PDA

View Full Version : Alabar 2014-2015 stallion roster

gutwagon
07-09-2014, 10:10 PM
The new roster is up on twitter and probably their web site. Not too many changes.

Triple V
07-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Betterthancheddar to stand for them in VIC this time around. Great result.
A Rocknroll Dance available out of NZ in conjunction with Nevele R. Another great result.

Richard prior
07-16-2014, 09:32 PM
A Rocknroll Dance looks like a real good prospect and a pretty good move by Alabar to stand Betterthancheddar in Australia away from his father.

Njcstables
07-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Can anyone tell me why major in art is not there! What are people's thoughts on him so far?

Richard prior
07-22-2014, 01:04 AM
That's a real surprise Nathan, It looked like he was showing some promise. I would like to hear the NZ guys thoughts on how they were going over there.

Messenger
07-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Can anyone tell me why major in art is not there! What are people's thoughts on him so far?
Without any knowledge of the foals but just going on his figures so far Nathan, it would seem like he needs a break out foal.
With 3yo Qlder Major Sam his biggest earner with $85k, Major In Art would like to get a big earner in the last month of this season

Very healthy books of 110, 96, 130, 99 show he has had good support but his 2nd crop (this yrs 2yo's) only has WA's Artillery Major with $26k showing the way thanks to a Gp.1 2nd.
He is a young sire with over 400 foals on the ground and those foals are either going to make him or break him for people are impatient in this very competitive market

Messenger
07-24-2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/Stallions-on-the-move-at-Alabar-Stud

Major In Art now a Newcastle lad

Shannon
07-25-2014, 10:48 PM
That's a real surprise Nathan, It looked like he was showing some promise. I would like to hear the NZ guys thoughts on how they were going over there.
The one I bred out of a young courage filly is huge. Has a streak in him. Great mover. Time will tell. A bad Quarter crack halted his chance at 3yold racing. Wasn't considered 2yold material because of his size.

Messenger
07-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Betterthancheddar to stand for them in VIC this time around. Great result.
A Rocknroll Dance available out of NZ in conjunction with Nevele R. Another great result.
Betterthancheddar is still listed as standing in Vic this season 3V, where did he stand?

mango
07-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Betterthancheddar is still listed as standing in Vic this season 3V, where did he stand?

New Zealand (Alabar)

jackthepunter
07-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Alabar IMO bring out a lot of stallions every year past, And present.most which if you got right into their breeding, which stailion their bye how many winners to foal the dams had, and their race record are nothing but over priced crap that suck people in every year because of their cleaver in your face marketing campaigns.99% of any good colts in USA retire at 3.

Richard prior
07-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Jack, Times have changed, The top horses from Nth America must race on to the end of their 4yr old careers now before going to stud. Now if you would like to pass judgement on Alabar's stallion line up, For a start 15 from 18 have earned a million dollars or more from their racing careers and there's a stallion for every budget and at the end of the day, Nobody is shoving them down your throat and there are plenty of other stallions around here in OZ or NZ. We really have a great choice these days and the final decision is left up to the individual breeder.

jackthepunter
07-26-2014, 10:44 PM
It's how they get to the 1 millions that's the issue,the best ones at 2-3 not the ones that have 60 plus starts and are just free for allers. I can't agree with you most champs are still retire at 3, it the quality of races they run in not the million prize money, half of these stallion wouldn't beat our grand circuit horse here, are shit bred but because their got USA after their name everyone rushes off to bred to them,when their are better bred and preformed horses that race here that can't hardly get mare half the time. If you getting 200 mares no matter how crap a sire you are you'll still get a winner.

Gtrain
07-27-2014, 12:11 AM
What stallions here are you referring to exactly Jack? What Australian bred/raced stallions deserve more patronage then they receive?

jackthepunter
07-27-2014, 05:15 AM
What stallions here are you referring to exactly Jack? What Australian bred/raced stallions deserve more patronage then they receive?
Well gtrain for starters I should have said aussie/nz sires I think are better bred and performed than some of these usa free for allers that get a lot of mares. Here are the ones imo I think deserve more of a go with better quality and quantity to at least give them a chance to see if their got it.

For starters For a Reason And Lanercost, both very well bred on both sides and had proven racetrack performance, yet were put back into work because of lack of numbers. Even a stallion like Flightpath whos very well bred has stuggled for mares.

On the nz side I think stallions like Changeover,Tintin In America, Smiling Shard should be given more of a go.

Then their the Trotters Skyvalley, or though had some support should have got alot more.
Also Down Under Muscles, by a great stallion out of one of the best producering trotting mares were seen, hardly got a mare.

Even stallions like christian cullen and courage under fire didn't get much of a go their first few seasons.

Theirs probably a few others out their I cant thnk of right know too.

Put usa after any of these stallions names and numbers go up staight away.

Viv Strangman
07-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Well gtrain for starters I should have said aussie/nz sires I think are better bred and performed than some of these usa free for allers that get a lot of mares. Here are the ones imo I think deserve more of a go with better quality and quantity to at least give them a chance to see if their got it.

For starters For a Reason And Lanercost, both very well bred on both sides and had proven racetrack performance, yet were put back into work because of lack of numbers. Even a stallion like Flightpath whos very well bred has stuggled for mares.

On the nz side I think stallions like Changeover,Tintin In America, Smiling Shard should be given more of a go.

Then their the Trotters Skyvalley, or though had some support should have got alot more.
Also Down Under Muscles, by a great stallion out of one of the best producering trotting mares were seen, hardly got a mare.

Even stallions like christian cullen and courage under fire didn't get much of a go their first few seasons.

Theirs probably a few others out their I cant thnk of right know too.

Put usa after any of these stallions names and numbers go up staight away.
I am sure you didn't mean Courage Under Fire- Mares in first four years of 201--163--252--312 and thats in Nz or Changeover in first four years 225--137--113-- 142 in Nz. As for Christian Cullen, his lack of early mares was completely down to price with his initial stud fee being higher than the leading sire at the time in Live Or Die.
As for four year olds from North America, does that mean we shouldn't breed to Art Major

jackthepunter
07-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I am sure you didn't mean Courage Under Fire- Mares in first four years of 201--163--252--312 and thats in Nz or Changeover in first four years 225--137--113-- 142 in Nz. As for Christian Cullen, his lack of early mares was completely down to price with his initial stud fee being higher than the leading sire at the time in Live Or Die.
As for four year olds from North America, does that mean we shouldn't breed to Art Major
No viv over here in aus.

My point was not against 4 years old. I was saying for the most part the best 2-3 year olds in the usa have historical retired at the end of their 3 year old year. The point I was also trying to make is alot of stallions that have come out here past and present from the usa, are nothing more than free for allers that they wont bred to. They come out here get plenty of flashie advertisement and get lots of mare when their no good to start with.

Richard prior
07-27-2014, 02:49 PM
That's definitley a thing of the past Jack and breeders who have been burnt in the past are right onto that, These days we have access to Bettor's Delight and did have access to Rocknroll Hanover until his sad passing, These 2 stallions are No1 & 2 on the USTA earnings for open age pacers, Somebeachsomewhere has been available by Frozen semen for a couple of years, Rock n Roll Heaven and A Rocknroll Dance, Both the top 3 yr olds in their careers are available and also Bettor's very good son Betterthancheddar is available as well, We really are getting the cream of the crop these days and it all comes down to the individual breeders choice, Suitability and budget.

eliteblood
07-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Jack, I think you are being unfair in your criticism of the Alabar stallions. Of the 10 imported pacing stallions, 7 of them won over $1 million as 3YO's. The other 3 are Artiscape $974k (3YO of the Year), Betterthancheddar $800k and Big Jim $710k.
While they range in quality, I don't think any of their pacing stallions can be criticized as not being a genuine class juvenile performer.
Competition between stallions is so intense and people have too much information at their fingertips these days for studs to import a 2nd rate stallion and hope to be able to do well by way of clever marketing.

Triple V
08-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Did you get much rain up there in Kurrajong...'Jack' ?