PDA

View Full Version : Jim Morrill Taken Off His Drives at the Red Mile Saturday...

Ponder
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Apparently drunk, refused to take a breathalyzer

Allan
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Apparently drunk, refused to take a breathalyzer

How the heck did he even get to race in any race without taking the breathalyzer? That goes against every rule in the book.

Fullerton
10-26-2010, 12:00 PM
WOW how happy do you think the owner of the horse he drove is? Very dangerous.

Joe Fitz
10-28-2010, 10:46 AM
The Jim Morrill case is a fine example of how splintered the harness racing industry is. Even though his license was pulled by the judges in Kentucky on Saturday because he allegedly was drunk on the racetrack and refused to take a breathalyzer test, the judges at Pocono allowed him to drive last night, and he will be in the bike again tonight. They said it would be too much of a burden on the fans to make all those driver changes in the program. Can you imagine any other sport being run this way?

Allan
10-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Well some states do allow drivers to fulfill their commitments before beginning a suspension. Morrill was being suspended as soon as he finished his mounts. And unlike The Red Mile, rest assured he was required to blow into the breathalyzer before he got into the sulky at Pocono.

niblick
10-29-2010, 03:31 AM
FWIW Even though Jim Morrill was listed on Wednesday's racecard at Pocono Downs, he did not race. He was replaced in every race; as far as I could tell, there was no mention of any reason for his "scratches."

jammsb
10-31-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm guessing that the main reason why he wasn't subject to the breathalizer initially is because the races began shortly after noon. I guess that there are some people drunk at that time(eg Morrill), but I wouldn't think too many.

niblick
11-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Has anything become of this? Anybody hear anything else?

Thad Brzoska
11-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Have heard nothing. Have not seen him anywhere. Assume he must meets some requirements before they consider re-instating he licence.

niblick
11-20-2010, 07:08 AM
He lost his license? I hadn't heard that....

Thad Brzoska
11-20-2010, 08:38 AM
His license was taken from him that day at Lex.