PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Lindy

squaregaiter
01-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Hello all, I am a “newbie” to the forum and would just like to introduce myself to this particular thread as I am passionate about the trotter (is there any other real gait in harness racing)
I am most interested in the breeding side of things and I thought it very interesting that at Maryborough ( the trotting capital of Victoria) the winner of the 1st race AMARULA NZ is out of a NZ bred Sundon mare who has been a very moderate producer at best with 8 named foals and 4 of winners ( including AMARULA who has won more than the rest of the family already), however, it is the stallion that makes the real interest I think. The stallion is “our own Victorian based” Bacardi Lindy who is a much underrated stallion and this mating took place when he was sent to NZ to stand for 2 seasons before coming back here to stand.
The loss of those 2 seasons has still not taken too much toll on his ability as a stallion in the numbers game as he is only a few dollars short of the “average $ per 3yo starter” behind the much publicized Angus Hall so all looks good for him, they all seem to trot well and clearly the best is yet to come.

Adaptor
01-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Hi Bruce.
Great to see you have joined.
Bacardi Lindy is entitled to leave good ones.
His dam, Rum Boogy by Valley Victory was very good( see below). And SJs Photo has done a very good job with 7 millionaires in the US and more in Europe

Rum Boogie:
1998 USA Kentuckiana -2fT Indy 2
1998 CAN Champlain Stakes -2fT Moh 2
1998 USA Bluegrass -2fT Lex 3
1998 USA Goldsmith Maid -2fT GSP 1
1999 USA Matron Stakes -3fT DD 2
1999 USA Zweig Memorial -3fT Sycs 3
1999 USA Bluegrass -3fT Lex 3
1999 USA Kentucky Futurity -3fT Lex 1
1998 USA 2YO Filly Trotter of the Year USA

Rum Boogie 1996 (F U1 ) by Valley Victory - T1:55.0US $900,908 [2]
dam of Bacardi Lindy 2003 (M U1 ) by SJs Photo - T1:52.4US $207,326

Karamea
01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
As the owner of Bacardi Lindy I guess I am a bit prejudiced.
However, there is no doubt about the fact that he has done a great job as a sire from day one.
Taking into account that the majority of the mares bred to him have been moderate producers adds to this.
Just about every one of his offspring is either the fastest or richest progeny of their dam.
Given half a chance he will, in my opinion, become a prolific sire of winners as his progeny mature with age.
This is my first "post".
I hope there will be more.

squaregaiter
01-30-2015, 11:53 AM
G'day Mr Historian ! ( small world, I just found this forum, yes I am a little slow ololololol- cant get my smiles to work) Yes you don't have to sell me on him olollol the real question is from my point of view is the horse is having to do it the very hard way by having his off spring racing, winning and proving themselves rather than the free ride hype others stallions get in the media

squaregaiter
01-30-2015, 11:56 AM
This disgraceful situation I understand will be raised directly with the Sports Minister in the next few weeks

squaregaiter
01-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Facts are facts Ross you don't have to be prejudiced :) well done !

Messenger
01-30-2015, 12:36 PM
As the owner of Bacardi Lindy I guess I am a bit prejudiced.
However, there is no doubt about the fact that he has done a great job as a sire from day one.
Taking into account that the majority of the mares bred to him have been moderate producers adds to this.
Just about every one of his offspring is either the fastest or richest progeny of their dam.
Given half a chance he will, in my opinion, become a prolific sire of winners as his progeny mature with age.
This is my first "post".
I hope there will be more.

So do we Ross
How many did BL serve this season Ross?

Messenger
01-31-2015, 12:47 AM
A good night for BL at Ballarat tonight
A nice second for his returning flagship Claudys Princess
and a win for Girls Go First who has become a very consistent performer

Karamea
01-31-2015, 10:52 AM
Don't know for sure. The stud hasn't advised me yet but have a feeling he didn't have a lot of bookings. Victorian breeders don't seem to like him as much as they did a couple of years ago.

squaregaiter
02-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Don't know for sure. The stud hasn't advised me yet but have a feeling he didn't have a lot of bookings. Victorian breeders don't seem to like him as much as they did a couple of years ago.

I guess Ross that is the penalty of him going to NZ for a couple of years and then you loose the rebookings/ or people be able to come and look at him etc etc, he's still very young so I am sure it will turn around again as he is doing so well. Some good promo going into this breeding season and your away again Good Luck with him

Messenger
02-05-2015, 12:44 PM
I guess Ross that is the penalty of him going to NZ for a couple of years and then you loose the rebookings/ or people be able to come and look at him etc etc, he's still very young so I am sure it will turn around again as he is doing so well. Some good promo going into this breeding season and your away again Good Luck with him

A NZ hiccup has happened to the Simpson's before

Noel was greatly disappointed with the poor response from Kiwi breeders to Gay Reveler [His Majesty from the Truax mare Calumet Emissary! It stood just the one season at his Yendarra Farm.

from Broodmares are not created equal by Max Agnew
http://www.harness.org.au/hra/awards/2014/Best-Historical.pdf

squaregaiter
02-06-2015, 10:46 AM
http://www.harness.org.au/hra/awards/2014/Best-Historical.pdf[/QUOTE]

Darn good read Kevin, thank you :)

squaregaiter
02-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Good win last night at Geelong with the Bacardi Lindy gelding Bellmac Cody and as mentioned in another thread,Haydon Gray's drive was simply outstanding, the guy really has a stopwatch in his head.
Nice to see Barcadi Lindy with 11 in this years coming sale after only 2 last year ( 1 was withdrawn), so I am sure that will put a smile on your face Ross :)

Messenger
02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
http://www.harness.org.au/hra/awards/2014/Best-Historical.pdf

Darn good read Kevin, thank you :)[/QUOTE]

The link was first provided by Wayne Hayes in the Chiltern thread and the beauty of it is that it tips us off to an interesting section of hra to research

Messenger
05-02-2015, 02:27 AM
BL is running hot A WINNER AT EACH OF VIC'S LAST 3 MEETINGS and a double tonight - that equates to 4 of the last 7 Vic trots!

spider2311
05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Really hitting his straps as a sire. At the moment has the really good 2yo and a really nice 3yo filly. He Also has the superstar mare Claudys princess, went super at Shepp and the runner up the boss man.
Value for money you can't go wrong with Bacardi Lindy

Richard prior
05-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Yes doing a fine job and as Ross pointed out, He's not getting the best mares either, This tells you a lot about Barcardi's quality.

squaregaiter
05-06-2015, 01:33 PM
as mentioned when I started this threat the horse is having to do it for himself and at this point of time he is indeed doing that, with less starters than others he is Leading 2yo winners to starters, he is 5th on the 3yo's and over all he is 4th winners to starters on the tables , why wouldn't you want to look if you had a mare with a suitable nick ?

Karamea
05-06-2015, 02:46 PM
More than happy with the way the Bacardi Lindy's are going at present. I believe there are better things to come with a few new ones making their mark and the older ones proving my opinion that they get better with age.
With 40 + mares return positives to him this season I hope we can justify keeping him in Victoria
Ross Simpson

Richard prior
05-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Pretty sure you will get even more this coming season Ross, He's doing a fine job.

spider2311
09-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Just keeps producing winners. More group 1 winners this past season, cruisin around, needabacardi.
Also 3rd in 2yo breeders crown, claudys prince. Full brother to champion mare claudys princess.
Best value trotting sire available.