PDA

View Full Version : Golden Crosses

chinga13
11-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Just after everyone's thoughts on crosses and Golden Crosses and what to look for when breeding to a Stallion. At the moment i have a Perfect Art mare in foal to Well Said which carries the 3F x 3M cross to Artsplace. Talking to some people they say the cross is great and well supported but when speaking to others they say that the pedigree has too much Albatross is the middle of the Bloodline and therefore will not carry on the traits of (having Speed). What are people opinions on this and which stallions do you look for in the bloodline to hopefully carry on speed to the foal??

Toohard
11-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Gday Joe.

Have Perfect Art mare myself. Was told nothing wrong breeding that way. Got a Rock N Roll Heaven 2yo out of her so hope not!!

If you look at horses like Lilac Stride, Lady Euthenia and I think Sheez No Fake... all Art Major mares (full brother Perfect Art) and they went to Rock N Roll Heaven. Much more astute breeders than me. Guess will find out soon when some of them hit the track.

Have you looked at this website? http://www.classicfamilies.net Cheers

chinga13
11-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi Paul

Thanks for the info. Yeah i have been looking through that website along with some others and found nothing wrong with this cross as well but after speaking to a few others who have bred quite a large amount of horses they said that having too much Albatross in the middle of the bloodline will almost guarantee a horse with no speed but more of a grinder type. I just don't understand how they can say that, i really want to know what horses i need to have in the bloodline to hopefully produce a horse with speed. My mare will be going to Mr. Feelgood this year because he seems to be working in well with Perfect Art mares this has a 3M x 3M cross and has alot of Abercrombie and Meadow Skipper in the middle of the bloodline. Yeah your definately right though Paul we will soon see how the foals go.

Toohard
11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Hi Paul

Thanks for the info. Yeah i have been looking through that website along with some others and found nothing wrong with this cross as well but after speaking to a few others who have bred quite a large amount of horses they said that having too much Albatross in the middle of the bloodline will almost guarantee a horse with no speed but more of a grinder type. I just don't understand how they can say that, i really want to know what horses i need to have in the bloodline to hopefully produce a horse with speed. My mare will be going to Mr. Feelgood this year because he seems to be working in well with Perfect Art mares this has a 3M x 3M cross and has alot of Abercrombie and Meadow Skipper in the middle of the bloodline. Yeah your definately right though Paul we will soon see how the foals go.

Looked at Mr Feelgood too! Got some decent ones going round out of Perfect Art mares. Charming Allie!

Was going to go Mr Feelgood next but our 2yo by RNR Heaven is a very impressive beast. He (Heaven) was a little too expensive for us this year so went to Pet Rock. Again 3 x 3 Artsplace.

If we are wrong we're gooses... if right we're experts!!

Most importantly... ENJOY !!!!

** Also my mare 2nd foal by Life Sign...Abercrombie 2 x 4... She's a nice horse... but not a racehorse.