PDA

View Full Version : James Hitchcock resigns....maybe now to NSW?

triplev123
05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
See that HRV Chief Steward James Hitchcock has resigned. Could he be headed North of the Border I wonder?

Greg Hando
05-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Thought it said he was going to Racing Victoria

triplev123
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Don't know Wintson. I was just told earlier today that he had pulled the pin so I wondered if /half assumed that he was going to move into what I understand to be the currently vacant position here in NSW. From afar it seemed like he did a pretty good job (?) in VIC.

Shakamaker
05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Has only held down the Chairman of Stewards role for some 18 months or so since Cameron George went back to NZ.

Bravo
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
reported gone to RVL as only a steward (demotion) that leaves the 2 biggest states without chairmen does anyone know who could fill within the current ranks as using recycled gallops stewards dont work eg george,beattie,knibbs.Maybe cable for nsw and delaney for vic

triplev123
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Shane Larkins from Harness Racing Tassie seems to do a good job. I'd like to see him given a go here in NSW.

Bravo
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
he has been around a while i seem to remember he worked at hrv just looking through the stewards reports a guy in vic anthony o'connell seems to chair a hell of a lot meetings but i've never heard of him until i've started looking recently.any way just apponit someone who will keep the bastards honest.

triplev123
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
G'day Bravo,

I'm not bothered a great deal about who it is really...just as long as they are consistent.
I don't care if they are consistently lenient or consistently hard arse...just as long as they're consistently something.
In terms of experience and talent there seems to be some MASSIVE holes in Stewards Panels throughout Australia at the moment. Some of them are very good to deal with, some are a bit in and out at times and some are just plain terrible.
The problem I have is that your financial well-being come stable profitablity should not hinge merely upon the chance that you might enounter one of the terribles or that you go before one of the in and out's on one of their out days.

Greg Hando
05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Don't know Wintson. I was just told earlier today that he had pulled the pin so I wondered if /half assumed that he was going to move into what I understand to be the currently vacant position here in NSW. From afar it seemed like he did a pretty good job (?) in VIC.
No worries triple i thought i read it wrong

triplev123
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Here's a question for everyone.
Past or present can you name/recall a Chief Steward or Stewards anywhere in Australia or NZ that was well liked/well respected/thought by all & sundry to be doing or to have done a good job?
I don't ask this question to open up a bagging session of those that have not or do not...you get that every day from someone or other....rather I'm interested to know if it has EVER occurred?
I get the impression that a Chief Steward & asssociated panel that everyone dislikes is more than likely doing his/their job to the enth degree....to my way of thinking it is not a popularity contest...so it follows that there'll be a lot more bagging of a good/effective Chief Steward & panel than there will be wraps for him/them.
Your thoughts?

Greg Hando
05-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I always thought Trevor Flower was a good bloke fair to all and very laid back perhaps to much

allsmokedup
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I cant think of a chief steward that has been overly well liked but from looking at a few stewards reports there is a steward in QLD Brett Day he seems not to be afraid to take on people and ask the questions. My reports tell me that he is from the trotting family from NSW and has driven in races and my trainer tells me he operates fairly but i think he is off interstate???

Bravo
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
understand that day is relocating to vic dont know about ability but looks like they will need his services but where does that leave qld he has probably made the right move to jump ship

allsmokedup
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Definitely QLD looks like they are fighting a losing battle at the moment and the seymours withdrawing sponsorship is another kick in the guts. Im led to believe Garrards have taken up the sponsorship for the nursey pace but this is done as favour to close friend Bob Bentley in return for protection of Redcliffe Paceway.....