicitous statement for you to make Maori's....especially so given that you rather gleefully posted to this forum a copy of a reply I made regarding a story about Blacks A Fake on the Harnesslink Home Page, one where I signed my own name, and with you making it out to be some great revelation of hidden indentity despite the fact that I had sent exactly the same message to this forum. It was in the Australian Harness Racing section, # 12 in the Blacks A Fake Greatest Ever? thread to be precise.
Yet...now you state that you don't need to know nor care who any person is?
Hmmmmmm. More than a bit of a head scratcher there Maori's. Perhaps it's simply a good old fashioned case of... 'By his word and deed ye shall know him'?. The late Father Stamp would no doubt be somewhat amazed I remembered that.

Maorisidol
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh Jamie you're a funny one.
The very fact that I apparently "gleefully" posted your harness link comment on here simply showed I had no idea that alias triplev123 was also Mr Varcoe!
That's my point. Not "everybody" knows who everybody is, and I think most don't care, but u seem to think everybody does know and should know, hence u pop out the Sherlock thing.
And you said "and with you making it out to be some great revelation". Well my comment attached to your post was "hmmmmm". Wow thats really going over the top declaring a great revelation!
The only reason I "discovered" triplevarcoe was because it was in my face, point being, I don't go looking and don't care who the aliases really are, I read what they say, I agree, or not, or put in an opinion, or not.

aussiebreno
04-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I know everyone wants to know who I am so I shall tell; I am Brian Gath.

Better put a footnote here because there is always one who will take it serious.

montana
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
No i am Brian Gath

mango
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
What is there 3 of us cause i'm Brian Gath, hey Montana how come your not at Menangle.

Maorisidol
04-30-2011, 11:21 PM
That's funny Breno,
But I thought u looked like George Gath!!!!

latemail_cam
04-30-2011, 11:41 PM
This thread is a bundle of laughs.... opinions are opinions that why its a forum lets all enjoy....

admin
05-01-2011, 03:06 AM
I was going to lock this thread until it got funny, but as a fair warning can everybody please try to keep it civil. And triplev; watch those thread titles (not this one, you know what I mean).

(Sincerely,

B. Gath)

triplev123
05-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Who knows HOW your mind works Jimmy.

triplev123
05-01-2011, 09:01 AM
btw Admin. Impressed with your newly discovered sense of activism. Better late than never.

tyson
05-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I don't know who any of you are and i couldn't care less. Sick of reading the bickering between triplev and buster though. Not sure who either one of you are but the horses you both pick to win races and follow are just favourites. Not much style or technique in your methods. Although buster has picked some roughies!!!!

Anyone got any selections for GP friday night. Might head up there for some bets

aussiebreno
05-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Obviously if their tips are favourites that shows other people agree and therefore I thought their style or technique would be sound?

Isn't GP betting all about following G Hall!!!

tyson
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Depending on what time on year you jump on the Gary hall band wag. But at the moment its more Bond and Olivieri winning a lot of races. The good thing about GP it turns out a lot of different winners each week which has you studying the form guide from the front page to the back.

Of Course a favourite has been selected by many and is rated the best in the field. But favourites don't win every race and its kind of boring reading people select the favourite that everyone form expert in the country has picked.

I enjoy looking at the punters corner on www.harness.org.au , A couple of times i have selected exactly what Craig Rail has picked and lost everything. Then go through the form , Race replays and also what Craig has said and worked tips out from that. It makes it interesting and a bit of fun trying to out tip him. Hutchy's tips seem a little one dimensional aswell

triplev123
05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
To his credit, at least old mate Buster picked them and sent his selections along Tyson.
Unlike Buster, I haven't seen you kicking the tin with any great vigour, if at all?, in that regard. Please, feel free. Select away. Time to step up to the plate Brother. The 1st base Coach is signalling to you to 'swing away'. :p